Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 11/AUG/20

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

• Change: Instead of reducing favor regeneration, linking now reduces Channeling skillgain depending on the number of links.
    • For up to two links there is no skillgain penalty.
    • For more than two additional linked characters, the penalty is 15% less skillgain for each linked character. The penalty is capped up to 90% less skillgain.
  • We’ll be monitoring the situation and further changes may be considered based on balance and feedback.

So...  Essentially you've nerfed linking into the ground.  Looks to me like business as usual; shaft priests hard.  This is why people react so strongly, because such changes have rarely, if ever, made things better.  Notice, the main issue of the 20 favor threshold is still in place?  Magical how that didn't disappear right?  What is the argument "oh it slows down casting"; great, good luck with that!

I was planning to re-preme at the end of this week but I don't think I'll bother for now.  If this action is any indiction, "further changes" is far too ominous to even consider playing wurm as a priest for a while.

• Like 7

I agree.  If this is their final answer on priesting, the hell with it.  Seriously isn't any point.  Nothing fun about trying to level a priest to usable function.  It is literally more work than my job was, before I retired.  The server is just going to turn into massive farms now.  The primary purpose of food in this game is sacrifice.  Who thinks of these mechanics?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loggy said:

Did you punish those who exploited?

I dont think it is an exploit. It was how the system worked, they just pushed it to the limits, and now the staff realized that a change is needed.

I dont think it is against the rules to push game mechanics to the limits, it is unfortunate tho

Edited by DonaMarlene
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Threap said:

The change to copy faith between servers is pretty stupid, being able to be a.priest on pvp and being able to still grind you body stats on pve is the main reason I started playing again as it's mandatory to be a preist to pvp yet you can't advance your character at all. I also purchased premium on other accounts to be a crafter on pvp and a vyn on pve. Changing this after launch is one of the dumbest thing I have seen from wurm staff you are going to lose a ton of players due to this

I will take a refund for the 4 accounts I premed and planned to play based on this feature if it goes live

• Like 3

Question to the priests over there:

1. Arent 2 batteries enough?

2. How many batteries you guys have?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Threap said:

The change to copy faith between servers is pretty stupid, being able to be a.priest on pvp and being able to still grind you body stats on pve is the main reason I started playing again as it's mandatory to be a preist to pvp yet you can't advance your character at all. I also purchased premium on other accounts to be a crafter on pvp and a vyn on pve. Changing this after launch is one of the dumbest thing I have seen from wurm staff you are going to lose a ton of players due to this

Why don't you just remove the preist crafting restrictions entirely on pvp, if you are not going to let us be priest on pvp and non priest on pve. I see no value in this restriction today, practically nobody chooses to be a preist on their main other than on pvp

So archery was roll back to 45 after 1 day of use*exploit* 1 day.
Where roll back channeling????

Edited by Goremor
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, DonaMarlene said:

I dont think it is an exploit. It was how the system worked, they just pushed it to the limits, and now the staff realized that a change is needed.

I dont think it is against the rules to push game mechanics to the limits, it is unfortunate tho

They have repeatedly said there was an exploit that went way beyond the intended linking mechanics.  Regardless of how this all went down, there are those that have the advantage and devs refuse to answer if there will be any adjustments to that advantage.  Congrats to those that get ahead.  I wish I were one of them.

2 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

They have repeatedly said there was an exploit that went way beyond the intended linking mechanics.  Regardless of how this all went down, there are those that have the advantage and devs refuse to answer if there will be any adjustments to that advantage.  Congrats to those that get ahead.  I wish I were one of them.

Oh thats my bad then, thats really unfortunate

• Like 1

also remember to add the skill gain nerf to all other skills if more than 2 people has touched an item being used.

Edited by Orlaz

honestly sick of the people whining for refunds, you guys are literally paying to win at the pvp.  You should understand that the reason priests are so limited is because of their power in PvP, as well as the usefulness if not outright necessity of enchants.

Could society be improved somewhat?  Sure.  Always.  Make the priest limitations less miserable, IN WAYS THAT DO NOT REQUIRE YOU TO JUST SPEND MORE MONEY.  Is crying that your bullcrap way of getting around the limitations that the devs put on the priests FOR GOOD REASON, being that your way of doing so is just THROWING MONEY AT THE """"PROBLEM"""" got nerfed, AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN, correct though?  Not really. 

Shut up and/or put up.  Offer constructive solutions to the problem or get out. Passive-aggressively crying refund helps nobody, and I pray that you do not get one, since you are intent on acting like petulant children who got ahold of daddy's credit card.

Edited by Branson
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Branson said:

outright necessity of enchants.

Quick note here; never played PvP or had more than one character premium at a time.  I only have a vault alt because I might as well save on decay.

