Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 10/AUG/20

14 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

x5 nerf

Yea this is a huge nerf of favor regen you can get from links, but this nerf: "The minimum favor before being able to use the Favor for linked casts has been increased from 10 to 20"; was actually nerf regen too, because on 20 favor it regens slower than on 10 favor, so i feel like my favor regen stop for ever xD only once i cast my spells with links after this patch, once you try it you clearly feel it better to not use links at all if you want level you channaling by effective way, because it make your favor regen from 1 to 10 like from 50 to 60, and favor on your alts will stuck on 20 like for ever.

Edited by Nelsy

14 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

What is linking good for now? Lets look at the normal uses of linking:

Channeling passive grinding (rendered useless by this change)

Casting LT (Rendered useless by recent priest changes)

Pvp passive favor regen (rendered useless by this change)

Passive regen mass enchanting (rendered useless by this change)

Multibox saccing while channel grinding (still valid but very limited use.)

Increased difficulty while channel grinding (of limited use without favor regen made useless by this change)

Rite spell casting (still viable but only 6 people can do it every month/few months depending on server? Limited use

On top of this it made batteries useless. Not sure if you were here for that but very recently during the last priest update we argued to staff about the usefulness of batteries and how we were forced to use batteries with the changes and how unhappy people were about it. Now they still force us to have batteries, yet made batteries useless for what we are being forced to use them in the first place! 

Yes, people are mad, but for more than what you think its at play here. Many of us have played for quite a while and have had to deal with the stick instead of the carrot for so long. Passive regen is essential for many activities. Doing a x5 nerf of it is not only uneccesary but its unexcusable.

Interesting points, but without testing those changes you assume some things that aren't quite right

Channeling passive grinding - Nope, it stays the exact same, the number of casts and XP gain is still the very same, only your personnal rythm change
Casting LT - I don't see what it changes upon that matter, priests can still link and do it like before, they only neecd to acknowledge the regen malus when attending to this specific matter with no "illimited ressources"
PVP favor regain - Well, linking should and will be a metter of opportunity, using it will make you vulnerable and open winodws for combat oppotunities, wich is nice by me. If you want to regain, don't link, that is the new meta, you can also use gemstones to store favor beforehand
Passive regen mass enchanting - That is the abuse I think, mass producing shouldn't be done and be gained the benefit of by only one person using illimited ressources. This is what the devs are dealing with in part.
Multibox saccing while channel grinding - Why should it allow you to get infinite benefit while attending other matters? Plan your saccing normally and all is fine..
Increased difficulty while channel grinding - You misconcept here, it shouldn't be easy in the first place.
Rite spell casting - You're saying non-sense here, priest have normal regain as long as they don't link, when attending such ritual, everyone should be full before starting and have gemstones filled with favor if needed, wich is the way it always was intended and worked.

Also, those changes allow for gemstones to become relevant again, don't you see? It not only prevent griefers from abusing the market, but also fix the value of the gemstones, wich people was complaning about, wich is dealt with now, so what is so wrong?

Edited by DragonNoir

4 minutes ago, warrior said:

Simple fix that'll solve all your issues.

Simple fix to remove the current mechanics they want to remove would be getting rid of favour as a whole. once your priest, your faith level dictates the spells you can cast, much like it is now. Every spell has its timer and cooldowns (where applicable) so a priest should be able to cast one spell after another without any favour requirement, much like a mining or digging action. Everyone would welcome such change as that means alts are not even needed. And devs would get rid of the mechanics they want to be gone. 

2 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

Channeling passive grinding - Nope, it stays the exact same, the number of casts and XP gain is still the very same, only your personnal rythm change

Stop phantasy about it please, that ridiculous, i dont even want read what you write next..

Edited by Nelsy

It has come to my attention that there are actually many things in this game made easier by having lots of accounts. Can we please start nerfing group mining projects. I think we need it to be impossible for two people to mine on the same tile, also noone should be able to work together on levelling dirt. 

Lets implement social distancing rules, noone is allowed near each other.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

Simple fix to remove the current mechanics they want to remove would be getting rid of favour as a whole. once your priest, your faith level dictates the spells you can cast, much like it is now. Every spell has its timer and cooldowns (where applicable) so a priest should be able to cast one spell after another without any favour requirement, much like a mining or digging action. Everyone would welcome such change as that means alts are not even needed. And devs would get rid of the mechanics they want to be gone. 

