Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 11/AUG/20

18 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

I know person on Harmony who did it few weeks ago, and what next you gonna tell me? 

carpentry actually yeasy skill, but hardests skills in this game you can lvl to 70 as many people did already, but now you guys gonna tell us that we cant do the same with our channaling skill even if we payed alot money for this game, we throw them in to trash before this changes... After this changes it will take ages to level our channaling, i not compare it with meditation or lockpicking, i talking about hardest skills like ship building, weapon smithing, fine carpentry, we still able to level them fast to 70-90 if we pay money, but channaling we cant for some reasone because you decided to call it abuse and exploit... You just killing priests and rob us for money we spend already to level them. Why leveling other skills to 70-90 for first two weeks this is normal, but do the same with priests thats not normal and this is abuse for some reasone which we used for years and you dont care about it, but now you care... hypocrisy. remove sleep powder from the game, no many people able to pay for 100 sleep powders in order to lvl their skills...

Edited by Nelsy

we still can lvl our alt prists to 100 faith and use 2 links, spend favor then change to other two links, all you did thats made game harder for fair gamers and who smart and can pay more will still be better alot than others, you cant fix it! Just turn this changes back, and let people play how they love to play, and if you want implement somehting like huge game changes made it on next huge release and let ppl know about it before they pay you.. that what i call middle ground solution, which is actually compromise!

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

we still can lvl our alt prists to 100 faith and use 2 links, spend favor then change to other two links, all you did thats made game harder for fair gamers and who smart and can pay more will still be better alot than others, you cant fix it! Just turn this changes back, and let people play how they love to play, and if you want implement somehting like huge game changes made it on next huge release and let ppl know about it before they pay you.. that what i call midlle ground solution!

This is a very good point, with enough monitor space you can easily juggle links like that.

To be honest I'd love to see linking scrapped and favor/channeling reworked to compensate for that. The entire system is a mess and really doesn't add anything to the game, and then I haven't even mentioned the global spell journal requirement (ugh).

Edited by Ecrir

8 hours ago, Threap said:

@DarklordsCan you please explain why faith\god is now going to be shared on pve and pvp? This seems to have nothing to do with channeling. Which the majority of this post is talking about. One of the main draws back to play the new servers for me was the fact I could finally be a priest in pvp and still grind and craft on pve.

Please clarify this before the August 24th patch. It feels like a complete reversal from one of the main advertised reasons I decided to give the new servers a whirl, especially as HoTS on Defiance. It feels like I no longer have a choice as to which kingdom I should play on Defiance if I want to remain Vynora on the PvE side of the cluster. This patch note from July 24th clarified for me that Faith (as well as meditation and items) would remain separated, so I'm confused as to why a solution keeping this intact has not been explored, or if it has, why it isn't being implemented to ensure the reversal of, in my opinion one of the major benefits to the new cluster, is not done.

As others have said before, will GM's be ready to assist in converting people / restoring faiths on PvE? I have no desire to travel or seek out conversion to another kingdom just to ensure I remain Vynora on PvE. What should I do in this particular situation?

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Xallo said:

Please clarify this before the August 24th patch. It feels like a complete reversal from one of the main advertised reasons I decided to give the new servers a whirl, especially as HoTS on Defiance. It feels like I no longer have a choice as to which kingdom I should play on Defiance if I want to remain Vynora on the PvE side of the cluster. This patch note from July 24th clarified for me that Faith (as well as meditation and items) would remain separated, so I'm confused as to why a solution keeping this intact has not been explored, or if it has, why it isn't being implemented to ensure the reversal of, in my opinion, one of the major benefits to the new cluster is not done.

As others have said before, will GM's be ready to assist in converting people / restoring faiths on PvE? I have no desire to travel or seek out conversion to another kingdom just to ensure I remain Vynora on PvE. What should I do in this particular situation?

I want to transfer my faith and priesthood from Defiance to Harmony, but it doesn't work as it should according to patch notes. So when i teleport to pve, i still there vynora follower..

3 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

I want to transfer my faith and priesthood from Defiance to Harmony, but it doesn't work as it should according to patch notes. So when i teleport to pve, i still there vynora follower..

