Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 10/AUG/20

PatchNotes-1-1.jpg
  • Change: More server optimizations to reduce lag during high player counts
  • Change: Added a profanity filter to names during character creation
  • Bugfix: Certain things on the server (such as creature movement) should no longer run at a higher pace after a period of lag
  • Bugfix: Fixed buggy human zombies being erroneously respawned
  • Bugfix: Fixed items disappearing from the crafting window if their material type changes
  • Bugfix: Fixed decoration items taking damage in containers on deed
  • Priest changes (these changes affect all servers):
    • Fixed bug allowing more than intended priest links at one time
    • When linking you are now given a debuff that reduces your favor regen by 5x – this will also last for 15 minutes after you break a link
    • The minimum favor before being able to use the Favor for linked casts has been increased from 10 to 20
    •  This is a short term solution due to potential abuses brought to our attention over the last week. We will be looking at the way linked priests work and how favour regeneration works and adjusting it as necessary in a coming update.

• Like 2

RIP whoever is starting out their channel grind on the new servers.

31 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Priest changes (these changes affect all servers):

• Fixed bug allowing more than intended priest links at one time
  • When linking you are now given a debuff that reduces your favor regen by 5x – this will also last for 15 minutes after you break a link
  • The minimum favor before being able to use the Favor for linked casts has been increased from 10 to 20

Out of interest, are the people who benefited from this bug (60-90 channeling if some are to be believed), having retrospective action taken to remedy the gains?

Edited by NeoAnderson

I would hope so since the rest of us jsut got a huge nerf and will take twice as long to catch up

Edited by Rhianna
wrong info

Just now, Zekezor said:

RIP whoever is starting out their channel grind on the new servers.

This.

The change means channeling is now a painfully long grind, that Linking is essentially useless other than for some of the larger enchants and rites, and most importantly anyone who already started their channeling grind is going to be insanely ahead of everyone else

This is the sort of change that should be discussed about first before making and one that should've been made when the new servers were first CREATED, not several weeks into it.

• Like 7

Pretty discouraging given that I just started investing into my priests a week ago 😕 kinda pointless having multiple players with priests of the same religion now.

Edited by Eirwengale

Out of interest, are the people who benefited from this bug (60-90 channeling if some are to be believed), having retrospective action taken to remedy the gains?

Edited 3 minutes ago by NeoAnderson

Yes very unfair.,....
  • Like 1

Just now, Rhianna said:

I would hope so since the rest of us jsut got a huge nerf and will take twice as long to catch up to BL

Nobody in BL knew of that bug, to my knowledge, and I can confirm that at least the priests in our village have just done the good old link + grind on sb thing that has been in this game forever.

This pretty much makes linking useless for anything but rites.. I don't understand why it was suddenly deemed a necessary change, out of the blue too so people who just invested in battery priest alts get screwed over. What is this fix supposed to solve?

Players with bigger wallets having an unfair advantage over others? I honestly think battery alts are a low priority in that department.

• Like 3

not a chance.

I just don't understand why the favor nerf is being done.  I get the link issue, but not the favor.  This ruins batteries for good.  BAD business.  Tons fewer alts now.  Was this the goal to cut down on server load?  Another good way to cut down on server load is to raise premiums by 10x.  I am so baffled right now. 

Sticking around long enough to see some reason and a rollback of the favor nerf. 

This is gonna hurt Impalongs. Too bad exploiters ruined it for everyone.

They could make the favor regen penalty higher as more links are added, like 10% per link. And the 20 favor reserve will hurt actual needed uses of links like global casts and 100 favor spells, too.

Edited by Kelody
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kelody said:

This is gonna hurt Impalongs. Too bad exploiters ruined it for everyone.

They could make the favor regen penalty higher as more links are added, like 10% per link. And the 20 favor reserve will hurt actual needed uses of links like global casts and 100 favor spells, too.

Yeah this outcome does feel a tad 'nuclear' - the problem is clear but there is a more productive solution available for sure

1 minute ago, NeoAnderson said:

Yeah this outcome does feel a tad 'nuclear' - the problem is clear but there is a more productive solution available for sure

Hopefully this is step 1, that a partial rollback of nerfs will come when they have time to discuss it. And world peace and a cure for covid will be here before November.

• Like 2

Today's priest changes are more of a temporary fix until we can sort out a better longer term solution. From what we could see the way linking was being used could not stay in the game as it was till then people where using it to get way to much channeling with absolutely no requirement other than having a ton of priest alts linked to them 24/7 which we saw was starting to become rampant.

