Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 11/AUG/20

Something stays unclear for me - if I'm a priest on Defiance I can still depriest on NFI and stay a priest over there? I mean what happens if my faith drops on one side?

If I'm not a priest on NFI but have high faith on the other will I automatically get the option to priest up on NFI without going through followership and continue as a priest with the same capabilities as over there?

Edited by Jaz

lol no roll back or bans? Peace out should of never gave you guys a second chance.

Edited by AceRifle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

lol no roll back or bans? Peace out should of never gave you guys a second chance.

this is what im thinking

5 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

I don't think that bans or punishments would be mentioned "directly" in the patch notes... i guess, let's wait and see?

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

there was no exloits, that why no bans, this is just word to reffer when you going to make stupid move like rework linking system on midlway of new launch

Edited by Nelsy
  • Like 1

From Discord:

Shorter sacrifice timer (maybe put sacrifice in submenu to help reduce accidents)

CoC on statuettes

both would help reduce the awful grinding with 1-3 characters. 

Also, some other option besides vessel for higher levels would be nice. 

Edited by LionIX

Ok, so we arn't a big caster heavy group. There are only two priest in my village. Both are alts and of diff religions. For the 100 favor spells such as LT we originally planned to temp priest our follower mains and make days just for casting these. Our highest faith priest is just in the 80s so we could start doing this. Now we have to grind another 10 faith?  Weve been filling gems and just capped our new villages enchanting bonus to get, pardon my language, ###### on.

We have never used linking to grind channeling so the skill pen doesn't affect us particularly. But this part does. Though Ive followed this change Ive not said anything until I saw your "fix" to avoid a knee jerk reaction to what Im starting to feel was your own knee jerk solution. 

But Im really disappointed in this outcome.  The reduced skill gains I can understand mostly but not the 10 to 20 favor change.

I doubt my opinion means much but again I do not believe this is a positive or truly beneficial change.

• Like 1

It was brought up by devs as a reasoning on the nerf that it was exploited. Period.

• Like 1

"While investigating this exploit, we discussed how linking many priests allows limitless favour, meaning that by merely purchasing many premium accounts, you can bypass the entire mechanic that balanced channelling skill gain and enchanting."
Those who have a lot of time for Wurm can gain higher skills. - That's why, based on the quote above, you should limit the time one can spend in the game to 2 hours/day.
Those who have a lot of money can buy sleep powder and can gain higher skills with those. - Similarly, I think you should eliminate sleep powder.

"In addition to these changes, starting Monday, August 24th faith and deity will transfer between Northern Freedom PvE and Defiance. If you are a priest on both sides, the deity with the highest faith will take priority."  Why???
Maybe I would want to play on different servers with same alt and grind different skills. If that were the case I would pay for deeds on different servers. If that were not so, then I wouldn't do so.

Just now, Jaz said:

It was brought up by devs as a reasoning on the nerf that it was exploited. Period.

the problem is that it wasn't; there was some extremely awful miscommunication going on (wow what's new); i don't think many people actually abused the bug that let you gain more links than you were supposed to- but the devs didn't like that many people were "abusing" that you could have multiple links, even in the intended limit, that would allow you to spam spells infinitely. that's what they disliked more than anything else

8 minutes ago, RainRain said:

can you people stop crying about bogeymans yet, if you're so absolutely certain someone abused an exploit to achieve infinite channel skill, then get their name and report them to the dev directly

Lol, actually devs here reffer that they seen exploits that people use/abuse, and reffer to this, like "that why we change linking system". This is totally lie, there was no exploits, that why they didnt ban anyone. People just gonna leave this game bacause of such stupid moves they repeat again and again every year...

Edited by Nelsy

1 minute ago, RainRain said:

the problem is that it wasn't; there was some extremely awful miscommunication going on (wow what's new); i don't think many people actually abused the bug that let you gain more links than you were supposed to- but the devs didn't like that many people were "abusing" that you could have multiple links, even in the intended limit, that would allow you to spam spells infinitely. that's what they disliked more than anything else

Its been like this for years.. and now after some people decided to focus their playtime around this with multi accounts they take a ###### all over us after taking our money.

They trying to act like we playing their game in beta test mode, when you change gameplay turn like 180 degree and do it rougly and careless, they dont care what people like in this game, they just change it to way only they like..

