Sign in to follow this  
Karellean

Common Sense Approach - Favour Links and Rebalancing Channeling Exploit

The recent "nerf" hit to favour links from additional priests has now created a vast imbalance between the kingdoms.

The heavily populated Kingdoms have been able to use their larger population and multiple links to reach a extremely high value of channelling.
It will take priests from the lesser populated Kingdoms well over a month to close that gap.

INSTEAD of blanketing the favour regen penalty across ALL links...
Surely it could be coded so that the first TWO links do not suffer this penalty and any subsequent links... result in the 5x penalty that has just been released.

Either THAT --- or perhaps just cap it at two links per priest...

The solution now is VERY poor. in that one kingdom has run away with a huge head start by being able to effectively "exploit" the old mechancic, and the replacement "fix" makes it impossible for the others to ever catch up.

I have no argument with the links required to be reduced/"nerfed" ... but the degree to with this has been done, is too steep, too quickly..

We now have our first serious imbalance and "Window" of opportunity that has been closed ... which will affecting the outcome of the PvP servers for some time... 

(Note: An alternate adjustment would be more severe, but the Highest Channeling in each kingdom could be looked at... and ALL priests over whatever the lowest value of the highest channeling in any given kingdom is.. could be reduced to that value.. to ensure evenness)

IF ARCHERY skills can be rolled back due to receiving unintended gains -- Channeling could also be rolled back as per above suggestion

Please Consider

Kare

Edited by Karellean
  • Like 3

Remove magic from the game, solve majority of the problems. :)

• Like 2

I guess I am surprised that you would punish everyone instead of banning the people who abused it. It make NO sense.

• Like 1

This all just really highlights the problems with the channeling grind.  A new solution is needed. There was talk of opening a discussion about what that might be back when 2s first month prem and the faith/channeling grind around that went dodo. Perhaps this might be a good time for that to actually happen; perhaps, formulate a plan for how to improve faith and channeling at once. Even throw meditation into the mix for a real trifecta of progress?

On 3/7/2020 at 6:18 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

if the task is so horrible people are willing to throw money at it until it goes away it highlights a problem with the task imho

On 3/7/2020 at 6:35 PM, Retrograde said:

Agreed, and maybe it's a point for discussion too. 

Edited by Fearil
Added quotes.

This is a temporary change to allow us some breathing room to spend more time actually addressing the issue. Rest assured it won't be long. 

23 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

This is a temporary change to allow us some breathing room to spend more time actually addressing the issue. Rest assured it won't be long. 

but what about the people who haven't been exploiting this bug and are now the under dogs on defiance? everyday it creates more and more of gap between the people who have the 80 channeling and the people who are struggling to grind to 50....

everyday you take, means that gap grows bigger

Edited by Brocando

2 hours ago, Ismira said:

I guess I am surprised that you would punish everyone instead of banning the people who abused it. It make NO sense.

Nothing was abused for ######s sakes. This wasnt an exploit

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Unless you push out a proper fix in the next 1-2 weeks it will already be too long.

29 minutes ago, atazs said:

Nothing was abused for ######s sakes. This wasnt an exploit

There was abuse. You could link past the hard cap for links that are possible.

3 hours ago, Karellean said:

The recent "nerf" hit to favour links from additional priests has now created a vast imbalance between the kingdoms.

The heavily populated Kingdoms have been able to use their larger population and multiple links to reach a extremely high value of channelling.
It will take priests from the lesser populated Kingdoms well over a month to close that gap.

INSTEAD of blanketing the favour regen penalty across ALL links...
Surely it could be coded so that the first TWO links do not suffer this penalty and any subsequent links... result in the 5x penalty that has just been released.

Either THAT --- or perhaps just cap it at two links per priest...

The solution now is VERY poor. in that one kingdom has run away with a huge head start by being able to effectively "exploit" the old mechancic, and the replacement "fix" makes it impossible for the others to ever catch up.

I have no argument with the links required to be reduced/"nerfed" ... but the degree to with this has been done, is too steep, too quickly..

We now have our first serious imbalance and "Window" of opportunity that has been closed ... which will affecting the outcome of the PvP servers for some time... 

(Note: An alternate adjustment would be more severe, but the Highest Channeling in each kingdom could be looked at... and ALL priests over whatever the lowest value of the highest channeling in any given kingdom is.. could be reduced to that value.. to ensure evenness)

IF ARCHERY skills can be rolled back due to receiving unintended gains -- Channeling could also be rolled back as per above suggestion

Please Consider

Kare

I almost quit  the other day when I heard players on defiance had 70+ channeling already. LOL If there inst a roll back I will quit for sure. I know others who will and I'll also encourage it. Oh and submit A nice review on steam also. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Madnath said:

There was abuse. You could link past the hard cap for links that are possible.

Ok so fix that exploit then and punish offenders the same way they did for people who abused archery instead of punishing the whole population?