Sign in to follow this  
Wurmfarm

Moonmetal's removal and the aftereffect (Harmony and Melody)

As it stands now many of the priests in the large groups took advantage of the fact that moon metal was available in the first week.

This gives them the option of having a seryll ring to constantly grind resistance spells on and further that huge gap that was already amplified by the linking bug.

(For those who do not know you cannot shatter stuff made with seryll)

This should have been addressed by either.

A: making it known that moonmetals would be removed from shop shortly and buy them if you wanted them.

or B: Removing all moonmetals purchased from players possession and reimbursing the loyalty points.

Instead it was ignored.... Now there is a huge  difference in ability to grind effectively. 

This can either be resolved by removing all the moonmetal in game and reinbursing loyalty points, enabling rifts, or giving everyone 1 lump of moonmetal similar to when loyalty program was introduced years ago.

Edited by Wurmfarm

So basically you have no real proof but are basing this off of things that happened in the past... Right.

I play with people who have 70+ faith and 50+ channeling on the new servers not one of them have used seryll or moon metals. 

Edited by atazs

1 hour ago, atazs said:

So basically you have no real proof but are basing this off of things that happened in the past... Right.

I play with people who have 70+ faith and 50+ channeling on the new servers not one of them have used seryll or moon metals. 

On the same note: 

Logging started 2020-08-10

[23:02:38] <Valdrid> (Har) PC Seryll Ring

This is the same scenario we had with fountain pans. Those gave a small group of people a big advantage. You know the seryll rings are extremely useful and deny that. You are not a new player who might say "what are 20 of those going to change in the grand scheme of things?". You are well aware how over the top they are if left in hands of a small group.

I don't know you but i know you are not a new player who doesn't know how bad it can get. 

To me as a bystander ,this looks like you have a personal interest in Seryll not getting removed/replaced with another moonmetal.

Please note; i don't have or plan to have a priest on the new cluster but i do realise how big advantage those items give to a handfull of people. 

4 hours ago, atazs said:

Yea, they only have 6 alts to link to. 

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

u know you can just spam create rings and cast on them right

But I dOnT hAve A gOld VeiN

5 hours ago, Melros said:

But I dOnT hAve A gOld VeiN

Well, what about mining and looking for a gold or silver vein? There are some on harmony and melody who have one (though I doubt a bit the use to mine gold and silver without some mining skill, but for a ring, even a ball or statuette it might suffice). I fail to understand all than whining. Green of envy you appear.

Edited by Ekcin

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Well, what about mining and looking for a gold or silver vein? There are some on harmony and melody who have one (though I doubt a bit the use to mine gold and silver without some mining skill, but for a ring, even a ball or statuette it might suffice). I fail to understand all than whining. Green of envy you appear.

🙂

Just make a few dozen rings of common metals. The only advantage to Seryll rings is the convenience of only needing one. It's no better for skillgain than common rings.

• Like 1

Hardly, seryll rings dont shatter compared to normal rings, there are no other differences. This has no noticable effect on the speed of  channeling skillgain, while you claimed that it does.

It does have an advantage you are able to cast repeatadly without shattering. also fountain pans were the same thinking. You can just create more containers to store stuff.

4 hours ago, Wurmfarm said:

It does have an advantage you are able to cast repeatadly without shattering.

And how does that increase skillgain compared to repeatedly casting on a stack of rings? It doesn't.

If seryll rings give no advantage it won't make any difference to anyone if Devs swap the material to Adamant for example on all items on the DB, right? what's the problem then? I think we all agree that Seryll does or doesn't give and unfair advantage and people who claim it does, would be happy with such solution and people who claim it doesn't, wouldn't mind, right? Am i reading this correctly?

There is no problem. Even the devs have come and said there is no problem.

It only exists in OP's mind. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wurmfarm said:

It does have an advantage you are able to cast repeatadly without shattering. also fountain pans were the same thinking. You can just create more containers to store stuff.

fountain pans allowed you to expand lmc's well beyond their capacity, dye things you shouldn't have been able to and carry an entire wardeed worth of mats in a large cart, they were far from the same level as "you dont need to spend 30 minutes crafting on a alt for every week of grinding"

if they're the same thinking we'll have to give the players with seryll a few months notice before we remove them 😂

• Like 3