So, no enchant is necessary.  None of them.  All of them simply make life easier for the person using them, but one can play the entirity of wurm without  single enchant.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Branson said:

honestly sick of the people whining for refunds, you guys are literally paying to win at the pvp.  You should understand that the reason priests are so limited is because of their power in PvP, as well as the usefulness if not outright necessity of enchants.

Could society be improved somewhat?  Sure.  Always.  Make the priest limitations less miserable, IN WAYS THAT DO NOT REQUIRE YOU TO JUST SPEND MORE MONEY.  Is crying that your bullcrap way of getting around the limitations that the devs put on the priests FOR GOOD REASON, being that your way of doing so is just THROWING MONEY AT THE """"PROBLEM"""" got nerfed, AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN, correct though?  Not really. 

Shut up and/or put up.  Offer constructive solutions to the problem or get out. Passive-aggressively crying refund helps nobody, and I pray that you do not get one, since you are intent on acting like petulant children who got ahold of daddy's credit card.

Good lord you definitely left out the passive part of aggressive.

That said you made the point for why so many people are riled up.

Priest are pretty much mandatory. But due to the limits you have to have two premium accounts. So is having a crafter and a priest toon now paying to win just as much as multi priest for channel grinding? 

There is a fundamental core game system that is a problem. But one not likely to be fixed as it would destroy the bottom line. I dunno what the answer is but making things less enjoyable isnt the answer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: To avoid losing faith, sermons will no longer cause alignment to go the opposite way of your deity’s alignment.

WOOO!

Best change ever for Lib priests! TY ❤️

• Like 2

Just on what others are saying you aren’t paying to 'win at pvp', this game is built around it and could be argued that the devs are trying to get people to buy extra accounts. Especially when the idea is to keep up with everyone to be competitive. Sure, people will say then work with people but who? Most groups are already established and others are just toxic. In the end, I personally was not demanding a refund....you can't but really trying to get conversation or something at least. What are my options really? Leave PVP? I guess, but I re-joined to be able to play in Wurm PVP that was not yet established? There is a ton of rage but nothing from dev team, lack of communication is the cause of this as speculation breeds discontent and debates between those who play the game in one-way vs another.

Edited by Lairdjoker

So as I said, you are paying for multiple accounts rather than working with others, etc etc, to gain an advantage. (In this case, buying alts to make the priest grind easier.)  That is pay to win.  Alts are obviously going to be a thing, and that's all fine and dandy, but as someone else said earlier, priestdom is the only skillgrind that you can directly use alts to help grind faster.

55 minutes ago, Eleraan said:

So is having a crafter and a priest toon now paying to win just as much as multi priest for channel grinding? 

Not as much.  I'd say you aren't paying to win so much as paying to play at that point.  Priest restrictions such as no gathering actions etc are "dumb" IMO but not nearly as bad as "lets just spend a hundred bucks to make this grind 10,20,30x faster because I have lots of disposable income lol"

Quick note here; never played PvP or had more than one character premium at a time.  I only have a vault alt because I might as well save on decay.

So, no enchant is necessary.  None of them.  All of them simply make life easier for the person using them, but one can play the entirity of wurm without  single enchant.

You are correct, but that correctness is exactly why this is such an issue for PvP.  in PvE servers you aren't directly competing against anyone (except in economy for money, I suppose, but that isn't necessary to enjoy the game.)  in PvP, it really sucks if someone who's done all this alt grinding to gain an advantage over you (and everyone else) decides to then use their power to absolutely flatten people in PvP, and destroy or steal your belongings and hard work.

Enchants are _necessary_ for the enjoyment of PvP.  Having an unenchanted weapon is like bringing a knife to a gunfight.  Not having enchanted crafting equipment means you are in danger of falling behind people who do.  Falling behind means you have a higher chance of dying in combat, dying in combat means gear loss, dying when your deed is being raided means you lose buildings, gear, silver, possibly the whole deed.  Wanton spending of money on alts like this has a huge ripple effect that can damage the entire PvP ecosystem.

The current change was completely justified.  Specifics need to be worked out.  The grind clearly needs to be looked at again.

Edited by Branson

No, I work with others but the restrictions put in place mean that I need to have multiple accounts in order to compete. It is part of the game as per design, not an exploit and most likely paid a large amount towards the steam release as so many on the older servers ran multiple accounts. I am all for people getting in bother who exploit but I am not for equality of outcome. Everyone had the same opportunity previously to have alts if they wanted them. Some people want to play casual and that is fine but others will want to put in time/money to enjoy the game and have done for years. Punishing them now after spending money is not a good model. Would be like buying a car knowing it had four wheels then them telling you after driving it that they were taking one back…you would be annoyed. Perhaps the answer is to keep these new rules to these lands and allow others to transfer back to the older system on older clusters. Either way they need to be careful as steam users are a fickle bunch and the next game will be out soon, after that all you will have to fall back on is the users that you had previously a lot of whom have been posting in these topics.