The change is going to be implemented on the 24th, so it doesn't currently transfer yet. On the 24th the deity with the highest faith will take precedence over the other, with the exception of Libila being forced due to its negative alignment / attachment to HoTS. This is the issue that I believe a lot of people have a problem with.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

I know person on Harmony who did it few weeks ago, and what next you gonna tell me? 

We can all tell stories.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xallo said:

The change is going to be implemented on the 24th, so it doesn't currently transfer yet. On the 24th the deity with the highest faith will take precedence over the other, with the exception of Libila being forced due to its negative alignment / attachment to HoTS. This is the issue that I believe a lot of people have a problem with.

Yes, i have FO alt priest 30 faith on pve and libila alt priest 43faith on pvp, will i get libila priest on pve, right?

Edited by Nelsy

but i dont think this is a big issue to determine and transfer not only faith and priesthood, but alignment too, so will be no problem with it

2 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

Yes, i have FO alt priest 30 faith on pve and libila alt priest 43faith on pvp, will i get libila priest on pve, right?

If the account is the same, you will be a Libila priest on both servers with 43 faith, and they will no longer be separated between clusters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

We can all tell stories.

Man i can told you his nickanme and you can buys stuff from him xD

2 hours ago, steamedlunch said:

On a side note. I branded my horse on defiance, and I can't equip and unequip horse gear. Is this a bug or intentional?

On pvp you have to tame it to equip, brand doesn't do anything on pvp

Change: To avoid losing faith, sermons will no longer cause alignment to go the opposite way of your deity’s alignment

we tested this last night and lib priest gave a sermon and we all lost faith.

6 minutes ago, Milso said:

Change: To avoid losing faith, sermons will no longer cause alignment to go the opposite way of your deity’s alignment

I think better rework sermon to determine which religion and manage alignment properly, this is better than rework alignment, because in this case you have to rework everything which reffers to alignment

Edited by Nelsy

3 hours ago, Nelsy said:

There are no 90 skills on Harmony yet. I checked.

29 minutes ago, Milso said:

We identified the issue and it will be fixed (for real this time) in the next patch.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Keenan said:

There are no 90 skills on Harmony yet. I checked.

We identified the issue and it will be fixed (for real this time) in the next patch.

Check ******(edited by request from this person), he moved to Melody 

Edited by Nelsy

Just now, Nelsy said:

Check Elwoode, he moved to Melody 

There are no 90 skills on Melody either. :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Well then i got it wrong, but there is people who got 70+ skills, as i am, my nickname Nelse

So why channaling should be differend

Edited by Nelsy
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

Yeah, you guys can kidding on me, because i got wrong once, but this is doesnt change whole background, there is alot of people who got 70+ so far. Long time ago i was desinformated about one thing by my mistake, i cant check it as you can, but there is still examples who leveled fast as hell, and you cant tell me we got not alot of people with 70 skill. But now we have no chance to lvl fast enough our channaling skill, not even close to possibility it was before. These two liks with minimum 20 favor provide us really tiny-tiny boost which we can compare only with totaly cut off. So for example i leveled my channaling today only from 47.0 to 47.57 with sleep bonus, i spend on it whole day.. maybe if i focus on it more if i was not upset that much ill get little higher results, but this is still nothing for such amount of time and this is not funny at all, because i payed for theses accounts, for stategy that was totally known and legit for years but now my investments become uselesess just in one moment for miracle purpose "not many people able to pay for this"... As i told, not many people able to pay for sleep powder, and what we gonna do now with this? These is too compex to change so far after new start.

Edited by Nelsy

Carpentry is a very basic skill that is a huge part of Wurm.

Channeling and other priest skills are things that give you mid-late endgame abilities, enchantments, etc etc.