Too drastic changes for a priest with which I cannot agree, i got many questions to this solution but i dont like it to even to discuss about this possibility. I like favor like mana system, it have good synergy  with wurm world

6 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

Stop phantasy about it please, that ridiculous, i dont even want read what you write next..

I hope your 159 coments aren't just one line sentences talking about other people rather than the game, else I don't get you on any level, this shouldn't be a place to bash eachother and point out fingers at, if you have matter to discuss, talk about them, not me. This is the last time I answer to you, simply to try staying polite and communicative, but I don't think any more comment answering you would be constructive on the topic, thanks to acknowledge that in your future comments, thank you.

Edited by DragonNoir

I hope your 159 coments aren't just one line sentences talking about other people rather than the game, else I don't get you on any level, this shouldn't be a place to bash eachother and point out fingers at, if you have matter to discuss, talk about them, not me. This is the last time I answer to you, simply to try staying polite and communicative, but I don't think any more comment answering you would be constructive on the topic, thanks to acknowledge that in your future comments.

You can read my comments without speciall permission, just look my profile, but you change theme of the issue, my person no the issue here to discuss. And i react like this because your words far away from real, and i told you all i want to tell, you just ignore it, so no reason to listen you.

Edited by Nelsy

Thanks for not including this little gem in the patch notes:

15 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

It has come to my attention that there are actually many things in this game made easier by having lots of accounts. Can we please start nerfing group mining projects. I think we need it to be impossible for two people to mine on the same tile, also noone should be able to work together on levelling dirt. 

Lets implement social distancing rules, noone is allowed near each other.

Make sure if two or more are working on the same tile none of them get any skills for 15 mins.

• Like 1

That topic hasn't been answered by any devs so far, nobody else acknowledged that bug/change, I'd not be so quick on the matter, this is obviously only contributing to increase the drama until answered so why'd even link it here? It has it's own topic, for obvious reasons

That topic hasn't been answered by any devs so far, nobody else acknowledged that bug/change, I'd not be so quick on the matter, this is obviously only contributing to increase the drama until answered so why'd even link it here? It has it's own topic, for obvious reasons

because i havent even seen the other link if it wasnt posted here. good to know there was more to this...

23 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

Interesting points, but without testing those changes you assume some things that aren't quite right

Casting LT - I don't see what it changes upon that matter, priests can still link and do it like before, they only neecd to acknowledge the regen malus when attending to this specific matter with no "illimited ressources"
PVP favor regain - Well, linking should and will be a metter of opportunity, using it will make you vulnerable and open winodws for combat oppotunities, wich is nice by me. If you want to regain, don't link, that is the new meta, you can also use gemstones to store favor beforehand
Passive regen mass enchanting - That is the abuse I think, mass producing shouldn't be done and be gained the benefit of by only one person using illimited ressources. This is what the devs are dealing with in part.
Multibox saccing while channel grinding - Why should it allow you to get infinite benefit while attending other matters? Plan your saccing normally and all is fine..
Increased difficulty while channel grinding - You misconcept here, it shouldn't be easy in the first place.
Rite spell casting - You're saying non-sense here, priest have normal regain as long as they don't link, when attending such ritual, everyone should be full before starting and have gemstones filled with favor if needed, wich is the way it always was intended and worked.

Also, those changes allow for gemstones to become relevant again, don't you see? It not only prevent griefers from abusing the market, but also fix the value of the gemstones, wich people was complaning about, wich is dealt with now, so what is so wrong?

Gems are relevant. They replace saccing when on the go... unless you are carrying your altar with you? If so please tell me how.

Your argument was about it not making linking useless, and I explained how it does... so your response to not making linking useless is... don't link? Use gems? What?

You are assuming this change affects only the exploiters: it does not. It affects everyone. For example, I am using Morning Fog to level channeling. At some point it will be higher and my gains will slow down. So I will link with my alt to gain a higher difficulty and get a little more mileage out of that spell. Now I cant do that. So rip me right? Why?

