Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 10/AUG/20

I just hope the dev and gm team will not go the "super lazy, dont give a crap" route and just plainly nerf anyone above x skill.

Punish the exploiters by all means but don't nerf everyone in the process.

Also since heavy restrictions are applied temporarily I hope the devs intent is to prioritize their efforts into fixing a solution rather than keep a work-around fix for months.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LionIX said:

How long is the “future”? This screws over even the mid to early level priest stuff. 

As soon as possible is the plan, it is a top priority for us currently.

so this week right? Not a month or more like most short term updates

Just now, Rhianna said:

so this week right? Not a month or more like most short term updates

The plan is as soon as possible, we cannot give out exact time frames but we do not plan to leave this in for long at all.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Darklords said:

We do not give advance warning on fixing things like this as it only gives people time to abuse it openly. This was more of an emergency change and will be reverted in the near future with an update to better fix the core issues that we could not address in the short term.

Fair enough on using the nerfbat on going beyond link limit. 

The other "balance changes" could have waited and been given advance notice considering they completely ruin the way your whales have been approaching priests.

I get that it's temporary, but I hope you address this fast as it's really a bad way to treat customers.

Reviews on steam will be wild after this patch .

Some seem to be directed at GM,s also , may want to look into that ...

Why not just keep linking normal and fix the exploit?

Maybe slightly nerf max linkers at higher skill?

• Like 1

Just now, Joemog said:

Why not just keep linking normal and fix the exploit?

Maybe slightly nerf max linkers at higher skill?

What is normal linking? My priest on Indy hasn't used a link in 2 years besides a global cast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kelody said:

What is normal linking? My priest on Indy hasn't used a link in 2 years besides a global cast.

The exploit was using more links than channeling skill / 10 +1

Edited by Joemog

6 minutes ago, Kelody said:

Channeling skill / 10 + 1 is the normal amount of links. That is normal linking, where higher channeling gives you the ability to link to more priests.

Edited by John

Nice way to piss the majority of the players in the face. Some players have already gained alot of channeling, while others haven't had the chance yet. Now they won't have it either. 

This have never been a problem for the last 10 years so why do you feel like changing it now? You should have done it at the release, at this point you're just gonna upset alot of people.

Way to go, this is exactly the kind of actions that drive people away.

• Like 4

The faith/channeling system has long been overdue for a change (for the better). I get that you folks there developing the game have had a lot on your plate, but this should have been addressed back when the 2s prem, and the resulting nerf in method of gaining faith/channeling, was removed from the game.

On 3/7/2020 at 6:18 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

if the task is so horrible people are willing to throw money at it until it goes away it highlights a problem with the task imho

On 3/7/2020 at 6:35 PM, Retrograde said:

Agreed, and maybe it's a point for discussion too. 

The fact that the discussion never happened, and the knee-jerk change this recent patch looks like, some would consider inexcusable.

Personally, I gave up on priesting awhile ago, as I think the system is wasteful and unnecessarily convoluted to get any value for your premium time. Obviously if one wants to be competitive in PvP, they are going to feel more pressure to buy that crappy product. They did that, and now the people who didn't buy as hard and fast are getting spanked? Honestly doesn't seem right.

While I am ok with this nerves if they to cover a problem you shuld have write temporary nature of this in the official patchnotes. Our whole group was realy shoked becous we were missing the context and were realy upset that hight cost enchantments are realy hard to come by now even more then befor. I understand the Favor gain nerv but not the minimum Favor requierment. If you concern that people missusing the linking system to "Buff"  there passiv Favorgain to a amount that make it no restriction for casting then the gain nerv shuld be enough. If you realy serius about grinding you need to Saccrefie now somthing (with a minor benefit of a "slightly" imporved Favorgain with a lot of links) and this you would have archived with just the gain nerv to by not making the Requierments for the huge Favorspells harder in my opinion.

So shulde we as the communetie try to theory crafting some ideas and look if we can find a good solution to this or has the team allredy have some ideas in mind they just need to finde the right balance?

Edit: I see the problem is a bug that the maxium links is not working propperly this is of course a good reason for a increas in minimum Favor need. But the point that this system maybe need a slightly overhaul stays as many pointet out.

Edited by Radircs

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
Change: Added a profanity filter to names during character creation

🥳

• Like 1

@devs thank you for adding this fix for the priests!

This bug really only benefited veterans who knew of and abused the system

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darklords said:

Today's priest changes are more of a temporary fix until we can sort out a better longer term solution. From what we could see the way linking was being used could not stay in the game as it was till then people where using it to get way to much channeling with absolutely no requirement other than having a ton of priest alts linked to them 24/7 which we saw was starting to become rampant.

Can you post please ban list? I want make sure they banned for ever or atleast got reset to 1 of their channaling skill, and I'd like to see for what we waste our premium time on alts while waiting better decision, because i was in plans hardly level my channaling and i never use exploits.

