Sign in to follow this  
Traveler777

Ship, Wagon and Cart Ownership Tokens

The idea is to create a token for placement on merchants that essentially replaces the key but transfers ownership to the new owner. Link to ships in a dock or harbor, wagons and large carts too so you can encompass all the times zones in sales. They can be color coded too such as copper for less than 1 silver or silver for greater than costs too. There would have to be a code assigned to make sure what you see is what you get though. The main idea is to make offline trading of these items more accessible. 

Except for most items a key does not designate the owner, the person able to manage the permissions is owner.

The entire point of the permissions system as it is was to move away from the need for a physical item to designate ownership, and instead allow a remote management system that cannot be lost on losing a "token" of some sort.

As the system currently is, the receiving owner does not need to be online, just the sending owner, for a vehicle or something with permissions, which ensures that ownership transferring is deliberate on the part of the sending owner. (Exception being accidental misspelling new owner's name in which case we usually assist with reverting the error)

I personally do not see the ability to place a physical item on a merchant for ownership transferring as outweighing of everything gained by having a remote, "paperless" system.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

I personally do not see the ability to place a physical item on a merchant for ownership transferring as outweighing of everything gained by having a remote, "paperless" system.

I have not ever seen this as doing away with the permissions system, merely supplementing it in a way that adds functionality.  

3 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

Well i think you're very wrong. The most annoying things about trade of big items like vehicles or bulk is that, you have to chase person to be online at same time and deliver if you want to minimize the risk of not being payed and that on top of that you have to base it on trust instead of game mechanics that guarantee you sussesfull transfership and payment.

With writs of ownership one can easily park their wagons/ boats on deed, slap merchant put writs on sale and not worry any further. Buyers life will be easier too, instead of chasing owner on trade chat, he just come to place known to sell vehicles, and in a instance he acquire him self wanted thing without hustle at own leaisure. For contact sales via trade window it adds another layer of security.

I really hope this will be implemented but seeing stuff members living in a bubble that some things works perfectly as it is but in fact no one is using them or have reluctance to use them give me scepticism...

2 hours ago, kochinac said:

Well i think you're very wrong. The most annoying things about trade of big items like vehicles or bulk is that, you have to chase person to be online at same time and deliver if you want to minimize the risk of not being payed and that on top of that you have to base it on trust instead of game mechanics that guarantee you sussesfull transfership and payment.

With writs of ownership one can easily park their wagons/ boats on deed, slap merchant put writs on sale and not worry any further. Buyers life will be easier too, instead of chasing owner on trade chat, he just come to place known to sell vehicles, and in a instance he acquire him self wanted thing without hustle at own leaisure. For contact sales via trade window it adds another layer of security.

I really hope this will be implemented but seeing stuff members living in a bubble that some things works perfectly as it is but in fact no one is using them or have reluctance to use them give me scepticism...

I think you may be right about the bubble.  It seems a lot of old timers love the permission system because they had a pretty clunky system of ownership writs before that.  What I think is being proposed here, and what I proposed in the other thread, is the ability to pretty much do what you are describing.  You decide you want to sell something - you create a transferrable ownership document - COD that or stock a merchant with it - done.  Have a look at some of the uses I proposed for this - it could really open up simple trading of vehicles.  I think there is some prejudice about ANY document system because they had such a bad one.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

In fact, the recent ways of item transfer are fairly safe and do not require physical presence of buyer and seller, only consent between them. In that case, it suffices for the seller to send a paper or papyrus COD with the purchasing price, and change ownership once the bill is accepted.

Failing to do so despite payment would lead to a complaint ticket at the GM who are very strict in prosecution of ingame fraud. So I am inclined to agree to Shrimpiie.

Granted, I sold the ships I did sell by sailing them to the customer, and receiving cash, being carried back by an alt, quite oldschool  😎.

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Failing to do so despite payment would lead to a complaint ticket at the GM who are very strict in prosecution of ingame fraud. So I am inclined to agree to Shrimpiie

But why lol, why would you include GM when you can make system where this isn't necessary... Why would you rely on trust and GM intervention when you can automatically transfer ownership upon paying. Yeah it might have a lot of cases to cover with implementation but implementation of such system if good  would provide whole new level of safety and time saving in transactions.

And your case doesn't solve selling vehicles by merchants.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kochinac said:

Well i think you're very wrong. The most annoying things about trade of big items like vehicles or bulk is that, you have to chase person to be online at same time

Kochinac, if the current perms system allowed for transfer to offline players, would that satisfy what you are looking for? It seems if this were possible, the issues you point out would be alleviated. Why is it that you actually can't transfer to players who aren't currently online but that are players nonetheless?

1 minute ago, Alpengeist said:

Kochinac, if the current perms system allowed for transfer to offline players, would that satisfy what you are looking for? It seems if this were possible, the issues you point out would be alleviated. Why is it that you actually can't transfer to players who aren't currently online but that are players nonetheless?

nope, thats not the point of my post nor would satisfy my needs ingame

24 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

In fact, the recent ways of item transfer are fairly safe and do not require physical presence of buyer and seller, only consent between them. In that case, it suffices for the seller to send a paper or papyrus COD with the purchasing price, and change ownership once the bill is accepted.

Failing to do so despite payment would lead to a complaint ticket at the GM who are very strict in prosecution of ingame fraud. So I am inclined to agree to Shrimpiie.

Granted, I sold the ships I did sell by sailing them to the customer, and receiving cash, being carried back by an alt, quite oldschool  😎.

"fairly safe"  but also high touch, with  fiddly extraneous elements, and in a way that can't be implemented for a whole sector of trading.