Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 10/AUG/20

I cant believe i spend past month of my life to see at the end all i done for this time are actually was exploit that should be removed, i was so motivated to play for long and have fun, but now i just sit and look in monitor thithing about what a hell im doing here. 

Edited by Nelsy

20 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I understand fixing linking with followers... that shouldnt be a thing.

Linking with followers was not possible.

4 hours ago, Darklords said:

Today's priest changes are more of a temporary fix until we can sort out a better longer term solution. From what we could see the way linking was being used could not stay in the game as it was till then people where using it to get way to much channeling with absolutely no requirement other than having a ton of priest alts linked to them 24/7 which we saw was starting to become rampant.

So should digging be nerfed because there is absolutely no requirement other than having a bsb and a tile of moss/clay/tar? Players can get a lot of skills up high quickly by focusing exclusively on one skill (and optimizing skillgain). 

You still have to make each and every cast to make your skill go up. It’s just a way to make the grind less hellish. 

Edited by LionIX

Just now, LionIX said:

So should digging be nerfed because there is absolutely no requirement other than having a bsb and a tile of moss/clay/tar? Players can get a lot of skills up high quickly by focusing exclusively on one skill (and optimizing skillgain). 

yeah i mined alot with all my 7 accounts at the start of the new servers, that was exploit too, lol

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

Maybe the devs should look at why people are using links to grind channeling in the first place and realize they should stop doing insignificant things with natural favor regen and keeping favor sac items trash and so difficult to get the needed amounts of favor for the horrible mechanic known as casting.  I'll literally finish the 100 rift journal by continuing to throw 5s prem on my account every few weeks to do rifts in my time zone before i finish the spend favor goal of the same journal because obtaining favor is such a sad miserable task that I'd rather not touch it at all.

Totally agree with this.  I'd love links eliminated and favor regen cranked up at a minimum of 10x.  Get rid of sac for favor altogether.  Cast, regen. Cast, regen.  Same for all.  Equal playing field insured for all.  If regen from 0-30 should take same time as regen from 0-100.  No more than 10 min to achieve max favor from 0.

23 minutes ago, shakys said:

I am all for constructive criticism but staff bashing and challenging moderation wont be tolerated.

Rules can be found here -  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123123-wurm-online-rules/

Regards

Shakys (Assistant Lead Forum Moderator)

Im sorry about that, that was line i shouldnt pass, ill hold my self if it refers to me. Actually i love our devs, they listen to us and i believe everyting will be fine xD! Atleast i hope there was real problem they will fix without touching original linking system, how it documented officially and supposed to work now.

Edited by Nelsy

Anything that takes more than 1-2 weeks to put in is too long already. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Totally agree with this.  I'd love links eliminated and favor regen cranked up at a minimum of 10x.  Get rid of sac for favor altogether.  Cast, regen. Cast, regen.  Same for all.  Equal playing field insured for all.  If regen from 0-30 should take same time as regen from 0-100.  No more than 10 min to achieve max favor from 0.

I dont like this, it will make priest gameplay too easy and links system works well not only ppl who make alts get benefits from it, we use it in pvp, ppl can shedule sermons with their villagers. I tought there was some real exploits that should be fixed, but if no one get banned for it, then no exploits exists. But what about other part, about linking mechanic, i think it work well enough and it really hard to perform it for players who use alts, you cant call it like "no requirements", there actualy alot requirements, and aswell it not easy for ppl who ask villagers to let them link with or ask to come to sermon. I dont see anything bad in it while i follow rules channaling skill and dont get more links i can get. You speak about it like it easy and no requirements, just do like this and you will get lvl like crazy, but its not true.

Edited by Nelsy

My constructive (and I ladel a lot of cynicism into that word) addition to this:

1. Reverse the favour regen debuff immediately as it offers heavy griefing potential.
  2. The minimum favour to cast after linking is too high, 10 was already a restriction but 20 appears to have no justification what so ever.
  3. In terms of other linking training: Linking for extra spell difficulty, less saccing, etc; some solid guidelines are needed now.  You've declared something abuse, and a line needs drawing quickly.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, NeoAnderson said:

(60-90 channeling if some are to be believed)

Is this accurate? In like 2.5 weeks on a new server?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I seen ppl maximum 53 but i dont think they used exploits

41 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

As someone who legitimately gained 50 channeling on Defiance using linking properly, it is extremely possible I could have had 70 by now had I continued grinding as I was.

I went from 1-13 day one, 13-30 day 2, 30 - 43 day 3, 43-50 day 4 using around 30 hours of sleep powder all up.

Edited by Rudie

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

Linking with followers was not possible.