33 minutes ago, warrior said:

Currently the system adds 10 difficulty per link

i heard it only 3 per link, and it feels like its true, you dont want cast spells which higher difficulty than your channaling, so even with 10 diff per link means you cant use links at the begining at all.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Gems are relevant. They replace saccing when on the go... unless you are carrying your altar with you? If so please tell me how.

Your argument was about it not making linking useless, and I explained how it does... so your response to not making linking useless is... don't link? Use gems? What?

You are assuming this change affects only the exploiters: it does not. It affects everyone. For example, I am using Morning Fog to level channeling. At some point it will be higher and my gains will slow down. So I will link with my alt to gain a higher difficulty and get a little more mileage out of that spell. Now I cant do that. So rip me right? Why?

You're right, it affect the current skillgain tactics that players were using, wich is why lots of players outright say this change should have been made on launch.

Having other tactics more relevant doesn't mean anything more than meta change, not a mechanic dying completely.

Not all linking tactics are over, they are tuned down, that is right, but they're not utterly irrelevant, it will take time and efforts for people to test out tactics to work it efficiently, wich are not available atm, wich lead to your statement, on an overall immediate perspective, you're totally right, but I'm not quite as affirmative once people tune themselves and feedback the devs so they can do the changes they need to enable the valid losses. But for that to happen, they need to know what is lost that was valid grinding, from abusive grinding, and there's no magic way to find it out rather than implementing it as researching it, wich is the current stage we're in.

From the spell perspective, having all level 10 characters able to be relevant for link casting is a bit too easy to grief with multiple battery accounts, raising it to 20 still allow non-premium players to attend that matter, and followers too, but greatly reduce the gain from such tactic from alternative accounts. The higher the participant skill level, the more effective they are at boosting the spell, and the less they feel the difference, wich make sense to me. But you're right, it is a tune down.

But a tune down for how long, and what will we get instead at the end? That nobody can pretend to know before it happen. Also, lots of people tend to forget a boost or gain, is in addition of what already exist and is intended, wich was the case for Batteries accounts, losing it isn't really an impediment, as it doesn't affect poeple not benefitting from such groups as much. Now having a few dedicated accounts, with possible alts, and making them premium and working them past 30 is the way to go, instead of bulking low level non-premium Batteries account taking up precious server space and hightening the lag being idle.

Edit : How to carry an altar with you? Are you kidding? Get into your large cart, get near your "personnal altar" and load it. 😕

Edited by DragonNoir
Answering a question

24 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

From the spell perspective, having all level 10 characters able to be relevant for link casting is a bit too easy to grief with multiple battery accounts, raising it to 20 still allow non-premium players to attend that matter, and followers too, but greatly reduce the gain from such tactic from alternative accounts. The higher the participant skill level, the more effective they are at boosting the spell, wich make sense to me. But you're right, it is a tune down.

You suprise me even more, how far your phantasy can go. You cant use link as non premium character, you cant use link as follower, you should be a premium account priest with mininum 30 faith and statuete in hands to be able to perform a link, your main priest, with you trying to link, must also meet the requirements to get links, and the amount of links depends on your channaling skill/10-1 thats alot of requiriments, dont listend to devs which tell there is no requiriments, they are wrong and probably never played their game before like you neve played priests. And what they did now this totally broke links mechanic, best tactic for now to not use links at all, you will grind your channaling faster without links because they slow down favor regen too much and made linkers usless as their favor should be minimum 20, on 20 favor and x5 reduction it almost no regenerate favor! On last your post you contradict your statements in one sentence, now you talking complete thantasy about this game, you dont know nothing, stop talking about this, play priests first please. I hate people who thrying to argue for such changes without even play a hour as priests, you know nothing as you demonstrate here not once, that ridiculous to talk about things you do not understand and try to argue "all these chenges are good"

Edited by Nelsy

5 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

Words...

Yes, I agree that perhaps if it was done before the server launch it would have been much smoother. 

The issue is that you are suggesting people havent done testing. This is not a new feature being released. This is an old mechanic troughly tested for a decade or more that has been in place and relied upon by nearly every channel grinder out there. Its more part of the game than the current priest system itself and has been part of every priests life since its inception. What more testing do you need? 

