Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 10/AUG/20

Another classic wurm team move lmao

Oh no a really difficult thing in the game that drives people insane and takes months to grind has been made easier by players giving us their money, we don't want that!

• Like 8

they are going to have fun soon.

Edited by Orlaz

Oh my God. You guys have lost your minds... Screwing over every priest out there for literally no reason. This has existed in forever and now is suddenly a problem? 

Lets get the money from all those priest batteries then we call it an exploit and nerf it. Even people in the current Dev Team has been using this "exploit" for years. Comeon man... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nelsy said:

perma ban all accounts who used this exploit or reset their channaling skill

I think that fair enough because im sure you cant use it without third illegal apps or something like that, i dont think this is just bug that can be used so easy. I noticed that i have option to link on my non priests accounts but i can use it. So people who used it was not stupid and they knew that agains any game rules. Maybe ban are too much, but reser their skill to 1 sounds fair enough for me.

27 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Oh my God. You guys have lost your minds... Screwing over every priest out there for literally no reason. This has existed in forever and now is suddenly a problem? 

Lets get the money from all those priest batteries then we call it an exploit and nerf it. Even people in the current Dev Team has been using this "exploit" for years. Comeon man... 

35 minutes ago, ZarmaZarma said:

First of all, you should stop calling this "abuse". This wasn't an exploit. This was literally just players using the best means they had within the games rules to gain skill; they didn't circumvent any limits, they didn't use bugs or obviously unintended functions of the code. Casting with linked priests was as much an exploit as wounding yourself to increase action timers, or imping huge shod clubs to gain weapon smithing. I'm fairly certain from the language being used by you and the rest of the team that you are trying to disguise a balance issue- something ENTIRELY the fault of the dev team- as an exploit, to move the blame to the player base, and it's just shameful. You're trying to gaslight your players, and it's gross.

I think(hope) they call exploit not link system by it self, but only availability to manipulate game in order to get able to link more characters than your skill let you, or even maybe, idk, let you link non priests characters - thats are exploits for sure! I tryed to link like this before i know how it work exactly and i notice that cant do it, there is limit and you have to be priest and etc so you cant do it by normal way. So ppl who used it was doing it more like hacking software or do something ubnormal to game in order to break this normal rules of linking system - that are exploits, you can call it differend but such things not legit in any game even if it was abused by players for years. In WoW practice people get banned for unknown exploits they just discovered and used for long and this how it usually work, every one know this is against rules to use it or try to break game in order to get benefits that other players cant get, if you notice something like that you have to report but not use it. So if i got it right by according to devs posts they doing right!

Edited by Nelsy

LOL, another ninja nerf, gg

once again someone cried that another player has 10 alts and grinds channeling 20 times faster than him?

Priest linking was the same since day 1, just amazes me that 13 years after devs came to the decision this is an exploit and screwed this up completely. 

Some say rollback? for what? that some guys started 10 priests since day one and well, once all of them priested they buffed their channeling to 70+ withing a week until now? Dont think they  did anything wrong as that was always the way channeling is being done. Unfair to others - sure is, as an average joe will take years to get to 70 lol. Its hilarious tho reading all the crap they wanna do to "balance" things on new pvp server, yet one handedly they made one of the biggest disbalances now :D

End of the day, doesnt change the fact that when wurm had 300 ppl, extra premiums from those priest alts were appreciated, but once the desired limit was reached in player count, they dont need them any more lmao

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skatyna said:

LOL, another ninja nerf, gg

once again someone cried that another player has 10 alts and grinds channeling 20 times faster than him?

Priest linking was the same since day 1, just amazes me that 13 years after devs came to the decision this is an exploit and screwed this up completely. 

Some say rollback? for what? that some guys started 10 priests since day one and well, once all of them priested they buffed their channeling to 70+ withing a week until now? Dont think they  did anything wrong as that was always the way channeling is being done. Unfair to others - sure is, as an average joe will take years to get to 70 lol. Its hilarious tho reading all the crap they wanna do to "balance" things on new pvp server, yet one handedly they made one of the biggest disbalances now :D

End of the day, doesnt change the fact that when wurm had 300 ppl, extra premiums from those priest alts were appreciated, but once the desired limit was reached in player count, they dont need them any more lmao

All not so bad as you think, read what i wrote before you

If the issue is just that there was a bug/exploit allowing you to link more than the mechanics allowed based on channeling skill then....just fix that. Why the nerf to the thing people have used for a decade?

• Like 2

Wow, I'm glad I don't have the attention span to whale out priest alts. Anything that removes the need for numerous alts to be competitive sounds like a good change over time for the health of the game though!

Just now, Radni said:

Wow, I'm glad I don't have the attention span to whale out priest alts. Anything that removes the need for numerous alts to be competitive sounds like a good change over time for the health of the game though!

They didn't "remove the need for numerous alts to be competive" that would be if they nerfed the multiple alts but added in something that makes it far easier to do without alts. 

even the person being linked to is getting the favor nerf...

7 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

If the issue is just that there was a bug/exploit allowing you to link more than the mechanics allowed based on channeling skill then....just fix that. Why the nerf to the thing people have used for a decade?

They did it temporary, while they find way to fix it, and they try to do it short time, but looks like this is only way for now, how they can prevent from using this exploit now, there are few better decisions i sugested before, but probably they cant do it.