And now we will see whant will happen with my FO priest 30 faith on PVE when on PVP i Libila priest, that was so obvious to let people transfeir their duity and faith, but they as i told do only they like to do and when people leave they trying to roll back they decisions when too late...

1 minute ago, Nelsy said:

And now we will see whant will happen with my FO priest 30 faith on PVE when on PVP i Libila priest, that was so obvious to let people transfeir their duity and faith, but they as i told do only they like to do and when people leave they trying to roll back they decisions when too late...

and nothing happened, this is just doesnt work..

Edited by Nelsy

Dammit, just eliminate any linking at this point and be done with it.  Why introduce a ton of limitations on linking to make it so complicated and unusable????????  Just eliminate it.  Now make solo priests more viable for gaining skill solo, by having their favor regen faster and do away with saccing.  You want an even playing field?  Server fairness?  Simply remove all the factors that let a priest gain skill faster.

Think about it for a moment...

Can 3, 8, 20 miners work together to make one of them hit 99 skill faster?  No.

Can multiple players work together to help a priest raise channel?  YES.  Linking still helps (barely!!) and 50000 players can work together to farm/craft up sac materials.

So, take Saccing for favor OUT of the game, take linking OUT of the game.  Increase favor regen and probably channel skill gains.

This current fix of a fix is not going to make many people happy at all.  Horribly unimpressed with this decision.

• Like 2

I dont want pay you to beta test your game, you cant fix bufs, gears glich on using teleport, but you touching and ruin importan mechanic in this game... i have no more words, you just killed my feelings to this game i enter there and fill like nothing "what i am doing here, what a hell".

28 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

You realize that anyone that abused the exploit is probably banned or dealt with already, meaning that the other people were just using channeling and linking normally. Like they've been doing for years.

If you're complaining that people with channeling above a certain value aren't banned, then that's a different problem. It isn't an exploit to have an optimal way to grind, and if you think it is, I suppose you'll be calling for the heads of people that imp needles to raise blacksmithing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sovos said:

You realize that anyone that abused the exploit is probably banned or dealt with already, meaning that the other people were just using channeling and linking normally. Like they've been doing for years.

If you're complaining that people with channeling above a certain value aren't banned, then that's a different problem. It isn't an exploit to have an optimal way to grind, and if you think it is, I suppose you'll be calling for the heads of people that imp needles to raise blacksmithing.

Are they banned?  Because there isn't anything listed in the forum specifically designed to bring attention to banned people:  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/356-the-gallows/

Are they "dealt with" already?  Seeing as every other time the devs have openly stated they are rolling back a skill when they do, I don't think they have been "dealt with" at all.

the gallows is only for the worst of the worst if you read the first post in there you wont read any posts about how joe blow macro'd once a weekend or abused a bug once or whatever

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 4

Can we get more information in regards to if there will be the option for refunds? We never fully got to the point of linking but it sounds to me that this system is not going to be in a decent place anytime soon with all the experienced players kicking off. Although I do see the issue it is not like devs should have been unaware of a mechanic that has been in the game for so long and should have been addressed at launch. Instead we have a fully unbalanced pvp server now, priests, sleep bonus bugs and mob migration. As a returning player over the years I really want this game to do well, it’s a great game with a fun community but when buying a product, you would think you would get what you bought. Not 'exploits' sure remove, ban whatever but game mechanics. In the end not everyone can have multiple characters or can afford it but on the other hand how much money has alts brought into this game over the years? As mentioned previously this game has always had retention issues short of the super loyal knee jerk reactions can only hinder it more.

• Like 1

The change to copy faith between servers is pretty stupid, being able to be a.priest on pvp and being able to still grind you body stats on pve is the main reason I started playing again as it's mandatory to be a preist to pvp yet you can't advance your character at all. I also purchased premium on other accounts to be a crafter on pvp and a vyn on pve. Changing this after launch is one of the dumbest thing I have seen from wurm staff you are going to lose a ton of players due to this

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

• Change: To avoid losing faith, sermons will no longer cause alignment to go the opposite way of your deity’s alignment.

Yay for no longer having to run priests away to avoid alignment drop 😄

Lol, one faction crying "Punishment! Hang'em higher, ban'em, nullify their skills!", the other one "we demand refunds!" (for our umpty cheap 7.99€ alts, lol)

I dare to predict that neither will happen.

Sign in to follow this