Sign in to follow this  
Hektor

AutoClicker/Translate/Script/Macro

Hi. I have spoke with some players about using 3rd software for macro. Some said its illegal some said its legal. So I wondered who's right . After some topic research. I find out both are right...

Rules seems to be outdated. Rules seems to be a bit contradicted. Use a 3rd software is not allowed. But in same time software for Logitech G series is allowed.

So GM add an mandatory checks if its allowed:

-Input made by player including  multi inputs with single click

-Player must be present at computer and have miniumum attention.

So I have a G series. But I'm using  it in different way. I don't like move mouse to other screen or switch. Its laggy tend to bug out and overall its annoying for me. So I connect my PC with Laptop and share same keyboard. Then I limited keybinds to just some. Transform how those inputs have to be read in laptop. Something like click of spacebar is Left mouse click. So this sound suspcious but I do check on both mandatory requirements:

-Present at computer I see what's going on

-Any inputs in game are made by me

I know server cant tell from where orginally inputs come from. So it doesnt really matter. But just for sake of conversation. I would like GM to comment on this. Ideally update Rules so it would be more clear. From the other side I know this kind of update would encourages players to go to edge. While unclarity keep people at bay

I upload infographic to simple explain it

infographic.png

Actually, it's easy to see programmatically when macros are running, and easier as a player when someone is not actually there.

Macroing is scum, it's a cheat and if you don't want to play why even log on? 

Don't do it. You will get caught, either by a descent (real) player or by the trails of obviousness you leave behind. If you don't appreciate my opinion or response here, that's fine. Just had it with hacks in games. Either play, or don't play. Easy.

Secondly, your miniscule number of posts also show that you did not really look at the website very well. The tabs at the top of this page, will reveal a very cryptic one called rules, here 

