Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

Question re: hitching post animals and disease

Are hitching post animals intended to get diseased easily (from being three on a tile) or is the coding similar with wagon animals (which are 4-on-a-tile, and presumably not prone to constant disease as a result)?

Hitching posts are hard to make for low skilled players, so a bit of a pain if it turns out they lose livestock as a result of using these (which look so much nicer than keeping animal in tiny 1x1 pens all over, even though the 1x1 pens are so much easier to make...)

I currently have 3-4 diseased animals that I guess I will need to move over to 1x1 pens instead, I was hoping the hitching posts were a good solution to avoid these unsightly penned arrangements ...

I am brushing them regularly (mostly for the AH skill boost) but they still get diseased if I have them on a hitching post instead of a 1x1 pen.

It is my understanding that there is no additional disease control for wagons or posts.  With wagons, the bison or horses are often on different tiles, making disease happen less often.  However, unless you place the posts in a certain position to cover more than one tile, all the animals are indeed on one tile with no added protection.

This is not a bug, but I think it's a great suggestion.  We can have this moved to suggestions or you can repost there.  Let me know.