Sign in to follow this  
Ismira

This game is going to DIE!

15 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

You do understand (I hope) that people are not simply buying up dirtcheap items on the southern servers and then reselling them at a hefty markup on the northern servers?

And for the same reasons do you understand that it doesn't even matter if someone resell or make the item for themself, it simply doesn't matter

If indeed a considerable number of newcomers is frustrated with the economic (and space) situation on the northern cluster, set up an emigration portal to the southern ones.

• Like 6

LOL, just when I thought the forums couldn't get any better today you make this thread, bahahaha. Markets even out as game progresses, happens in every MMO. If people are quitting because of that (LOL) then so be it. I've seen no one complain about the markets lolololol

I would say that really, both economies are broken.  They are just at different points in the broken boom/bust cycle.

For the same particular item;

Southern: The selling price just about covers the cost of premium time used in making it, if nothing is bought but all raw materials are acquired myself. (i.e. if making and selling these is ALL I do, then I can afford enough premium to keep making and selling them)

Northern: The selling price is about 15 times the cost of the time it would take ME to make on the same basis as above. (What I could make and sell in a week would easily pay for 3 or 4 months premium ),.

The first is hardly worth making to sell, the second is hardly worth paying to buy. 

The market-driven pricing argument may seem a simple truism, but there is inherent in this an acceptance of the boom/bust cycle being fine, even thought the bigger the boom the harder the bust.

If I had 1 cotton for every time I've heard this game was "going to DIE!" since Wurmageddon,  I could corner the market

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, Ismira said:

That is not true, not everybody that plays on the Northern severs have 12/y or 5 oh even a year behind them, so that is not an accurate statement. Nor they have the tools, and skills to make that said item. So they still have to grind it out.

So my response to you is this.

Go play on the old servers if you want cheap, easy to make(or in a lot of cases, already made items).

Also, i don't play on either Melody or Harmony to make money. I've been there and done that over my 15 years of Wurm on the old servers. I'm quite enjoying not crafting a single thing to sell.

• Like 3

Apropos of nothing except the general topic, Prosperity Marketplace seems to have prices not hugely burdensome.

Been around since Beta...

*looks around*

Hey, still kickin'. 

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

If indeed a considerable number of newcomers is frustrated with the economic (and space) situation on the northern cluster, set up an emigration portal to the southern ones.

Players can't portal between the clusters.  It would be a restart. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Okay, I want to point out that anyone that can't respond in this thread like an adult, you should leave and keep your nasty comments to yourself. I don't deserve the treatment I have been receiving from some of you. You have a right to disagree with what I say and believe, but the rude unnecessary comments are not needed.

@RudieI'm sure that's awesome in your mind that you have played this game for 15/ys although I don't believe it's something to brag about. but do you.

@ Hailene Not everyone that has a compliant is trolling if anything you're the one trolling me.

Some of you you guys had some valid points and I have to admit I didn't consider it all when I posted my concerns and frustrations until they were pointed out so thank you. But all and all this is still a huge concern for me. This is a game that we all should be enjoying and believe it or not alot of people share my thoughts I was just the only one willing to voice them. Besides the point, I had way more points posted in the original thread that was completely ignored because everyone found it necessary to focus on the one thing I brought up that they didn't agree with or disliked.

I am done with this convo and will not remark on it any longer, I have said my peace. But please be peaceful in your remarks.

48 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Players can't portal between the clusters.  It would be a restart. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I know that. Therefore I wrote "create a (one way) portal", an emigration exit for those who are feeling to be too late for the landrush, and do not enjoy crowded servers. It would address those who already worked on their skills and do not like the idea of a restart.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I know that. Therefore I wrote "create a (one way) portal", an emigration exit for those who are feeling to be too late for the landrush, and do not enjoy crowded servers. It would address those who already worked on their skills and do not like the idea of a restart.

Fair enough.  It is definitely a good idea.  I think I remember the devs saying they would not be permitting portals between old and new, though, so they will be the ones to convince.  Names are unique across all servers, so that shouldn't be a problem.

If people don't want to buy and sell things following supply/demand, there is another fresh server with a lot less trading and price gouging: Defiance.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Ismira said:

@RudieI'm sure that's awesome in your mind that you have played this game for 15/ys although I don't believe it's something to brag about. but do you.

Not bragging at all,  you made an assumption that I'm one of these horrible price gouging people and I merely gave you the facts.

Your argument that everything takes the same time??? What? How? Nobody has the skills, resources or the tools to do half the things others are capable of doing on Xanadu or Independence.

As multiple people have now pointed out, economies at the start in all games/servers will always be high opposed to a server that has 14 year old accounts that can make a 50ql tool in a couple minutes versus an account that can make a 50ql tool in 15-20 minutes on the new servers.

1 hour ago, Ismira said:

Okay, I want to point out that anyone that can't respond in this thread like an adult, you should leave and keep your nasty comments to yourself.

1 hour ago, Ismira said:

Yet you go after this dude lmao

So cringe

• Like 4

I'm sorry, but i don't agree with this at all, you're either "in the race" on you aren,'t.

