Sign in to follow this  
Thalius

[Case Resolved] Client Download Links Broken?

I removed the JNLP client from my machine as per the instructions in the announcement. Afterwards I went to the download page online as well as tried following the link posted in the announcement, but every download link times out and nothing loads and no download option is given for any of the links on the downloads page.

There was an error, it should be fixed now. Please report back if you still have problems. 

Edited by Nordlys

Make sure to clear your cache. The links were all updated today.

I cleared the cache and they are still not working for me.

I have also tried using a different browser. Same result. All the download links time out after about 30 seconds with Firefox. They time out faster when using Microsoft Edge.

Edited by Thalius

if we are using windows we can just install the 64 setup and forget the jnlp exist, right?

10 minutes ago, AlmostSolitude2 said:

if we are using windows we can just install the 64 setup and forget the jnlp exist, right?

Yes, but that link is not working for me either.
Also, I have been having problems getting the 64bit client to work on my machine before this current issue with the links came up.

I've had some help in the Discord CA channel trying to figure out the problem. Ostentatio has some technical info they have been helping me dig up to try and help. They will send the info along to those who need it to try and understand what the issue is.

• Like 1

Ostentatio was able to figure out a work around that fixed the issue with the links from my end.

Interesting part is that the workaround also fixed the problem I've had with being able to run the 64bit launcher.  I was able to download and run it without any issues. Ostentatio has all the details. Hope it helps figure out what the issue was in the first place.

Also, a big thank you to them for taking an hour or more out of their day to help me solve the problem. ;)

Thanks for your report and letting us know that the work around helped you with more than one issue.  The cause is still unknown at this time so the devs will work on a possible solution for situations similar to this.

• Like 1