Didnt say it was, but if that was the case I would have understood. Thats the problem though. It has always been possible to channel grind with using multiple links and this has been used by everyone for a very very long time including current staff members and devs. Why is it suddenly a problem? There are people who got their smithing to 50 in less than a week from launch. Why is it wrong for Priests to do the same? 

It just baffles me that development seems to be directed into removing anything that remotely makes things easier for everyone. Right now Batteries have been further nerfed (they were already nerfed once with the former priest change) and now they finally got the hatchet. Yep, they are officially useless. Why would I pay for a battery now?

• Like 2

People here are SO MAD to be removed an abusive feature it's funny, none of what they said is valid, they simply don't WANT to acknowledge the problem, or are jealous of not being able to abuse it themselves, and then try to compare their legal actions to those abusives players to tell you you're doing it wron. They then use judgement, such as players being "cash whales" thinking they're the only ones concerned. Guess what guys, batterry for skill gain is CHEATING, alts that gives you a skill-gain advantage onto ANOTHERR character without any other form of relevance is just bad, lazy, cheating that overload the WHOLE servers, with over 1000 in Harmony, they HAD to do this. Paying for gaining extra skillgain, is what we call Pay to Win, taking advantage of other accounts to boost ourselves is called boosting, and using lower level people to give you their ressources, rather it be faith or not, is called pushing. None of this is acceptable.

The only valid point that have been raised so far, is if actions should be taken against the players that abused this as they clearly are griefers. Taking them back to 30 faith should be fine, because it would assume they worked for their skill, but didn't deserved to have access to 2+ characters ressources at the same time on a single account and be able to use them without limitations. Now the limitation is here, first step done, next step is finding an alternative, wich they're doing and tell you they're doing. The last step will be to bring back a sense of balance depending ON that solution, so stop harashing the devs about YOU wanting to see griefers punished right away without any idea of how it will fix anything.

The change come a little late, I agree, this change should have been discussed lots of time ago, you also had acess to original WO and WU datas on the matter, same goes for the launching, you're caught off-guard with spotable problems every time and it start to get people very nervous, as you react and acknowledge things ONLY when it explode to your face, when it was clearly written C4 DANGER EXPLOSIVES on the package. That, is the reason why they cattle here like headless chickens asking you to better do your job, because sending and releasing unimproved features that are problematic to then disproportionnately react too it will sure make everyone angry... you didn't build the game not knowing the output, so why are you not anticipating ANYTHING now, especially on a NEW release? The errors that are done here are acknowledged for now 10 years by other companies, and the errors done here are not supposed to happen again as datas have been compiled and distributed on the whole market on all those matters by countless companies, there are also lawyers and other workforces that can help devs get done with the market, publicity, rules and costumer service and protection. Right now, you're gradually losing faith of your costumers, showing them you'll only react once the problem explode both in your face and theirs, wich they're right about, why would they pay for something that is a minefield of problems they NEED to step onto for you to acknowledge them : yep, there was mines there, lets clean it up BEFORE the rest of the convoy step on it AGAIN. It litteraly took you lot of time to notice and fix your launching problems, while other companies outright avoid those errors for now ten years and anticipate them, server overload shouldn't have happenned at ALL, Alternative accounts pushing neither. Those are matters that should have been discussed and settled at the start of the conversation about a new launch, yet, it was only discussed after the problem got exposed. And even if you talk about it within the team, those conversation doesn't get to us, so this is what we see and hear, wich people badly point out. And no, if you don't acknowledge something is griefing, people can only assume it is okay because the feature was built has intended, so yeah, your lack of communication brung up the priest problem first.

Both sides are wrong, yet right about something being off. Communication is not well done, that is a fact, and we're not only talking about speaking, but also reading. Not only the players, but the whole market, if you don't know your own flaws, who will? You'll end up fixing yourself over and over not knowing it is always after it's too late. You can't pretend once a problem show up, that dealing with it will repair the damages already don, and this is what people are screaming anyway they can here.

Edited by DragonNoir
Additionnal informations about my stance

3 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

People here are SO MAD to be removed an abusive feature it's funny, none of what they said is valid, they simply don't WANT to acknowledge the problem, or are jealous of not being able to abuse it themselves, and then try to compare their legal actions to those abusives players to tell you you're doing it wron.

Let me give you an example of why people are so mad.

When you are out pvping, you have 2 options for favor: linking or gems. The reason for linking was so that 2 or more priests together could share their passive regen and be actually useful. A Fo without favor is nothing more than a gimp fighter on the field. 

People don't become priests and pay for their prem to become a gimp fighter after a few casts. A priest has a bunch of penalties given go them in exchange for being able to cast spells, and now these spells are being taken away from them on the field. I am a priest that have not used linking yet (6 channeling) and now I am scratching my head about what to do because I will not be able to grind for at least a month. Thats ridiculous. 

