Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Vredians wanted!

Hi,

I am looking for people who would like to build and live in my new-old settlement Vrede, it is a pretty big deed with a sea access, located in a beautiful place in West Elysian Bay. I do possess vast lands in R20 Ind that are in three deeds: a ranch, an orchard and a city-in-making, there are huge mines, great orchards, a lot of enchanted grass, all connected by a common internal highway system. 

This is perfect for people who would like to skill:

- Terraforming and Mining,

- Gardening and Forestry,

- Milking, Taming, Animal Husbandry (if I get to know you better). 

- Farming.

- Blacksmithing.

What are the rules:

- You have to pay 20c every 28 days for upkeep.

- I am the owner of all buildings (people come and go, and there is always a problem with houses) at least on the beginning, 

- Houses are built from marble or sandstone (city theme and there is plenty of this around),

- If you move out you need to remove your possessions within two weeks, or they become the property of the deed. 

What you will get: 

- Free animals.

- Food (before you can make your own).

- A place to build your house.

- Access to pastures, mines, orchards, fields...

- Help.

- Friends.

You are free to visit me at Platinum Ranch, so I can show you around. 🙂 

Edited by Platyna

34 minutes ago, Platyna said:

- You have to pay 20c every 28 days for upkeep.

Goodluck.

• Like 1

Oh nice i might join, i thought i'll never find a place where I can work on somebody else's project AND pay for it! Awesome!

I deeded this land for the mines. It is a nice location, terraformed. So I got an idea that people who can't afford own deed can live there and enjoy the security of the deed, my resources and help.

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

I don't understand the complaints about asking a little for upkeep.  It's not like it really covers costs. 

Apart from a minor constraint on building material (and I saw this at several other villages when I was looking for a home) there is no real imposition on what a villager can or must do.  Most of the villages that I saw gave free "rent" but you had to accept an assigned job and work for it, so what really is the difference?

I would say, though, that 2 weeks is a little bit short for forfeiting property.  In my opinion it should be at least twice that, but then maybe also have a barn or shed or something where people could put their stuff short-term.

I have been all over this area recently, and there is a nicely laid out town, handy resources and plenty of room for further development.  Easy access to waterways and close to a starter spawn point.  If you are looking for a home on Indy, this could well be a good place to look.

There are three storage buildings, and it is all negotiable. Also at Astrix I helped with people moving out (the citizens made their own deeds, and we accepted them back in alliance as mayors). 

Edited by Platyna

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for a small contribution to upkeep. It's certainly cheaper than paying for your own deed, and even if there are some restrictions on what you are allowed to build, you still get the benefits of citizenship - spawn point, theft prevention, lessened decay, etc.