Sign in to follow this  
Davih

About Link heavy nerfs

Priest changes (these changes affect all servers):

• Fixed bug allowing more than intended priest links at one time
  • When linking you are now given a debuff that reduces your favor regen by 5x – this will also last for 15 minutes after you break a link
  • The minimum favor before being able to use the Favor for linked casts has been increased from 10 to 20

As always, i come late to the party, and while i never intended to abuse the bug (or even knew it was there)

I made 4 prem alts in order to make them priests and link them for favor regen early boost, they are currently at 24 faith. because i had this idea way too late.

Ofc there are people that planned better and took advantage of it since day 1 and are now extremely ahead compared to many other people.

The bugfix is undoubtably fair.

5x nerf is way too steep imho. and the other nerf (20 instead of 10) just piles up on an already extremely heavy nerf.
i purchased 2 months of prem for those 4 characters already and they're gonna be completely useless, as i'm sure many other people did.
This is pretty bad to be honest, it wasn't a bug abuse, it was an intended mechanic that was always there and could always be used like that, an adjustment is more then reasonable, but this is more like destroying a mechanic than adjusting it, and i honestly think that you should tune it down a little.

Multiaccount is always going to be rewarding for those who do it, you can make 8 alts and just do basically anything with them at the same time, as many people did in the past, so this looks like a very specific and uncalled for nerf to multiaccount for priests only.

I onestly think you overkilled it here.

• Like 2

That change from the blue is ridiculous. Priest channeling and faith grind is awful and should be redone. BUT. Do it, invent a new and actually enjoyable system FIRST.

EDIT: rant not including the fix for too many links allowed.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jakku said:

How did the bug even work?

Idk, i assume you could just link any amount of priests?

so ONCE AGAIN a change without discussion and to ###### people that premmed up multiple accounts just to use as batteries

good job on losing customers, my god you need to work on communication...

• Like 2

Another change without any discussion, pvp flashbacks

That's not how you run a game

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davih said:

Idk, i assume you could just link any amount of priests?

Na, there is someway around it. I was block by channeling skill for all my characters.

Proper customer support yeah. Why to discuss anything? Why to improve something when can be just nerfed instead withing a blink?

So they should ignore the people that grind to 90 channelling casting light token?

if they pay for premium, yes ofc

actually wait, how about changing the mechanic in itself that you cant infinately stack difficulties of spells on ###### low favor skills

actually, wait listen, how about.....DISCUSSING IT FIRST

This has got to be the most ridiculous and short-sighted business decision I have seen in an online game in a very long time.

You have whales in the game. People who buy tons of silver and have dozens of accounts. You launch a new set of servers knowing they will be competitive as hell. And then 2.5 weeks into the server you sneak in a mega nerf/fix that specifically targets the whales knowing they paid a lot of money to be competitive.

I'm not personally invested in priests, but boy would I be upset if I was. And I can completely understand any big customers wanting to leave the game (or quit trying to compete on the new servers) after being treated this way.

Suggestion:

- If you think this was an "exploit" then roll back all priests channeling to zero and reimburse people the money/silver for any priest accounts they'd want reimbursed.

- If you don't think this was an "exploit" then undo the nerf and give us at least 1-2 month advance notice on the change.

The linking system had been in the game for so many years it was considered part of wogic. Just like fountain pans.

This is not a complaint about the changes. It is a complaint about how the changes have been handled.

Please, for the love of god. Don't get your best customers pissed of and have them leave. Sure you have a lot of new people from Steam, but we all know that 95% of them will be gone in a month or two.

• Like 3

So what about people who got 55-70+ channeling already on the new server? Their skill getting reset or just screw the new server and once the word gets out people will quit in the mass?

• Like 1

Exploiters aren't a companies best customers. After the initial 2 month grind, none of those batteries will pay for premium again.

Edited by Kelody
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Zaugurz said:

This has got to be the most ridiculous and short-sighted business decision I have seen in an online game in a very long time.

You have whales in the game. People who buy tons of silver and have dozens of accounts. You launch a new set of servers knowing they will be competitive as hell. And then 2.5 weeks into the server you sneak in a mega nerf/fix that specifically targets the whales knowing they paid a lot of money to be competitive.

I'm not personally invested in priests, but boy would I be upset if I was. And I can completely understand any big customers wanting to leave the game (or quit trying to compete on the new servers) after being treated this way.

Suggestion:

- If you think this was an "exploit" then roll back all priests channeling to zero and reimburse people the money/silver for any priest accounts they'd want reimbursed.

- If you don't think this was an "exploit" then undo the nerf and give us at least 1-2 month advance notice on the change.

The linking system had been in the game for so many years it was considered part of wogic. Just like fountain pans.

This is not a complaint about the changes. It is a complaint about how the changes have been handled.

Please, for the love of god. Don't get your best customers pissed of and have them leave. Sure you have a lot of new people from Steam, but we all know that 95% of them will be gone in a month or two.

holy ###### thank you

i think the dev team just didnt have their thinking caps on

whoever green-lit this pile of ###### patch should rethink their decision to become a dev / project manager whoever the f it was

damn you guys are unbelievable

at this point i wouldnt be suprised if you'd perma ban the people who already made use of their batteries 😆

1 minute ago, Kelody said:

Exploiters aren't a companies best customers

oh so, the people who buy 20 battery alts, buy 36 months of premium for the lot of sleep powder arent good customers

thanks for your input my man

5 minutes ago, Zaugurz said:

I'd like to know how many actual new players there are, seems to be 98% existing or returning players.

idk why people who make a ###### ton of accounts assume the game will work in their favor. the majority of players play one account, so the game will always be designed around that. Common sense really.

no... nevermind. it makes sense. me pay money, me deserve the world. 

• Like 1

This is a short term solution due to potential abuses brought to our attention over the last week. We will be looking at the way linked priests work and how favour regeneration works and adjusting it as necessary in a coming update.

We aren't doing this with it being the plan moving forward. We will be addressing the entire linking issue. 

It sucks that a few ruined it for everyone but we all want an equal and fair playing field. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

This is a short term solution due to potential abuses brought to our attention over the last week. We will be looking at the way linked priests work and how favour regeneration works and adjusting it as necessary in a coming update.

We aren't doing this with it being the plan moving forward. We will be addressing the entire linking issue. 

It sucks that a few ruined it for everyone but we all want an equal and fair playing field. 

So you've known about if for a week, and just now have done something?

SO what you did was make it unfair, unbalanced and ruined it for everyone instead

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Whats being done with the abusers? You guys reset people who got above 45 archery. The  same measure needs to happen effective immediately.  This is a huge unfair advantage in pvp.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

So what about people who got 55-70+ channeling already on the new server? Their skill getting reset or just screw the new server and once the word gets out people will quit in the mass?

55+ isn't impossible through legit means by this time, especially with enough sleep powder and such.

2 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

55+ isn't impossible through legit means by this time, especially with enough sleep powder and such.

yea but unlikely someone did, so just nerf everyone past 50+ to 1!

Put a block on all channel gains.

Check each priest with a channel above some nominal number like 20 skill.

Review how many links they ever had at one time.  If more than their skill allowed for, reset to 1.

Too simple?  Seems fair?