The linking system has been in place forever. The fact that is just now being called an exploit is unfair and lopsided. This change affects more than a few people who have benefited from it on the new server: It affects every player who has paid for and grinded a battery in the past that now has a useless 100 faith character they will have to shove up their hashtag and let it fade into obscurity.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

People here are SO MAD to be removed an abusive feature it's funny, none of what they said is valid, they simply don't WANT to acknowledge the problem, or are jealous of not being able to abuse it themselves, and then try to compare their legal actions to those abusives players to tell you you're doing it wron. They then use judgement, such as players being "cash whales" thinking they're the only ones concerned. Guess what guys, batterry for skill gain is CHEATING, alts that gives you a skill-gain advantage onto ANOTHERR character without any other form of relevance is just bad, lazy, cheating that overload the WHOLE servers, with over 1000 in Harmony, they HAD to do this. Paying for gaining extra skillgain, is what we call Pay to Win, taking advantage of other accounts to boost ourselves is called boosting, and using lower level people to give you their ressources, rather it be faith or not, is called pushing. None of this is acceptable.

The only valid point that have been raised so far, is if actions should be taken against the players that abused this as they clearly are griefers. Taking them back to 30 faith should be fine, because it would assume they worked for their skill, but didn't deserved to have access to 2+ characters ressources at the same time on a single account and be able to use them without limitations. Now the limitation is here, first step done, next step is finding an alternative, wich they're doing and tell you they're doing. The last step will be to bring back a sense of balance depending ON that solution, so stop harashing the devs about YOU wanting to see griefers punished right away without any idea of how it will fix anything.

The change come a little late, I agree, this change should have been discussed lots of time ago, you also had acess to original WO and WU datas on the matter, same goes for the launching, you're caught off-guard with spotable problems every time and it start to get people very nervous, as you react and acknowledge things ONLY when it explode to your face, when it was clearly written C4 DANGER EXPLOSIVES on the package. That, is the reason why they cattle here like headless chickens asking you to better do your job, because sending and releasing unimproved features that are problematic to then disproportionnately react too it will sure make everyone angry... you didn't build the game not knowing the output, so why are you not anticipating ANYTHING now, especially on a NEW release? The errors that are done here are acknowledged for now 10 years by other companies, and the errors done here are not supposed to happen again as datas have been compiled and distributed on the whole market on all those matters by countless companies, there are also lawyers and other workforces that can help devs get done with the market, publicity, rules and costumer service and protection. Right now, you're gradually losing faith of your costumers, showing them you'll only react once the problem explode both in your face and theirs, wich they're right about, why would they pay for something that is a minefield of problems they NEED to step onto for you to acknowledge them : yep, there was mines there, lets clean it up BEFORE the rest of the convoy step on it AGAIN.

Both sides are wrong, yet right about something being off. Communication is not well done, that is a fact, and we're not only talking about speaking, but also reading. Not only the players, but the whole market, if you don't know your own flaws, who will? You'll end up fixing yourself over and over not knowing it is always after it's too late. You can't pretend once a problem show up, that dealing with it will repair the damages already don, and this is what people are screaming anyway they can here.

Linking are legit mechanic for refer exploit abuse here. I leveled my mining to 68.3 so far and swiched to channaling, should we remove mining? Looks like I abused mining alot why we not cut this stupid skill from the game? Why it even possbile to get 90 carpenty in first week but i cant do the same with channaling if i really spend money on it, on sleep powder, on accounts, and spent alot of time on it? You see the numbers we get at the end and thinking this is exploit, but you dont know what hard work was done like only 3 hours of sleep per day and other time are grinding. I was mining every day with sleep bonus from start of the new servers, i used alts for other things to let my main character to mining nonstop and i got no even one mining affinity, i was mining for two weeks nonstop, but i got affinity for Miscellaneous items when i rendomly decided to pray on public mediation run in our village, is it fair? That what you should fix, give me my minig affinity xD and let me use my alts that i made and paid already for grinding my channaling, i spend on it many hours of gamplay, that was not exploit, not abuse this is only way how you can lvl your channaling fast as other skills. You dont know well theme about you talking.

Edited by Nelsy

Linking is still legit, what are you talking about lol, it is legit and remain legit, it is just not abusable 😕 You don't get more faith OVERALL using it, but it still works. For it to be effective for faith gain, you need to switch between alot more characters and time the links to get maximum faith regain for the alts accounts, but it still works, it is only wayyyyy less effective and constrictive for all the other characters participating in it while it last, inform yourselves before trying to invalidate my points.

