Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Sacrifice for Favor changes

New server changes are happening and a bigger influx of new players than ever before.  Lets make a fundamental change on how this sacrifice system works, before it is too late.

Since it has been mandated that linking can't be used to level up priests effectively, that leaves only one (current) method to level a priest - sacrifice.  If 99% dependent on this one method, then we should make a system viable and have some equality between priests.

Fo = cloth

Vyn = rope

Lib = leather butchered stuff

Mag = locks???  wtf.  Who on pve gives a flying poo about locks?  Wouldn't it make more sense to have Mag take leather and Lib take locks?  If you must have Mag do something related to mining, do some stone cutting things, like whetstones or grindstones.  Lock QL only matters on PvP, so it is a ridiculous thing to grind for a PvE player.  Another option would be lumps.  More favor for less common ore types.

PLEASE not locks.

Edited by Wurmhole

noone sais grind locks on pve. i make cordages for all of my priests. some ppl just chop veggies. that double favour crap is not worth it. oh and BTW, vyn doesnt get x2 from ropes.. its wood, aka toys.. now tell me who the hell even grinds toymaking on either pvp or pve servers? to be fair, mag is the only priest that somehow has a reasonable x2 favour items to sac to make up for it being in general not much of a use of a priest other that fixing mines. and you suggesting to take it away oh him lol. hell no -1

Libila is butchered stuff (not meat or charcoal). (Not sure about hides)

Lib or Mag taking the locks are whatever, as you can now be of Libila in PVE.

It is a bad implemented system indeed, but it has been there since forever, I doubt it would change anytime soon as I guess there are other priorities.

Also isnt Mag's double favor METAL in general? Arent there other metal items to sac, or locks are the best?

+1 tho I wont believe it will change

Edited by DonaMarlene

16 minutes ago, DonaMarlene said:

Also isnt Mag's double favor METAL in general?

It is metal. But what else can you initially craft descent QL other than locks? unless you want to make hammers and improve each of them to 80ql so sac lol

My understanding is off I see.  Lib, I completely confused with the follower bonuses of leather.  (I get confused easily!).  But yeah, locks are the only feasible item for the metal class.

It is just a mess.  Just eliminate Sac completely.  Be done with it.  Favor regen naturally at a much faster pace.  Even the playing field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

My understanding is off I see.  Lib, I completely confused with the follower bonuses of leather.  (I get confused easily!).  But yeah, locks are the only feasible item for the metal class.

It is just a mess.  Just eliminate Sac completely.  Be done with it.  Favor regen naturally at a much faster pace.  Even the playing field.

Perhaps I'm one of those angry old timers that don't like change, but I can't agree with this. In particular, I especially can't agree with increasing the natural favour regen. Not a lot in this game is balanced to begin with and this game is so long term that those who want a good priest and commit to it will get there anyway no matter what.

I am at least happy that we have no more player deities. I think that was one of the best things they could have done for this game. Some people were upset of course, but when you make such a mistake of bringing them in to begin with, people are going to get mad when their OP nacho priests aren't a thing anymore.

Edited by Yumi

Why are everyone suddenly acting like they never grinded channeling with sacing for favour in their life. Isn't it how majority of people have done it for quite a long time? I have much bigger issues with grinding chanelling than it requiring  saccing(and from someone who grinded from saccing only i can tell you it requires a lot, luckily was able to do most if it while chopped food was not crap and while wemp was option fro nahjo and lib and later on rosemary and lovage). my bigger issue is that sweetspot dificulty is pain to adjust without any visual indicator of effective difficulty, that getting drunk doesnt increase dificulty to my knowledge and again it doesnt have visual indicator to how much, most importan that coc doesnt work on statues, that rarity and ql of statues doesnt do anything.

Channeling and religion have many dumb flaws that so called overhaul didnt correct at all but requiring to sac for favour isn't one of it. I like how its tied to other skills(implementation sucks to be honest but idea is good), it gives so much complexity and would be shallow without it imo.

I always wondered why cheese isn't sac choice for some god(Fo most obvious) cuz milking and cheese making is so neglected. Ropemaking is good where it is as universal solution to all of them, although randomness in ql ropes with high skill is too harsh. Locks are okish i guess, you can even grind it as priest unlike others, butchering is another totaly different pair of boots, havent tried it yet as effective source of avour, cloth making has to much complexity and rng untill final product compared to others, and Vyn sucks most for double gain although firemaking and torches seems more prommising than toy making and yoyos

Edited by kochinac

Hang on a moment, lets just take a nice pause here and remember that levelling a priest is 99% dependent on what they can sacrifice.

So...  I need to have high farming and cloth tailoring right?  Farming I can level easily enough (everyone is on even footing there), but if I want to level cloth tailoring I'm heavily gimped while doing so (relying on creating ticks vs relying on imping ticks).

This also needs addressing, otherwise it'd be fair to point at the current system and argue it renders priests as alts.

I've never met a main priest account. They are always alts on PvE that I have seen.  When money is tight or people start going a bit afk from game, the priests are the first ones to start expiring.  For the company, alts are great business.  If a main could do it all, their revenue would tank.  Sadly.  I'd gladly pay higher subs for restrictions to be removed, allowing full function for all alts.

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

I've never met a main priest account

u own my old main priest account >.<

• Like 1

ack.. PvE that is, lol.  So much of what I say is pure pve colored glasses

Keep saccing favor values as-is, they're fine.

Instead of sacrifices giving you flat favor, have them give you a favor buff: You gain (value of favor sacrificed) over a span of 10 seconds, up to a maximum of 1 favor per second. If you sacrifice over 10 favor, you gain the value instead over the next 10 seconds, up to a maximum amount of favor equal to 5x (or 10x?) your faith.

So at 30 faith, you can sacrifice up to 150 favor's worth of items, and you'll get 10 favor every 10 seconds for 150 seconds.

This lets you sacrifice a larger amount of items all at once and then keep casting your high-cost spells in a row, but if you slow down on casting you'll waste the favor gain. It also maintains sacrificing items for channel links (making it better even), and keeps the current sacrifice values in-tact, just making it somewhat easier to sacrifice spam. 

As-is, the reason sacrifice sucks is because you have a 30 second timer between spell casts; this would mean you can get a bundle of spell casts before you need to sacrifice again.

11 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

ack.. PvE that is, lol.  So much of what I say is pure pve colored glasses

Doesn't matter. I know a few people who have mains as priests or have had mains as priests. I plan to only play 1, maybe 2 priests on Harmony without a regular character and I know others doing the same. It's a thing.

Edited by Yumi