Sign in to follow this  
Bloodreina

PLEASE CLOSE The diary of a new player

Thats a nice way to play.

I have been playing around 6h a day on my first two years. Casual and i enjoyed it.then i sold it all out. Started second char, did gring for 6 to 8h a day. Got in 60 days two skills above 90. Then i quit again. That repeated two more times later on. On jan tgis year i managed to get my original account back. Sometimes i log online and wander what to do.then i start working on something.due to high skills and many years of game, unkeep for the deed was never a problem.nor do i need to repair it.

Not long ago i found an old friend that came back to game.asked him to join me on my deed.he can do whatever he wants, just cant enter my house. He started small farm around the deed, planting trees.he does play a bit more than me.but we enjoy freedom of the game.that is what keeps me playing wurm.unlimited freedom and fun at a very low cost.

I'm glad you decided to stay! Your choice of home location might be a bit harder than you planned, but it can be rewarding to accomplish something you really want, even if it takes longer. 

13 hours ago, Bloodreina said:

UPDATE POST

Just a short update because, as I hinted in my previous message, I decided to change my approach. Starting now, I'll try to reduce "chores" (maintenance work) at a minimum and try to focus as much as possible on "projects" (progress) and, in order to be able to see some results even with my time constraints, I will no longer split my time doing something else every day, but instead focus on finishing a small project, then move to the next one.

And here's the list with my first five "projects":

- build a larder, so I can take advantage of the winter season and gather some snowballs

- build enough BSBs so I can have one for every 10 ql range (0 to 9.99 ql, 10.00 to 19.99, and so on 'till 90.00 to 99.99), then some more for my dirt and sand

- level my woodcutting to at least 25 (which will be kinda slow since with only a rowboat I can only cut and carry home three trees at a time) and gather a reasonable supply of 25+ ql logs, so I'll can start improving my wood items up to 25 ql (and then have to worry about reimping 'till they drop to 20ql)

- level my mining to 25 (which again will be kinda slow since with only a rowboat I can only carry 40 shards home at a time) and gather a reasonable supply of 25+ ql rock shards and iron lumps, so I'll can start improving my metal and masonry items up to 25 ql (and then have to worry about reimping 'till they drop to 20ql)

- improve all my items up to 25 ql (which, again, will probably take quite a lot of time since my skills are really low)

- finish dredging the edges of my island, so I can see exactly what tiles I'll can raise out of water with concrete later on

- raise the NW corner of my deed above water level

I'll post a new update once a project is completed and another one joins the queue (I aim to always have a list of at least five projects in the working).

Anyway, enough about the future, let's see how the things look in the present.

Characteristics:

- Mind: 20.16
--- Mind logic: 24.23
--- Mind speed: 19.94
- Soul: 14.50
--- Soul depth: 21.92
--- Soul strength: 20.05
- Body: 22.54
--- Body strength: 23.37
--- Body stamina: 22.56
--- Body control: 21.87

Skills:

- Prospecting: 14.14

- Climbing: 29.01
- Mining: 13.39
- Digging: 69.51

- Smithing

--- Blacksmithing: 17.79

- Tailoring

--- Leatherworking: 16.23
Nature: 30.43
--- Gardening: 22.84
--- Foraging: 36.91
--- Botanizing: 22.72
--- Forestry: 16.91

--- Farming: 14.47
--- Meditating: 36.31
--- Animal husbandry: 34.57
- Miscellaneous items: 37.65
--- Shovel: 44.28
--- Pickaxe: 15.14
--- Repairing: 26.05
--- Sickle: 14.49

--- Hammer: 13.47
- Axes: 12.45
--- Hatchet: 12.78
- Woodcutting: 20.11
- Carpentry: 40.06
--- Fine carpentry: 21.55
--- Ship building: 13.94

Deed plan: https://warlander.github.io/DeedPlanner-3-web/?map=https%3A%2F%2Fpastebin.com%2FbGdecawN

As always, comments, constructive criticism and advises are more than welcome!

Looks like your doing well and your climbing is better than mine and I've been playing for years LOL.

I had a similar problem when I started as my first deed had no mine or trees ( Independence was really crowded then) and I had to ferry supplies across Black Dog Canal in a raft.

You can combine things like shards, metal lumps, and clay to fit more into your rowboat.   

Another way to level Woodcutting is to turn wood scrap into kindling ( my Fo priest got to 40+WC without ever cutting down a tree).

• Like 1

Just a short notice: I updated the original post with the latest changes in my play style and, starting now, I will always keep it updated with the latest achievements, skills dump, deed plan link and projects list, so if anyone is interested to not have to always scroll to the last post.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2020 at 1:07 AM, Jberg said:

Adding on my personal notes, I would sincerely encourage you to keep up with the foraging / botanizing / killing creatures for fight skill / burying corpses. Even if you don't get the rare window of opportunity often that provides the coins, it's a free amount of extra coppers and silvers that will make a difference over time for little extra effort if you're doing it in passing. Something else you can do, if coins is something you look to accumulate without paying real life currency for them, which is selling items to your token.

As far as I know, the king's coffers are not yet working on NFI. Could you please re-check with GM and Dev team? And possibly give an information whether and when they will work?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NeeNee said:

I'm glad you decided to stay! Your choice of home location might be a bit harder than you planned, but it can be rewarding to accomplish something you really want, even if it takes longer. 

Same here :) , good that you are going on. Just as an advice: If you find the time, try to make a larder before end of the winter season. Snowballs will be available for the next 2 RL days or so, best to collect (ql wise) on tundra, steppe, stone etc. slabs, and under trees. A larder should be not to hard to make with your fine carpentry skill, possibly you have to buy or barter the lead lumps for it if you have no lead nearby. A full icebox with 100 snowballs holds longer than a Wurm year, and prepared food stays fresh ways longer in a larder.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Same here :) , good that you are going on. Just as an advice: If you find the time, try to make a larder before end of the winter season. Snowballs will be available for the next 2 RL days or so, best to collect (ql wise) on tundra, steppe, stone etc. slabs, and under trees. A larder should be not to hard to make with your fine carpentry skill, possibly you have to buy or barter the lead lumps for it if you have no lead nearby. A full icebox with 100 snowballs holds longer than a Wurm year, and prepared food stays fresh ways longer in a larder.

Thanks for the tip, but, since I had some leftofer lead lumps from my mooring anchor, I already did that (but I have to say that it was quite a struggle, failing about 10 actions before succeeding one) - anyway it's in the OP. :)

7 hours ago, griper said:

Please consider posting pics here of the deed.

I'd love to do that, but unfortunately my computer is not good enough to play at high resolution and I also have no ideas about a good "composition", hence why the deed plans - in 3d mode they look somehow like pictures... but I'll ask around and if anyone living nearby and passing by would be so nice to take some real pictures I'll sure post them here too. :)

Edited by Bloodreina

You can raise wood cutting also by making kindling, use your hatchet.

On 9/3/2020 at 11:02 AM, Ohana said:

You can raise wood cutting also by making kindling, use your hatchet.

It's unbearably slow though. And with time constraints I would not recommend it.

My video card started acting funny today, so I sent it back to service; I will return to the game (and resume posting here) once I get it back.

In the mean time, everyone, have a great time and may the RNG be with you!

• Like 3