• Like 4

[10:00 PM] Ostentatio: regarding the link changes, there was a serious exploit with linking that needed immediate addressing

So they should roll back those players 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Loggy said:

[10:00 PM] Ostentatio: regarding the link changes, there was a serious exploit with linking that needed immediate addressing

So they should roll back those players 

Yep - and they shouldnt be hard to detect hah!

1 minute ago, Darklords said:

Today's priest changes are more of a temporary fix until we can sort out a better longer term solution. From what we could see the way linking was being used could not stay in the game as it was till then people where using it to get way to much channeling with absolutely no requirement other than having a ton of priest alts linked to them 24/7 which we saw was starting to become rampant.

Y'all really need to communicate more before introducing such changes. Please keep in mind that people will be incredibly ahead of others on the channeling grind due to this being available for two weeks (and before people cry out for rollbacks, i'm NOT talking about whatever bug existed, just normal channel grinding).

So whatever changes you add, you also need to consider these people who will be ahead, and how to bridge the gap between them and people who have yet to begin grinding channel.

• Like 3

Just now, Olloch said:

Hello refund my priest battery thanks

sermon alts?

Reset those priests to 1 channel, then turn off the favor nerf. Linking has been around forever as a way to naturally regen favor, rather than saccing all day long.  I hate the waste of saccing.  Literally my least favorite game mechanic.

• Like 2

Typical knee jerk reaction.

gg.

Guess I won't be needing my batteries anymore.

Thanks for saving me money and you losing it.

• Like 1

10:07 PM] ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇ: 

Our first step is addressing the exploit

[10:07 PM] Ztrack: 

Over market is competitive belivr it or not

[10:07 PM] ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇ: 

From there we will be looking into potential abuses
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RainRain said:

Y'all really need to communicate more before introducing such changes. Please keep in mind that people will be incredibly ahead of others on the channeling grind due to this being available for two weeks (and before people cry out for rollbacks, i'm NOT talking about whatever bug existed, just normal channel grinding).

So whatever changes you add, you also need to consider these people who will be ahead, and how to bridge the gap between them and people who have yet to begin grinding channel.

This is only a temporary restriction while we work to find a better middle ground for priest linking being the only way to level channeling. Today's update was to put a stop to the worse case abuses while we take a bit more time to consider our options.

• Like 1

(Resposting here, since it seems to be the right thread for it)

This has got to be the most ridiculous and short-sighted business decision I have seen in an online game in a very long time.

You have whales in the game. People who buy tons of silver and have dozens of accounts. You launch a new set of servers knowing they will be competitive as hell. And then 2.5 weeks into the server you sneak in a mega nerf/fix that specifically targets the whales knowing they paid a lot of money to be competitive.

I'm not personally invested in priests, but boy would I be upset if I was. And I can completely understand any big customers wanting to leave the game (or quit trying to compete on the new servers) after being treated this way.

Suggestion:

- If you think this was an "exploit" then roll back all priests channeling to zero and reimburse people the money/silver for any priest accounts they'd want reimbursed.

- If you don't think this was an "exploit" then undo the nerf and give us at least 1-2 month advance notice on the change.

The linking system had been in the game for so many years it was considered part of wogic. Just like fountain pans.

This is not a complaint about the changes. It is a complaint about how the changes have been handled.

Please, for the love of god. Don't get your best customers pissed of and have them leave. Sure you have a lot of new people from Steam, but we all know that 95% of them will be gone in a month or two.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Zaugurz said:

(Resposting here, since it seems to be the right thread for it)

This has got to be the most ridiculous and short-sighted business decision I have seen in an online game in a very long time.

You have whales in the game. People who buy tons of silver and have dozens of accounts. You launch a new set of servers knowing they will be competitive as hell. And then 2.5 weeks into the server you sneak in a mega nerf/fix that specifically targets the whales knowing they paid a lot of money to be competitive.

I'm not personally invested in priests, but boy would I be upset if I was. And I can completely understand any big customers wanting to leave the game (or quit trying to compete on the new servers) after being treated this way.

Suggestion:

- If you think this was an "exploit" then roll back all priests channeling to zero and reimburse people the money/silver for any priest accounts they'd want reimbursed.

- If you don't think this was an "exploit" then undo the nerf and give us at least 1-2 month advance notice on the change.

The linking system had been in the game for so many years it was considered part of wogic. Just like fountain pans.

This is not a complaint about the changes. It is a complaint about how the changes have been handled.

Please, for the love of god. Don't get your best customers pissed of and have them leave. Sure you have a lot of new people from Steam, but we all know that 95% of them will be gone in a month or two.

We do not give advance warning on fixing things like this as it only gives people time to abuse it openly. This was more of an emergency change and will be reverted in the near future with an update to better fix the core issues that we could not address in the short term.

• Like 6

How long is the “future”? This screws over even the mid to early level priest stuff. 

Sign in to follow this