If you're in the race, and want to be the first one to have something, or get a certain skill at some level, then prices for tools or services needed to facilitate that, are dictated from how much those people are willing to pay for to get the advantage

If you aren't in any race, you can just chill out, find other friendly people that aren't in a rush for anything, and play with them, gather your own resources and do your own things while the game economy slowly normalizes and get back to a non-ridiculous level

I didn't know what to sell a c50 pick for, so i made an auction and it went for 20s, on old servers i just throw away anything under c70 because nobody even wants them for free, but is it my fault? nobody sold any of them yet, and someone with 70+ mining was selling 70ql iron for 10c/lump (and rightly so, i'd say), ofc skilling mining faster will allow people to make even more money, the entire economy is inflated with people being in a race to be the first and best one to sell or do something, and to be honest, i like this 10 times better than a dead server where you can hardly sell anything because everyone has everything and most things are worthless.

The channeling nerf is another matter and it pissed out a lot of people to be sure, but the inflated economy is pretty much what looks like a living game, not a dying one

Edited by Davih
  • Like 8

1) This game's not going to die from one person's opinion of what they want to see the economy become. There have been people saying "Wurm's going to die!" for over a decade now and your case is no exception. Over exaggerating the situation is just making you look bad. ;)

2) We're just over 2 weeks into the server. Chaos in the markets is going to ensue for a while. It'll get better over time naturally. That's how economies work.

3) Just because someone responds with a response you don't want to hear, it doesn't mean they're not responding as an adult.

Edited by Yumi
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Southern: The selling price just about covers the cost of premium time used in making it, if nothing is bought but all raw materials are acquired myself. (i.e. if making and selling these is ALL I do, then I can afford enough premium to keep making and selling them)

I'm needling a bit, but the economy is broken because other people won't pay for your subscription fee easily?

Sentiments like this often make me feel like Wurm would be better of of silver was a more readily available ingame-only currency (no shop purchase) that didn't allow you to buy premium with it.

Sustaining your premium with silver acquired from other players only imho is a red herring, it's theoretically possible, but not practically sustainable for everyone to do. So if you want to be one of the few to pull it off, you'll naturally have to "work" for it. Doesn't sound broken at all to me.

To paint the picture in contrast to the Northern Islands, I get it, but that's a northern freedom problem. I'm not fond of it either, but a certain trade-enthusiastic demograhpic wants to have their fun right now with the lack of supply and demand, and it's not going to last forever or very long for that matter, so let them have it.

Avoid the market for the time being by doing your own thing and asking villagers for help, works perfectly for me.

And if you guys really want the market to change, get into it, undercut the prices you find so horrendously expensive, and be the change you want to see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flubb said:

And if you guys really want the market to change, get into it, undercut the prices you find so horrendously expensive, and be the change you want to see.

So that the fastest guy can buy what little you can produce and resell it higher a few minutes later
Honestly, don't even do that, just the accept the market if you want to use it, the fact that those prices are going to sink fast is absolutely obvious, put away some silvers for your next premium while you can, imho, someone is paying for them now, all the money is going to go to wurm, anyway.

Edited by Davih
  • Like 2

Ismira, when you come onto this forum with an imperative and provocative title, furthermore proving that you don't even understand basic economy, you deserve all the harsh criticism coming your way. It's just that simple.

Go play the game, and don't buy anything you don't need more than the silver you paid for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davih said:

So that the fastest guy can buy what little you can produce and resell it higher a few minutes laster

lol

I might as well take a nice stab here:

The reason we, those of us against a separate new cluster, were given was that they wanted players to experience wurm as we did when we started out.  A "fresh market" and "untouched lands".

Many of us said it won't work, players with more knowledge will massively pull ahead and the land would be ravaged in weeks.

Well, here we are folks.  Sounds like we hit that nail on the head.

Edited by Etherdrifter
Removed adventuring comma
  • Like 2

Prices of ql 50 blacksmithing tools have gone down from 1.75s to 1s in the last 15 days and they will continue to drop more and more as higher ql becomes accessible you want to know the old pricing of way back when gold 2 started for ql 50 when there where only a handful at 50 bs? 7-10 silver and you had to wait a long long time to get that tool

Wurm isnt going to die from this most players arent focused on the economy they will just happily play the game they are playing and maybe buy 1-2 things thats it stop acting like the sky is falling the northern freedom isles economy has yet to really form at all its the wild west atm it does not mean its bad its good we might end up seeing prices that are more competitive and more fairly priced in the long run

• Like 2

Just remember that this server is not and will never be touched from RMT, that means that when someone quits is not going to "cash out" all his possessions, making the same items go around forever, the market will never become the pitfall of desperation that became 1-2 years ago on the old servers, this fresh start is still gonna be good on the long term, easy silvers are tempting for everyone, if just to enlarge their deed or save up for multiple premiums, but we won't have as many long-term obssessed producers as we used to, trust me on this one

• Like 1