Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Links and favor - I want a refund on all my accounts and silver purchased

In the same boat as Wurmhole.. I dont want a reimbursmenet though i just want a faithtransfer all my alts never even became priests but at least i would like to choose a different path now its blah.

Realistically I'm hoping the devs take a hard stance on this and first, roll back any accounts over 50-60 chan and then second if they feeling ballsy give these accounts 10day temp bans :) but we will see what the devs wanna do. Exploiting channeling is extremely op.    

Edited by FireHeart

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I can understand this feels frustrating, but there are reasons behind it.  

This is a short term solution due to potential abuses brought to our attention over the last week. We will be looking at the way linked priests work and how favour regeneration works and adjusting it as necessary in a coming update.

3 hours ago, Wurmfarm said:

We need to get at least a free faith transfer. never got to the point of grinding channeling now its nerfed.

-allow people to have moon metals for grinding * waits 1 week for removing moon metals * now people have seryll for grinding on  - no revert-

- allows people to use tons of alts and grind channeling for 1 week or more - removes the ability.

The groups that have you allowed to abuse these mechanics are going to be light years ahead in the economy. 

What on earth would a free faith transfer accomplish? Every priest has to grind channeling to cast spells.

25 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

I am unsure.  I had to walk away and take a breath.

Turns out it wasn't and there are just 2 really similar threads running at the moment.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BDCKoolaid said:

What on earth would a free faith transfer accomplish? Every priest has to grind channeling to cast spells.

I wondered this at first, then started thinking: What use are batteries?  Zero.  So those alts would not become priests, but rather would just be 30 faith followers.  That being the case, why be a follower of anything but Vyn, where you get the skill gains?  I'd change mine to Vyn in a heart beat.  Mag and Fo following as a non-priest just doesn't make much sense on a young server.  Later when you are plateauing on skills, at lavels you are comfortable with, then getting bonuses to imping seems interesting.

Something will need to be put in place I think. Honestly if I had the option just now I would want a refund (for my alts). The game sadly seems to be those in the know vs new. Don't get me wrong, knowledge is power but I just learnt about linking and not exploit version that seems to have been happening. With this, a few of my group decided to get additional prem chars (2-3). Now with us coming to the end of the faith grind and looking to priest these chars this comes along and nerfs the process. Rather than fix the issue with the exploit it shanks anyone who is just trying to get a foothold like others. I am aware that they are looking for a middle ground but that does not solve the problem that this game is based on grinding and changes like this will have a lasting impact on a player base that honestly is already pretty fragile.

37 minutes ago, sweatygopher said:

why are pvp changes being made to the pve servers?  This is silly

Unfortunately, most of the restrictions to PvE exist to attempt to balance PvP.  They refuse to split code - well except to create Wurm Unlimited, then the changed their minds and put a freeze on development there, to focus back on this.  Trust me, this battle goes nowhere, yet will always exist.

46 minutes ago, sweatygopher said:

why are pvp changes being made to the pve servers?  This is silly

Why would this be a pvp change? It affects all servers

8 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Is it just me or was this thread suddenly heavily edited?

Just you, only one post before yours was hidden. 

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Just you, only one post before yours was hidden. 

13 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Turns out it wasn't and there are just 2 really similar threads running at the moment.

Yeah, I already figured that out ;)

18 hours ago, Egard said:

Have you confirmed that in fact there was abuse going on or are you just speculating. There are other ways tow fix the issue without ruining a mechanic. 

Basically a BL alliance had loads of priests all linked up in order to grind a select few up high when ever people would go afk on their toons/use alts for it resulting in a way bigger group of linkers then "normal" when the "walk outside of favor transfer range to link more people together" bug was used

So ya its confirmed that there was a larger then normal group doing this long known way of grinding but what i wanna know is what skill was being used as there are a few problematic ones that interact weird with insane difficulty increases where as most skills dont do that so it might be a combination of a problematic skill+more then usual links

29 minutes ago, wipeout said:

Basically a BL alliance had loads of priests all linked up in order to grind a select few up high when ever people would go afk on their toons/use alts for it resulting in a way bigger group of linkers then "normal" when the "walk outside of favor transfer range to link more people together" bug was used

Are you claiming that a BL alliance used the walk out bug? If so, what server? Did you actually see it?

All you guys playing this game using all possible methods to get ahead no matter how ridiculous they are should be ashamed of themselves. People like you kill this game, take your 20 accounts and log off permanently. Heck, I would pay you for your lost money if you could guarantee never to show your face again, but you can't, because to me you are nothing more than a 0, and a 0s guarantee means exactly as much as it, 0.

Edited by agentusp

23 minutes ago, agentusp said:

All you guys playing this game using all possible methods to get ahead no matter how ridiculous they are should be ashamed of themselves. People like you kill this game, take your 20 accounts and log off permanently. Heck, I will pay you for your lost money as long as you guarantee never to show your face again, but you can't, because to me you are nothing more than a 0, and a 0s guarantee means exactly as much as it, 0.

Xf4XngZ.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IllusiveEn said:

Xf4XngZ.jpg

Bravo, you have your stuff figured out, must be really satisfying to be you.

Just now, agentusp said:

Bravo, you have your stuff figured out, must be really satisfying to be you.

It is pretty satisfying :)  Thanks

30 minutes ago, IllusiveEn said:

It is pretty satisfying :)  Thanks

I have been looking at the screenshot a bit longer, i start to understand that way of playing. It can indeed be satisfying. Thank you for that new perspective. However, we still must consider Wurm as a whole, and think not only of ourselves but of the people we play with. All those that use ways like these can't possibly think that they are set in stone and will never change. Changes like these are called balancing for a reason, leaving those "features" inside the game creates huge gaps in the long run. And while it is nice to be on a power trip inside a game, you are, in essence laying waste to the playing field. For the past decade and a half I have been part of many launches, new servers, kingdoms feature introductions and what not. And it always follows the same pattern, stuff that just works too well for the benefit of a select few is always an accelerator of population decline. I have been there, i used to love abusing every exploit or advantage i knew of and yes, i was playing the game but i also was a parasite, to me, I was a 0. I know how hard it is when suddenly something that used to work does no longer. But it is no reason to make the devs life harder for it.

Edited by agentusp
  • Like 1

Aaaand its basically fixed with this update, no more drama unless you had 10 batteries

As a new player id like to jump in and ask what the deal is with linking? Ive never quite understood it from reading the wiki. I come from a unlimited server where every priest had the same spells and could pray an unlimited amount per day. Ive never had to use it and dont understand how it works, or quite frankly how the exploit made linking good. If someone could do an ELI5 id appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Scythe said:

As a new player id like to jump in and ask what the deal is with linking? Ive never quite understood it from reading the wiki. I come from a unlimited server where every priest had the same spells and could pray an unlimited amount per day. Ive never had to use it and dont understand how it works, or quite frankly how the exploit made linking good. If someone could do an ELI5 id appreciate it.

@ScytheYou can "link" one priest to another priest and allow the 2nd priest to use your accumulated favor as their own in addition to their own. The more links, the more total favor pool you have to cast with on the "linked to" priest.

The idea of the exploit is that you have so many priests lending you their favor via links that they passively regenerate favor more quickly than you can spend it even when casting constantly. Thus allowing a priest to grind their channeling much more quickly by casting spells more frequently and with no breaks between casts.