Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Can we have the Libila page updated?

Thank you for your help.  I have made the edits you have suggested.

5 hours ago, Kyoko said:

Thank you for your help.  I have made the edits you have suggested.

Libila followers are generally less successful when taming animals.

I cant point to the patch note but I am 99% sure this was patched a very long time ago (couple years) during one of the priest balances. Would be worth looking into.

I think you might be right. I’ll look into that and will update the page as necessary. 

Pretty sure

Libila followers are generally less successful when taming animals.

Is not longer correct, I am fairly sure it was actually members of a HOTS template kingdom regardless of what god they followed. However I think this was actually removed a few years ago.

Yeah, the only references I could find in the forum was that the taming restriction didn't apply to followers of Nathan.  In fact, one post back in 2018 from a Wiolo says, " If you have good taming than you can tame almost anything with Nathan."  So I'm thinking that's how BLers got around that issue.  Only references in the forum about Libila and taming comes from a post in 2013 where Aflacduck had mentioned in a post that BL had a "taming nerf" and a suggestion from that same year to introduce Battlepets to Wurm as a way to combat the nerf on Libila followers.  But beyond that, I couldn't find any patch note or mention in the Valrei International posts that say it was ever fixed.

Edited by Kyoko
mistyped

If we can find out when Dreadnaught Dynasty disbanded, we could cross-reference it with the patch notes from that time. I believe I was in DD when the announcement was made that the taming nerf was removed.

I am positive this was not a thing anymore. The nerf was very significant and it was no longer applicable when I was in HotS Epic, so I am sure it was removed.

So, I tried to trace when Dreadnaught Dynasty disbanded but there wasn't a post I could find that verified when it happened so I just went with the date of the last post on the DD topic, which was in 2017.  I looked through the patch notes for the entire year, from 2017 to 2018.  Still no mention of the nerf.  But here's what I'm going to do.  I've been asking around and I've come to the theory that this nerf has been a complete placebo effect on the players that made the claim and that it became an urban legend.  There was even an entry in the wiki that asked for more testing on it back in 2011 but was removed on September 11, 2012.  So, I will reword the entry on the nerf unless someone can prove to me that it is indeed correct and then will I put it back up as a fact on the page.

On 7/20/2017 at 9:31 PM, DevBlog said:

Removed the taming difficulty modifier on Black light kingdom players.

Wasn't entirely a nerf, more of a different system. they had a hard time taming weaker mobs but easier time taming strong mobs, you could tame champion crocodiles and unicorns with ease as hots, around the area of 10% at 50 skill, where as a WL it was completely impossible

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

1 hour ago, Kyoko said:

So, I tried to trace when Dreadnaught Dynasty disbanded but there wasn't a post I could find that verified when it happened so I just went with the date of the last post on the DD topic, which was in 2017.  I looked through the patch notes for the entire year, from 2017 to 2018.  Still no mention of the nerf.  But here's what I'm going to do.  I've been asking around and I've come to the theory that this nerf has been a complete placebo effect on the players that made the claim and that it became an urban legend.  There was even an entry in the wiki that asked for more testing on it back in 2011 but was removed on September 11, 2012.  So, I will reword the entry on the nerf unless someone can prove to me that it is indeed correct and then will I put it back up as a fact on the page.

No it wasnt a placebo effect. Any blacklighter could tell you that. When you keep failing to tame hellhorses at 70 skill, its a thing. But anyways, @Oblivionnreaverfound the patch notes. Thanks Oblivionn!

How did I miss that one?  Thank you Oblivionnreaver; I will remove the entry from the wiki.

• Like 1