Niche, endgame skills (priestdom, meditation, sorcery stuff) should be harder to level than basic skills that almost everyone will use at some point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nelsy said:

Yeah, you guys can kidding on me, because i got wrong once, but this is doesnt change whole background, there is alot of people who got 70+ so far. Long time ago i was desinformated about one thing by my mistake, i cant check it as you can, but there is still examples who leveled fast as hell, and you cant tell me we got not alot of people with 70 skill. But now we have no chance to lvl fast enough our channaling skill, not even close to possibility it was before. These two liks with minimum 20 favor provide us really tiny-tiny boost which we can compare only with totaly cut off. So for example i leveled my channaling today only from 47.0 to 47.57 with sleep bonus, i spend on it whole day.. maybe if i focus on it more if i was not upset that much ill get little higher results, but this is still nothing for such amount of time and this is not funny at all, because i payed for theses accounts, for stategy that was totally known and legit for years but now my investments become uselesess just in one moment for miracle purpose "not many people able to pay for this"... As i told, not many people able to pay for sleep powder, and what we gonna do now with this? These is too compex to change so far after new start.

70 is not the same as 90. Skillgain is not linear. The different from 50-70 than from 70-90 is huge. Can someone have70? Yes, possibly. 90? No way.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:02 AM, DevBlog said:

• Change: To avoid losing faith, sermons will no longer cause alignment to go the opposite way of your deity’s alignment.

please unfix this, its very broken.... libila priests cause whitelighters to lose alignment, but doesnt get any for itself and libila followers listening to whitelight sermons still lose alignment (lose negative alignment or gain alignemnt w/e you wanna call it) very bad for them...

Edited by Evilreaper

23 hours ago, Evilreaper said:

please unfix this, its very broken.... libila priests cause whitelighters to lose alignment, but doesnt get any for itself and libila followers listening to whitelight sermons still lose alignment (lose negative alignment or gain alignemnt w/e you wanna call it) very bad for them...

So you mean...

WL followers that listen to WL sermons dont get any alignment changes

WL followers that listen to Libila sermons get negative alignment

Libila followers that listen to WL sermons get positive alignment

Libila followers that listen to BL sermons get negative alignment

And what you want is

WL followers that listen to WL sermons  get positive alignemnt

WL followers that listen to Libila sermons get negative alignment

Libila followers that listen to WL sermons get positive alignment

Libila followers that listen to BL sermons get negative alignment

Just so I'm sure I'm reading this correctly.

For all the people whining about the loss of dual faith @Threap @Xallo, you don't actually think they're going to let you double dip your channeling priest for multiple diety enchants, do you?  LT + BoTD, CoC + Strongwall, the list goes on.

It's a necessary change.  It sucks that they didn't have the foresight to make that decision before launch, and I DO sympathise with the BL's who chose to go BL.... but... what do you expect when decisions are made every time the wind changes?

11 hours ago, Wargasm said:

For all the people whining about the loss of dual faith @Threap @Xallo, you don't actually think they're going to let you double dip your channeling priest for multiple diety enchants, do you?  LT + BoTD, CoC + Strongwall, the list goes on.

It's a necessary change.  It sucks that they didn't have the foresight to make that decision before launch, and I DO sympathise with the BL's who chose to go BL.... but... what do you expect when decisions are made every time the wind changes?

That's not really an argument against the suggestion as you cannot bring items back and forth between the PvE and PvP clusters. It wouldn't matter what I could do on Harmony versus what I could do on Defiance because of the nature in which they are separated. Channeling skill is already tied between the clusters, so it's not as if it's a skill related thing either. The only thing this change does is harm those who wanted to play as priest on PvP, with all of its bonuses and benefits, while at the same time being able to play as a crafter on PvE.

This is actually a very big part of the reason I found the new cluster so intriguing, and I'm certain I'm not the only one with that same feeling. There's plenty of people who play as a priest currently on PvP who also put down a chunk of change to have their crafting/fun PvE deeds on Harmony/Melody without requiring an alt to maintain the deed and craft needed items. Now they must make a choice whether to lose their PvP bonuses, disband their deed, or create a secondary account for PvE.

Also, as you know, it is a huge nerf to anybody in HoTS as even simply a follower who had no plans on priesting on PvP cannot play on PvE and get the skill bonuses that other kingdoms can. If this change must go through, I would certainly hope that skill gain bonuses for all deities get looked into so that they are a bit more balanced across the board in general.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 4

Sign in to follow this