Edited by Nelsy

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

The plan is as soon as possible, we cannot give out exact time frames but we do not plan to leave this in for long at all.

1 hour ago, Zekezor said:

Punish the exploiters by all means but don't nerf everyone in the process.

Totally agree, be gentle please, these may kill priests gamplay, i alredy feel waste on my 5 links alts they become like totally trash premm accounts xD

Edited by Nelsy

I believe you must just detect people who use more links than it possible for their skill lvl or againts other requirimets like priesthood, second you must perma ban all accounts who used this exploit or reset their channaling skill and post it on forum news to make sure people know if they repeat such things they will get banned. So act like this you can still work on better decision about fixing exploit and in same time you will not ruin game for normal priets who playing fair. These changes 5x reduce favor regen and 20 favor minimum on links are totaly kill pvp gameplay and channaling grinding, now if it keep going like this many ppl will throw the game, because it was for years ppl used it to lvl they priests to 100 channaling and their priests still legit - this is unfair for new priests. Many people who made their priest on new servers was counting on this future when they made many accounts and pay their premium time and spend their irl time to lvl them and etc.

Edited by Nelsy

This isn't a new problem, nor would I even say it's an exploit. It's not like the staff have been unaware of this strategy and suddenly need to react. Yes, it needs to be changed, but it's a systemic problem that has existed for years.

This, aside from the cap being broken which certainly needed an immediate fix.

6 minutes ago, Fearil said:

This isn't a new problem, nor would I even say it's an exploit. It's not like the staff have been unaware of this strategy and suddenly need to react. Yes, it needs to be changed, but it's a systemic problem that has existed for years.

This, aside from the cap being broken which certainly needed an immediate fix.

Im sorry, do you mean use links for lvl channaling thats ubnormal if i use 5 links on my 40-49 channaling skill? What the problem here i not understood. This linkin future acutally used not only on leveling puposes but in PVP it have many uses and these 5x reduced favor regen and 20 minimum favor(actually reduce favor regen by it self too because on 20+ it much slower than on 10+) on links chars are ruin not only leveling future but pvp gameplay too. Im sorry, may be i got you wrong i didnt make clear sense what do you mean by problem here.

Edited by Nelsy

From what we could see the way linking was being used could not stay in the game as it was till then people where using it to get way to much channeling with absolutely no requirement other than having a ton of priest alts linked to them 24/7 which we saw was starting to become rampant.

This was the problem I was referring to.

This nerf is actually like remove availability to become champion without removing champion status from current champions players, remove availability to give pmk titles witout remove current titles from palyrs, the same way reducing availability to level priests you make it unfair for new players because there many old toons that got their 100 channaling only because of that future.

Edited by Nelsy

1 hour ago, Eirwengale said:

Pretty discouraging given that I just started investing into my priests a week ago 😕 kinda pointless having multiple players with priests of the same religion now.

This is why i think we should get a free faith transfer i have 3 alts who have not yet priested who are sitting at like 29 and 27 faith and it seems pointless ot make them all the same priest now.

29 minutes ago, Fearil said:

This was the problem I was referring to.

But there no clear too about problem, he didnt say what he mean by absolutly no requiremets - this is more about exploit but not about how normaly linking work, because normaly you have many requiremets and this is not so easy as you think. same story here when you create 6 accounts for each smithing suskill puprose, so we can say here this is not normal too and maybe not fair depends on how you look on it, but it exists and by my opinion this is ok to pay for more accounts and spend more time to it, make your gameplay harder by multitasking to get better results in end, and this is totally fair while every one can do it, while this legit mechanic. I dont talk about exploits, we for sure have to fix it, but without harm fair players. I talk more about normal mechanic of linking system that was hardly changed today in order to fix exploit, and i just want make sure this will not be like this for long. You can't just make new 10 accounts for leveling channaling and start do it from scratch, you have to spend alot of time to leveling them to priests status 22 minimum days actually, then you have to lvl them to better faith level if you want do it effectivly, you have to pay x10 for the game.. this what he call no requiremets, i dont think he was thinking many about this xD

Edited by Nelsy

Old players and hardcore smart players always will better than others and this is how all games wor and how competitive works, you cant fix it just by changing game mech, it will only make game harder for normal players but others who tryhard will better anyway so we cant refer to this when we talk about this linking system (except exploit which should be fixed for sure). Ingame alot legit others mechanics that old players who know game well can use them to be better than other palyers, and we cant just cut linking system without take in count this. I think this is good and interesting mechanic for pve and pvp and even little change can make it uselsess for normal playes. In same way we can talk about difficulty system ingame which affect on our skillgain and how fast we leveling, and call it abuse when players properly use this mechanic and call to fix it - this is not right at all, and i feel the same when you say "linking system this is a way how old players can abuse it in order to level their channaling that why we ahve to change this mechanic or even remove it". 

Edited by Nelsy

Sign in to follow this