Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 11/AUG/20

another thing to keep in mind is that this change makes having enemy kingdom priest alts super easy compared to now, where currently you'd have to run a proxy, run your alt from enemy kingdom down to yours without dying (and redo this every time someone dunks your alt for being enemy kingdom and not knowing), getting favor to it to grind in an off deed cave or whatever where people can bust in and steal it, all that stuff, now you just grind your enemy kingdom priest on freedom in a sermon circle and port it over whenever you want a cast. more barriers removed in the cancer that is abusing enemy kingdom accounts

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

more barriers removed in the cancer that is abusing enemy kingdom accounts

Or they could just allow PMK's.  Very surprised they didn't.

Please note. We're aware that the alignment change is not fully functional yet. If a sermon causes you to lose your faith please submit a support ticket and a GM will rectify the situation!

We expect the matter to be fixed in tomorrow's update 

15 hours ago, Wargasm said:

For all the people whining about the loss of dual faith @Threap @Xallo, you don't actually think they're going to let you double dip your channeling priest for multiple diety enchants, do you?  LT + BoTD, CoC + Strongwall, the list goes on.

It's a necessary change.  It sucks that they didn't have the foresight to make that decision before launch, and I DO sympathise with the BL's who chose to go BL.... but... what do you expect when decisions are made every time the wind changes?

Xallo covered most of it, for years I have hated the fact you have to be a priest to pvp, yet you cant build your character body stats and cant craft as a priest. This feature is one of the main reasons I returned and started playing the new servers, finally I could be a priest in pvp and still build my skills and craft on the pve server. I also made alts and started working on them based on his feature for example my pvp server crafter is also my fo priest on pve, if this changes goes in I will have to rethink my alts and basicly start over.

if this feature was never put in place then having linked faith is fine, as people could have planned accordingly but it has too big of an impact to change a month or into release and I still dont even see a valid reason to why this is getting changed, you cant take items between pve and pvp so having two faiths doesnt matter. 

If you are pro linking faith please post here explaining why, as far as I can see I dont see any valid reason for the change unless there is some bug people are abusing that cant be fixed a better way.

i made a sugetion post to track this as I feel strongly on this subject and is lost in this thread which is mostly about channeling changes.

3 hours ago, Threap said:

If you are pro linking faith please post here explaining why, as far as I can see I dont see any valid reason for the change unless there is some bug people are abusing that cant be fixed a better way.

Well, there's a few minor points, but they certainly don't outweigh how BL kingdom members are pigeon-holed into being Libila, even as a follower...

1.  Linking increases the difficulty of spells.  This gives us a little bit of a sliding scale of difficulty for channeling spells with certain difficulties, kinda like optimizing your pickaxe QL for mining copper, lead, gold etc at various skill levels.

2.  Again... a *minor* advantage here.... since your skills transfer and your diety wouldnt, would allow easier channeling grinding with a broader selection of spells to choose from to skill.

As for the necessity of being a priest for PvP, I disagree.  That is the dev's choice (negligence seems a more appropriate word) to continue validating the necessity by a continued lack of balance and fixing what isn't broken.

The skillgain nerf to linking has put a massive gap between those who used it and those who didn't.

It will now take newer players even longer to catch up. It needs to be removed or channeling skillgain increased.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rudie said:

It needs to be removed or channeling skillgain increased.

Or they could simply reset the skill of those who used it.  Happened with archery already...

It wasn't an exploit so I don't understand why you're saying it should be reset?

The exploit was clearly stated as links not being properly broken when moving out of the 4 tile range. I'm all for people who abused that being reset, hell even banned.

Edited by Rudie

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Or they could simply reset the skill of those who used it.  Happened with archery already...

The skill gain for channeling, by using the max legit links allowed, was way faster than the skill gain you can achieve with channeling now. So people who managed to pull ahead, using only legit means before the changes, have been given a massive advantage over everybody else. One of those good old windows of opportunity on a brand new cluster. The devs had the chance to prevent that sort of stuff this time around, but instead they've caused another through their own choices.

So Rudie is spot on,  something needs to be done about this, and a reset doesn't make sense for those who didn't abuse the exploit.

Why don't go "early access" or beta or something, and tweak, change and mess around stuff, there's no shame in that

On 8/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, DevBlog said:

In addition to these changes, starting Monday, August 24th faith and deity will transfer between Northern Freedom PvE and Defiance. If you are a priest on both sides, the deity with the highest faith will take priority.

If you are in the HOTS kingdom your deity will be swapped to Libila.

I am a priest of libilа  in harmony, today I moved to the defiance, and I have one unit of faith, is that how it should be? I just realized that faith will be transferred to another server?

On 8/12/2020 at 11:51 AM, Keenan said:

There are no 90 skills on Harmony yet. I checked.

We identified the issue and it will be fixed (for real this time) in the next patch.

Did this make BL sermons share timers with WL sermons? 

Sign in to follow this