7 hours ago, Nelsy said:

This is rough calculations but they show how hard this nerf are, because actually if we count all factors we will see how huge nerf here, and you dont want now use more than 2 links because it will only slow you down, this is nothing about balance they told they plan to do. so i got now many useless paid for nothing accounts.. nice

Having more than three accounts is maybe your problem from the start, you talk about balance but you're considering it for four account and over, isn't it a bit ridiculous to pay for all those characters in the first place? Nobody forced you to massive grind, and those skills aren't supposed to be as fast as other ones, it is supposed to go as fast as meditation, wich was clearly not the case especially when hearing you out 😕

Sermon change seems nice.

As for the linking, I personally have never been able to run multiple priest alts to take advantage, which probably represents a significant portion of the playerbase. For PvE this seems to only affect people hoping to dominate the enchant market by throwing real money at it. 

• Like 2

IMO this is reasonable, but should have been done at the start of the server.  It was independent from the # of link issues.

Now those who went out and spent big on batteries early got the benefit they had cemented in place.

• Like 1

I feel like so far only the ones that wanted to benefit the most from the exploit or were benefitting from it are the ones complaining about this patch, while everybody else rejoyce, but with a deep thought about those that used the exploit to their advantage.

The feeling that it come way late into the release is making everyone loud about it too, but the changes are starting to separate those that intended to exploit from those that didn't want those exploit to happen, and it was the purpose of the last patch, wich say to me they listened and monitored the changes and are really working on this matter, even if it's a little late.

For now, the fairest point that remain to point out is : Will anything be done toward those who intentionnaly grieffed and are currently benefiting from it, and in wich way this should be dealt with to prevent side-effect such has economic impact by locking away silver they gathered for exemple in case of a ban.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lairdjoker said:

No, I work with others but the restrictions put in place mean that I need to have multiple accounts in order to compete. It is part of the game as per design, not an exploit and most likely paid a large amount towards the steam release as so many on the older servers ran multiple accounts. I am all for people getting in bother who exploit but I am not for equality of outcome. Everyone had the same opportunity previously to have alts if they wanted them. Some people want to play casual and that is fine but others will want to put in time/money to enjoy the game and have done for years. Punishing them now after spending money is not a good model. Would be like buying a car knowing it had four wheels then them telling you after driving it that they were taking one back…you would be annoyed. Perhaps the answer is to keep these new rules to these lands and allow others to transfer back to the older system on older clusters. Either way they need to be careful as steam users are a fickle bunch and the next game will be out soon, after that all you will have to fall back on is the users that you had previously a lot of whom have been posting in these topics.

It shouldn't be this way.  It should never have been this way.  The only reason that it was something that wasn't brought up is because wurm was such a niche game that barely anybody knows about.  If Wurm was a bigger release, CC would be getting nailed to a cross over something like this.

You didn't pay for a car with four wheels and have one taken away.  You paid for a car with four wheels, then you paid for ten MORE cars with four wheels.  And now you're trying to justify driving all of them at once. Now you're getting mad that the police are pulling you over for driving all ten of your cars at the same time on the highway and being detrimental to everyone else trying to use the highway, and you can't even comprehend what's wrong with that.

Edited by Branson
  • Like 2

Yet they still cant fix mobs roaming north after 10 or so years

Guess I planted a deed on freedom to vacation from pvp to be a libila priest again. Looks like this deed wont be improving much.

Edited by Melros

6 hours ago, Threap said:

I will take a refund for the 4 accounts I premed and planned to play based on this feature if it goes live

I agree, this is one hell of a shady change. What makes it more egregious is the fact this was discussed extensively prior to launch and it was decided that both faith and fight skill would not carry over. Yet for some unknown reason staff changed their minds overnight. Why? We are already invested. I for one am HotS on Defiance and not a priest, but a Fo priest on Harmony. Why am I now being made a Libila priest on both servers? So basically if I want to continue to be Fo, I need to leave my kingdom? Who the hell thinks of this stuff? 

Its a little late to change your mind on this post launch. Is not like this is an exploit of some kind. This was discussed and decided well in advance. Its actually the lure of a lot of people to the new servers. Why?

@Darklords

lol as much as I love you using my analogy back at me as I was not fully committed to it as an example, it’s not was I was getting at. If this was a bug I was complaining about then fair enough, unfair advantage and such. But it’s not, it was a game mechanic. Now people can argue that it was wrong but it has been there longer than most have been playing so my issue is with moving of the goal posts after the fact people have spent the cash with no consultation or even talk with community. In the end I guess it doesn't matter. I have seen countless bugs reported on here going back that have had no acknowledgement. Perhaps I should be raising in game support as that have always been great. Moreover, its clear that amount of back and forth on here will not achieve anything as it is just forum PVP (least it’s balanced) so I will now disappear back into my mob-less forest, people will decide in time when their prem runs out so we will see what happens in Oct.

Sign in to follow this