11 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

From the spell perspective, having all level 10 characters able to be relevant for link casting is a bit too easy to grief with multiple battery accounts, raising it to 20 still allow non-premium players to attend that matter, and followers too, but greatly reduce the gain from such tactic from alternative accounts. The higher the participant skill level, the more effective they are at boosting the spell, and the less they feel the difference, wich make sense to me. But you're right, it is a tune down

You should learn about how links work before you say these things. No one can use a character with 10 faith or 20 faith to link. Or non prem. Its never been possible. Its not a thing.

21 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

You suprise me even more, how far your phantasy can go. You cant use link as non premium character, you cant use link as follower, you should be a premium account priest with mininum 30 faith and statuete in hands to be able to perform a link, your main priest, with you trying to link, must also meet the requirements to get links, and the amount of links depends on your channaling skill/10-1 thats alot of requiriments, dont listend to devs which tell there is no requiriments, they are wrong and probably never played their game before like you neve played priests. And what they did now this totally broke links mechanic, best tactic for now to not use links at all, you will grind your channaling faster without links because they slow down favor regen too much and made linkers usless as their favor should be minimum 20, on 20 favor and x5 reduction it almost no regenerate favor! On last your post you contradict your statements in one sentence, now you talking complete thantasy about this game, you dont know nothing, stop talking about this, play priests first please. I hate people who thrying to argue for such changes without even play a hour as priests, you know nothing as you demonstrate here not once, that ridiculous to talk about things you do not understand and try to argue "all these chenges are good"

Thanks for enlisting all the accurate points that have to be made to be able to benefit from my said point, I don't use link, and found it was shaddy when offered to me and didn't want to inform myself on the matter until this recent matter, you can point it out without being complacent about it. Also, where did you see "all those changes are good" in this topic? I've seen it nowhere so far, explaining things is what I do, if you don't like them, you can and feel free to dislike my comments, but trying to blame the messenger for the message does show your hate more than anything else, that you're right. Phantasy this, phantasy that, you're trying to label people as delusionnal to evade the statements and respond directly to the person instead, it is shaddy and it start to be a little out of place and agressive so I,d ask you to stop such behaviors. I told you I didn't want to have to deal with more of this and already explained you how incunstructive and out of topic it get.

27 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Yes, I agree that perhaps if it was done before the server launch it would have been much smoother. 

The issue is that you are suggesting people havent done testing. This is not a new feature being released. This is an old mechanic troughly tested for a decade or more that has been in place and relied upon by nearly every channel grinder out there. Its more part of the game than the current priest system itself and has been part of every priests life since its inception. What more testing do you need? 

I'm not saying it is because, I'm saying it will probably be less catastrophic than people think and try to rationalize it, nothing prevent every other people here to correct me and bring more accurate statements, or even couter-argue with other statements, there are so much going on upon that specific matter, it is no wonder why they have a full team to work on it, while we struggle to find a middleground together here. I'm trying to bring the middleground to light so we can start working on that rather than keep working on communicating our feeling of frustration over and over again.

7 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

Thanks for enlisting all the accurate points that have to be made to be able to benefit from my said point, I don't use link, and found it was shaddy when offered to me and didn't want to inform myself on the matter until this recent matter, you can point it out without being complacent about it. Also, where did you see "all those changes are good" in this topic? I've seen it nowhere so far, explaining things is what I do, if you don't like them, you can and feel free to dislike my comments, but trying to blame the messenger for the message does show your hate more than anything else, that you're right. Phantasy this, phantasy that, you're trying to label people as delusionnal to evade the statements and respond directly to the person instead, it is shaddy and it start to be a little out of place and agressive so I,d ask you to stop such behaviors. I told you I didn't want to have to deal with more of this and already explained you how incunstructive and out of topic it get.

I'm not saying it is because, I'm saying it will probably be less catastrophic than people think and try to rationalize it, nothing prevent every other people here to correct me and bring more accurate statements, or even couter-argue with other statements, there are so much going on upon that specific matter, it is no wonder why they have a full team to work on it, while we struggle to find a middleground together here. I'm trying to bring the middleground to light so we can start working on that rather than keep working on communicating our feeling of frustration over and over again.