Or else, point me out ANY other skill you can get boost from other characters, because for your argument to be valid, it need to affect more than faith only. Faith gain abuse isn't legit, and seeing the devs saying STOP, you should open your eyes a little.

Or please, define me your version of griefing, I'm particularly intrigued of the trigger for you to consider something abusive lol, because banking on alternative account for illimited ressourcecs is pretty illigitimate everywhere else.

Especially when it affect DIRECTLY the economy within the game itself by allowing griefer to get advantage worth alot of the early Silver, wich you're fine with?

Edited by DragonNoir
Be more precise

they should just ban all group activities tbh, i mean, making a road becomes much easier with multiple accounts so remove that.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

Linking is still legit, what are you talking about lol, it is legit and remain legit, it is just not abusable 😕 You don't get more faith using it, but it still works. For it to be effective for faith gain, you need to switch between alot more characters and time the links to get maximum faith regain for the alts accounts, but it still works, it is only wayyyyy less effective, inform yourselves before trying to invalidate my points.

Or else, point me out ANY other skill you can get boost from other characters, because for your argument to be valid, it need to affect more than faith only.

Im sorry but you dont even see difference betweet faith and favor, why you even talking about that?

Edited by Nelsy

8 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

Im sorry but you dont even see difference betweet faith and favor, why you even talking about that?

We call what you just did evading the question, providing you already know favor is perfectly equal to faith, and discrediting me doesn't change much to the points I raised.

Also I recommend you to copy your message, then refresh before quoting me as I edit usefull informations a minute or two after post if I feel the need

Edited by DragonNoir

10 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

Linking is still legit, what are you talking about lol, it is legit and remain legit, it is just not abusable 😕 You don't get more faith using it, but it still works. For it to be effective for faith gain, you need to switch between alot more characters and time the links to get maximum faith regain for the alts accounts, but it still works, it is only wayyyyy less effective, inform yourselves before trying to invalidate my points.

What is linking good for now? Lets look at the normal uses of linking:

Channeling passive grinding (rendered useless by this change)

Casting LT (Rendered useless by recent priest changes)

Pvp passive favor regen (rendered useless by this change)

Passive regen mass enchanting (rendered useless by this change)

Multibox saccing while channel grinding (still valid but very limited use.)

Increased difficulty while channel grinding (of limited use without favor regen made useless by this change)

Rite spell casting (still viable but only 6 people can do it every month/few months depending on server? Limited use

On top of this it made batteries useless. Not sure if you were here for that but very recently during the last priest update we argued to staff about the usefulness of batteries and how we were forced to use batteries with the changes and how unhappy people were about it. Now they still force us to have batteries, yet made batteries useless for what we are being forced to use them in the first place! 

Yes, people are mad, but for more than what you think its at play here. Many of us have played for quite a while and have had to deal with the stick instead of the carrot for so long. Passive regen is essential for many activities. Doing a x5 nerf of it is not only uneccesary but its unexcusable.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DragonNoir said:

We call what you just did evading the question, providing you already know favor is perfectly equal to faith, and discrediting me doesn't change much to the points I raised.

Also I recommend you to copy your message, then refresh before quoting me as I edit usefull informations a minute or two after post if I feel the need

i didn't see any question from you, and i don't have to answer if i feel you dont know what you talking about

Edited by Nelsy

A way to fix this would be to specifically target the difficulty of each spell while linked.

Currently the system adds 10 difficulty per link, which can make casting spells like bless, opulance, light token etc... very OP for skillgain.

Simple fix would be to instead of increasing difficulty, make the difficulty less for all viable skilling spells (i'd pretty much just go across the board on anything that isn't an enchant).

Then maybe leave a few where difficulty stays the same, your jewelry enchants, armour enchants etc.. as it would be an advantage if you went too low a difficulty or too high on those.

Then for everything else, woa, coc, botd, LT etc... make the difficulty work as is now.

Simple fix that'll solve all your issues.

5 minutes ago, warrior said:

A way to fix this would be to specifically target the difficulty of each spell while linked.

Currently the system adds 10 difficulty per link, which can make casting spells like bless, opulance, light token etc... very OP for skillgain.

Simple fix would be to instead of increasing difficulty, make the difficulty less for all viable skilling spells (i'd pretty much just go across the board on anything that isn't an enchant).

Then maybe leave a few where difficulty stays the same, your jewelry enchants, armour enchants etc.. as it would be an advantage if you went too low a difficulty or too high on those.

Then for everything else, woa, coc, botd, LT etc... make the difficulty work as is now.

Simple fix that'll solve all your issues.

bro it adds 3 difficulty per link. Linking lots of priests doesn't really add enough to megaboost skillgain by adding difficulty.

Sign in to follow this