Sign in to follow this  
Threap

DO NOT link faiths between defiance and north freedom pve

In the last patch notes

In addition to these changes, starting Monday, August 24th faith and deity will transfer between Northern Freedom PvE and Defiance. If you are a priest on both sides, the deity with the highest faith will take priority.

If you are in the HOTS kingdom your deity will be swapped to Libila.

This change removes many fun game play aspects including being able to play a priest on pvp and craft on pve. It also forces all pvp hots players to be lib on pve preventing them being vyn for the skill gain bonus for example.

I am suggesting to NOT make this change and leave things as they are, If you agree to keep things the way they are +1 this post if you want the change please post why, 

• Like 24

+1 Forcing someone to play on PVE in a specific way due to their choices on PVP which is separate cluster is down right stupid. 

• Like 9

Agree

I quite often see people say they think priests and non priest should be somewhat merged. This was a middle ground allowing for people to be a bit of both and was a boost to people to convince them to play on the pvp server

• Like 2

i also agree, if the reason for this change is because of the skill grind transfer of channeling then they can just make it so channeling doesn't transfer between servers, there is other solutions then making drastic changes like this. i personally enjoy having freedom to do what i really want on pve when i need a pvp break.

+1 - otherwise you better change the name Freedom to something less ironic....

• Like 2

Huge +1. An advertised aspect of the game that brought a lot of players, new and old, to the game will be removed with this patch. Many of us PvPers planned to play PvP as priests, whilst taking breaks on Freedom and having the freedom to do as we pleased without being tied down by our choices on an unlinked PvP server. Skip this patch, you'll be better off for it. 

• Like 2

+1, I don't want to be forced to play as a priest over on PVE servers and not be able to even build a deed for myself just because I choose to priest up on the PVP server.

If this change is just because you can grind channeling more efficiently by being one faith one one server for one set of spells and another on the other for another set of spells to fill the gaps in good grinding spells maybe channeling shouldn't cross over.

+1 

Choosing what KD you want to be in should not depend on what faith you have as a priest on an not-connected server.

It is discriminating and I can see many players being discouraged by this.

+1

Keep faith separate and allow people more flexibility to play as they wish. 

+1 Just make it so channeling doesn't transfer between servers.

• Like 1

+1

This change amounts to false advertising. Many people bought premium and planned alts based on the ability to move between PvE and PvP servers without restrictions. Changing now is an unnecessary and punitive restriction.

• Like 2

I feel like an in-depth post is needed by the Dev team / Retrograde to explain why they're making this change, given that, as stated above, it seriously impacts what players were wanting to do and what they expected was in their ability to do.

• Like 1

+1

Players will move between the new PvP and PvE server with a portal that is easily craftable and also available in the starter zones. All skills except Fighting will cross back and forth, faith and meditation paths do not cross, and items do not cross.

The server was originally pitched with the idea that faith would not transfer. Players have built their characters around the idea that this would remain the case. All of a sudden, this mechanic is getting removed, causing the players to scramble to figure out how to adapt their character. This is causing players to switch kingdoms, switch faiths, priest or depriest. This change is incredibly anti-player (anti-consumer) and I can't see a reason why it can't be cancelled before it's too late.

• Like 4

+1

This was discussed to hell and back in the pvp thread Darklords started. This was decided before launch and touted as one of the benefits of playing in the new servers, so a lot of us came over and invested money into this cluster for this reason. Then the dev team turns around and pulls the rug from under our feet without even a discussion? 

This is a clear case of bait and switch. You killed sleep bonus regen from portals, nerfed linking and now are killing separate faith, all within less than a month from launch. What's next? Shared meditation paths? Linking travel via boat? Eliminating kingdom crowns? Instituting old school HotA? Comeon guys...

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 3

+1

This change amounts to false advertising. Many people bought premium and planned alts based on the ability to move between PvE and PvP servers without restrictions. Changing now is an unnecessary and punitive restriction.

• Like 1

+1.   I went over my reasons in the Patch Notes thread already, but I'll re-iterate what many others have stated above.

This change is unfair to all those who decided to play on the new cluster with the assumption that Faith between PvE and PvP would be separated entirely, including alignment. It was asked how exactly that would work, with the explanation being that the systems would be entirely independent of each other, with the ability to be a priest on one, and not the other. People asked about skilling on PvE while being priest on PvP, and it was apparent the team was aware of this and fine with it.

Many players, such as myself, have decided from the beginning to have a single character who would craft on the PvE server and PvP on the other as a priest. Now with this change, we have to decide what we want to do, and unfortunately NONE of the options are easy to swallow. Also as stated in some of the above posts, many players decided to join certain Kingdoms (namely HoTS) because they would be able to hop back over to PvE to craft with Vynora's skill-gain bonuses, even as a normal Libila non-priest follower on the PvP server. Now, that option is no longer a thing because they will be forced to be Libila (or whatever god they are if not HoTS) on the PvE servers.

To reverse faith separation three weeks into the new servers sets up a bad precedent, because you will have players wondering what's next. Will Meditation be linked across the two servers as it was explicitly stated not to be? You will of course say no, or never, but how can the player base be certain when an unfair change like this one is taking place?

Keep in mind that many players saw the new cluster as a fresh start, to get away from all the previous windows of opportunities, old bugs, exploits, etc, but it seems the new cluster isn't turning out to be all that different from the old in that regard. Please reconsider your decision on this.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 9

Keeping faith is fine but being forced to have the same god for both servers isnt.

+1

1 minute ago, nitram20 said:

Keeping faith is fine but being forced to have the same god for both servers isnt.

+1

16 minutes ago, nitram20 said:

+1

+1 even though the devs are idiots who enjoy kneecapping their own game

• Like 1