The issue is its a change people dont like, and it was brought after they paid. You can't reconcile that. Its like you walking to a car dealer, buying a car, paying for it and then realizing it has no seats. You go back to the dealer and the guy says "hey, thats fine, I'll give you these four plastic chairs". Is that okay? Would you accept four metal folding chairs as a middle ground? 

People paid for these batteries and cant use them for their intended purpose now. I think people have a right to be upset.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Angelklaine said:

The issue is its a change people dont like, and it was brought after they paid. You can't reconcile that. Its like you walking to a car dealer, buying a car, paying for it and then realizing it has no seats. You go back to the dealer and the guy says "hey, thats fine, I'll give you these four plastic chairs". Is that okay? Would you accept four metal folding chairs as a middle ground? 

People paid for these batteries and cant use them for their intended purpose now. I think people have a right to be upset.

So if people in World of warcraft pay to level boost a rogue to levelcap and a month later rogues get nerfed..? Pretty sure blizzard tells them to pound sand.

I'd save the freaking out and burning down the forums until after you see whatever the fix they're cooking up is. But that's just me. This is all quite entertaining :D 

Just now, Angelklaine said:

The issue is its a change people dont like, and it was brought after they paid. You can't reconcile that. Its like you waking to a car dealer, buying a car, paying for it and then realizing it has no seats. You go back to the dealer and the guy says "hey, thats fine, I'll give you these four plastic chairs". Is that okay? Would you accept four metal folding chairs as a middle ground? 

It is not because I didn't brought it up here that I don't acknowledge it, I raised that point when in PM with Nelsy ;)  You're completely right, also, because they didn't do it at launch, the standart was to have this bonus gain tactic, and the felt was it was acknowledged so far. Then, BOOM, out of nowhere it happen. Quote from myself :

The feeling of loss is twice as strong as a feeling of gain, so removing a bonus does far more psychical damage, and it occur once the standart is the gain, wich explain the overall feeling of loss and frustration from players, simple psychology. Trying to reason them and explain them why it isn't is a fierce battle that the devss weren't even prepared to fight, and worse, they didn't prepare us.

13 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

Hi there, I've played a Fo priest for the last 5 years.

Trust me when I say, the folks here are not overreacting.  The wurm Devs have a long standing, and well documented, habit of nerfing priests and promising that a "real fix" will come in the "near future".  That future rarely ever comes.

In terms of the changes made here; they're easily abusable for griefing at sermon groups.  The real bug was going over channel limit for links (good catch), but the real issue is that 1--10 favor takes a few seconds, 10--20 takes a fair bit longer.  Favor regeneration is not linear, it is practically logarithmic; they've more than quadrupled the time between linked spells.  [Source: wurm wiki page on favor]

Edited by Etherdrifter
Spelling fix
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Radni said:

So if people in World of warcraft pay to level boost a rogue to levelcap and a month later rogues get nerfed..? Pretty sure blizzard tells them to pound sand.

I'd save the freaking out and burning down the forums until after you see whatever the fix they're cooking up is. But that's just me. This is all quite entertaining :D 

The difference is that is not what happened here. No one here is arguing exploiting is right, or that a spigot shouldn't be closed. Its the whole scorched earth action that made linking kill both your passive faith regen and the passive faith regen of your link. They turned something that has always been acceptable practice and a bonus into a detrimental action and then they called it an exploit. Its more akin as World of Warcraft devs disabling the Mana Table because it gives away free refreshments and calling it an exploit. That is what was done here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

The difference is that is not what happened here. No one here is arguing exploiting is right, or that a spigot shouldn't be closed. Its the whole scorched earth action that made linking kill both your passive faith regen and the passive faith regen of your link. They turned something that has always been acceptable practice and a bonus into a detrimental action and then they called it an exploit. Its more akin as World of Warcraft devs disabling the Mana Table because it gives away free refreshments and calling it an exploit. That is what was done here.

That is the fairest point in the topic so far, indeed, making it detrimental is what causes lashback, punishing players for your own misjudgement of how they'd use what you give them can only be badly perceived as an unjustifiable punishment. Especially when you double down by not communicating it to them before taking actions against it.

Edited by DragonNoir
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this