Specifically:

```

Macro
Definition: A macro is any software/hardware that automates the sending of actions to the game server without user interaction and is not permitted.
A ) Key locking (IE weighing down a key on your keyboard) is not permitted.
B ) Multiboxing (automated sending of actions to more than one client at the same time) is not permitted.

Attendance required:

Make sure to attend your game session when performing actions. If you use keybinds and send actions that finish often, make sure that your actions have desired effect before starting a new queue in case you watch TV or do something similar that steals your attention. When performing actions that you start more seldom and take a long time to finish (such as fishing or training shields) you still need to verify that you have a valid target now and then when starting the action which should be no problem. In case we notice that you are not attending the game and express prolonged robotic behavior where your actions have no effect you risk being banned for automated play. This will of course not happen when playing normally or being afk. You also have to make sure to respond to any popup questions that may occur due to such perceived automation.

Punishment: First offense - Permanent avatar ban.  Second offense - Loss of all avatars/accounts and permanent ip ban.
 - Penalties for macro abuse may be applied at any time pending GM review, even if you have discontinued abusing a macro at time of penalty.```

Edited by Marlon
  • Like 1

I know that some script systems allow you to replicate the way G-Keys work, one key sends multiple actions to the game. 

The clarification is this

You MUST be interacting with the game itself (no x key sends y command to z window) (comes under multiboxing) 

You CAN ONLY fill your action queue once (so it sends rrr where r = mine_forward) In order to do any actions again you must press the key again (comes under macroing)

It appears you are having the space-bar send inputs to your other window, which is against the rules (multiboxing). I would advise stopping that immediately if that is the case. 

If it is not I advise contact me or a GM by PM on the forums to discuss more clearly as open discussion of macro's is not permitted. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I know that some script systems allow you to replicate the way G-Keys work, one key sends multiple actions to the game.

It's not in that case. Single Key Input = Single Key Input. It's also not a fast clicker which multiply one input into many of same input.

37 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

You MUST be interacting with the game itself (no x key sends y command to z window) (comes under multiboxing) 

x input its not a command. It arrive to z window as x input but i change how this second screen understand x input. I has nothing to do with muliboxing.

40 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

You CAN ONLY fill your action queue once (so it sends rrr where r = mine_forward) In order to do any actions again you must press the key again (comes under macroing)

This is how it works. I fill one queue once. I press one button and it fill action queue up to my current max which is 3.

41 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It appears you are having the space-bar send inputs to your other window, which is against the rules (multiboxing). I would advise stopping that immediately if that is the case. 

I don't understand what do you mean by space-bar send inputs. As it;s explain in infographic I click a button on keyboard which is transfered to laptop by wifi (This is exacly how G series flow work Which is allowed). But laptop understand this input as other input not a program or a code. I used this method on my old laptop. I spilled drink on keyboard and some keybinds didnt work. So I swap inputs so inputs I need will be assign to other inputs. It's not againts any rules. It's pretty much invert keybinds.

52 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

If it is not I advise contact me or a GM by PM on the forums to discuss more clearly as open discussion of macro's is not permitted. 

Point of this topic is to be offically clearfield. Not being told by GM in private message

I think. You think my input = some program. I.E  Macro for recoil. But that's not the case. Input is just an Input it doesnt execuse any code.

if you' pressing R is doing something on both pc's at once that would be seen as a problem

i just use a wireless keypad i got for like 5 bucks, set up my buttons and stream the monitor to my tablet

5 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

if you' pressing R is doing something on both pc's at once that would be seen as a problem

R is not doing 2 things in same time. Input is just transfered to Laptop.

5 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

i just use a wireless keypad i got for like 5 bucks, set up my buttons and stream the monitor to my tablet

I know this. But its overkill. I'm like 10h daily at desk anyway . It's for Sofa/Bed players Meme

• Like 1

gr8 meme

I can't really speak for the gm team but as long as you're NOT getting any input on your main computer when you're sending inputs to your laptop it should be fine, but just to be sure i'd pm retro or another gm. From the comments here it seems like your setup is being interpreted as something else if it's only doing actions on one client and it's not automatically moving your mouse around or auto selecting clients anything, and it'd be best to clarify it and walk them through the setup you want to make.

I simply leave cursor of mouse at designated area. Then leave mouse a bit back or turn it off or switch to fly mode or just swap to second device which doesnt exist. Well many options. So Cursor stay at same place. Then I simply click a button on my keyboard which is transfered to laptop and its read as other input not as a program. G series flow allow to keybind mouse to buttons. But my keyboard has limitations to just few binds. And those keybinds are special buttons in laptop and they execuse stupid things like volume brightness etc. And In this laptop model I cant turn that Off in BIOS or in system.  So all F1-F12 are not gucci for my laptop. There is work around to this but my solution is just way more simple. Which is just use most comf button then be a translated in laptop for other input.

Edited by Hektor
Edit. I think worth to mention I run 1 wurm client while using this. When I play with 4 alts and 1 main then I just simple use both mouse and do it all manually as it cant be done is same manner as I presented without actual cheating

So basically this is just a really funny and weird way to use your laptop like a wireless keyboard that you can take wherever you want in your house and still queue up actions in Wurm while you're on the toilet/cooking/whatever?

5 minutes ago, Branson said:

So basically this is just a really funny and weird way to use your laptop like a wireless keyboard that you can take wherever you want in your house and still queue up actions in Wurm while you're on the toilet/cooking/whatever?

No. I don't see point to use laptop as wireless keyboard. I could just use laptop. I dont move laptop its just like second PC. Toilet/cooking/whatever its not worth an effort. If I bother my self with doing any actions while cooking or being in Toilet I would just que longest actions possible. Like Meditation/Grooming/Mining

I just mean as long as your client window is open and in focus and it's sending the messages based on the window in focus 

If you had a notepad open, and you pressed the same key would it show in notepad? 

(in other words, you send the key to the laptop to do with as it will, you DO NOT tell the laptop to send it to a certain window) 

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I just mean as long as your client window is open and in focus and it's sending the messages based on the window in focus 

Correct

If you had a notepad open, and you pressed the same key would it show in notepad? 

Yes

(in other words, you send the key to the laptop to do with as it will, you DO NOT tell the laptop to send it to a certain window)

Yes. My laptop is occupied with game. I cant minimalize game. Game have te be shown all the time on screen mouse cursor has to be at designated spot. Difference is i just a certain keybinds on that keyboard exclusively send inputs to laptop. So I dont need a wireless numpad like it was mention before. It would be more simple to just use numpad.  I would say my focus on game is higher than casual semi afk. When Minimalise game and them maximalise game back sometimes i forgot what i suppose to do.

While having it on second screen/pc/laptop I just see a second screen with game in corner of my eye sight. Because of this I can react to any changes such as someone whisper me or my que just finished.

People call it cheating or just unfair. There are people who us such things and not hiding and some use and pretend to not to. Reason . Its because they want benefit from it exclusively. But there is also a major group who dont't use it because they are afraid of getting ban.  That's what I think its unfair. Unclear rules. Because of it there is only some part of community using it for benefit while others dont use.

I wish it wasn't a thing. And I wish  no one could use such things. But I understand devs have no choice to let this to be used. Simply because there is no way to detect it. And it doesnt matter what rules they made. That's why G series was add on. So not only few brave players would use it but everybody who has g series. But I think it should be extend to higher degee so % of people using it is higher. Other wise this group is too small and its unfair.

Allowing G series to be used it's simply its not detectable. But there are other ways I.E my way or numpad. I know in rules  there are those mandatory checks such as be present and screen and do own inputs. But in same time in rules its said.  3rd party/macros are not allowed. But technically G series is 3rd party software/macro. Input into a game its not but all steps before inputs get there it require 3rd party software.

Another way is just make skilling process be a more complicated so it cant be so easy semi afk . But I think a lot of players play this game to have some acitvities who are semi afk. So yea no help

As a reminder, any use of any kind of automation or repeated action or multiple transmission, tools/utilities/apps, is strictly against the rules, 

Anyone found using these tools will be subject to penalties as outlined in the game rules. Please have a look if you forgot them, haven't read them, or feel like knowing what you're allowed to do is fun.