1 minute ago, Zekezor said:

even the person being linked to is getting the favor nerf...

yeah and raise minimum favor from 10 to 20 are huge nerf too which affect actually on favor regen by it self and other things.

Edited by Nelsy

2 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

They did it temporary, while they find way to fix it, and they try to do it short time, but looks like this is only way for now, how they can prevent from using this exploit now, there are few better decisions i sugested before, but probably they cant do it.

I will be genuinely shocked, amazed and happily eat my words if they fix that exploit and put the rest back the way it was. 

• Like 2

This was an excuse to sneak in a balance change. They literally fixed the actual exploit. That should’ve been enough (with some investigation into severe offenders).  

• Like 1

Maybe the devs should look at why people are using links to grind channeling in the first place and realize they should stop doing insignificant things with natural favor regen and keeping favor sac items trash and so difficult to get the needed amounts of favor for the horrible mechanic known as casting.  I'll literally finish the 100 rift journal by continuing to throw 5s prem on my account every few weeks to do rifts in my time zone before i finish the spend favor goal of the same journal because obtaining favor is such a sad miserable task that I'd rather not touch it at all.

• Like 7

Guys, i think you got it wrong, first pay attention to this, and this are exploit:

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Fixed bug allowing more than intended priest links at one time

In order to emergency fix they temporary did the following:

• When linking you are now given a debuff that reduces your favor regen by 5x – this will also last for 15 minutes after you break a link
  • The minimum favor before being able to use the Favor for linked casts has been increased from 10 to 20

and more importat thing you have to read about this above two nerfs:

This is a short term solution due to potential abuses brought to our attention over the last week. We will be looking at the way linked priests work and how favour regeneration works and adjusting it as necessary in a coming update.

3 hours ago, Darklords said:

This is only a temporary restriction while we work to find a better middle ground for priest linking being the only way to level channeling. Today's update was to put a stop to the worse case abuses while we take a bit more time to consider our options

But what i think about this - they souldnt fix exploits by finding middlway sollution, just fix exploit itself, no middle solutions which may affect on fair channaling leveling with links. This only part here make me worry "better middle ground for priest linking", what a middle? Guys just fix exploit and ban ppl who used it, no nerfs of linking system needed, you cant do it! if you cant fix it, you can detect people who attempt to use more link than they can and just insta ban! What a hell? Exploit that let you get more links that you able to get on your channaling skill level - that what you should fix, but not change linking system as it normally works now for fair players, dont touch linking mechanic as it works now for fair people! Why you even talk about it, this is unacceptable at all fixing exploits by nerfing whole game mechanic for all fair people! Dont need rework it, dont touch it at all! Maybe there are no exploits and you just want change things on middle way of start new servers!? I dont trust you there are exploits while you not ban anyone or reset their channeling skill! Thats ridiculous! Damn whats going on here..

Edited by Nelsy

42 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

All not so bad as you think, read what i wrote before you

i did read it. as well as used up to 10 batteries on a priest before. There was never any exploit i can almost guarantee it. its made up now as a justification that didnt work

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

with absolutely no requirement

but normally it works with alot of requirements, i have 5 prem alts and enother 5 non prem alts that waiting to be priests
before you can link, you have to lvl faith to 30, pay premium, become priest, then level your faith more - thats what devs call no requirements? thats wird

same way i can make 100 accounts for each skill in game and grind them, and become better than 99% noobs in game, and what now, to fix this "exploit" you gonna rework whole game? Maybe you just turn on steel balls and dissallow use more than one account or dont talk about linkin system that are exploit should be removed... thats stupid!

first they say us create new accounts in order to play new servers, now they rework game on half way of new start... i gonna live if they it keep it like this...

Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit

37 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Maybe the devs should look at why people are using links to grind channeling in the first place and realize they should stop doing insignificant things with natural favor regen and keeping favor sac items trash and so difficult to get the needed amounts of favor for the horrible mechanic known as casting.  I'll literally finish the 100 rift journal by continuing to throw 5s prem on my account every few weeks to do rifts in my time zone before i finish the spend favor goal of the same journal because obtaining favor is such a sad miserable task that I'd rather not touch it at all.

this right here

Edited by platinumteef

This really should’ve been done earlier this year in spring with all the other dramatic changes. Priest battery/sermon alts have been discussed a lot in the past. This should’ve not been a surprise to the devs that players would take advantage of the optimal way to grind a skill in a new, extremely competitive environment. 

I understand fixing linking with followers... that shouldnt be a thing. But nerfing batteries!?!? Why? Batteries are something people have used for years and years! Its in the name... BATTERIES! Suddenly all that effort to get batteries to 100 has been wiped clean by the devs. Good job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LionIX said:

This really should’ve been done earlier this year in spring with all the other dramatic changes. Priest battery/sermon alts have been discussed a lot in the past. This should’ve not been a surprise to the devs that players would take advantage of the optimal way to grind a skill in a new, extremely competitive environment. 

they have to done it before release new servers, to let people choose and plan, but they make us plan your priests, make many accounts spend time on their leveling, spend money and now they call it exploit that should be removed

Edited by Nelsy

2 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I understand fixing linking with followers... that shouldnt be a thing. But nerfing batteries!?!? Why? Batteries are something people have used for years and years! Its in the name... BATTERIES! Suddenly all that effort to get batteries to 100 has been wiped clean by the devs. Good job. 

Totaly agree man, i feel your pain!

Sign in to follow this