Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Links and favor - I want a refund on all my accounts and silver purchased

Thank you Wurm.  You ruined this experience of a new server launch for me.  I am so frustrated right now.  What is the point of having links at all with this patch?  Favor debuff is incredibly harsh.  Naturally, everyone that has had the benefit will keep their benefit.  Congrats for insuring an imbalance of power yet again.  I can't believe I've spent hundreds of dollars on this launch.  Never again.

• Like 8

I feel sorry for those who didnt get the channeling before this nerf....

It's a tremendous nerf to grinding.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

You would think it would have happened with the massive priest overhaul but now of all times a massive game changing nurf to priest outta nowhere... wth

So they plan to set all  the skill gain back to 0 for players that used it ?

Did they not test this stuff out ?

• Like 1

I hope the guys that used it get a rollback of channeling gain

• Like 5

This isn't a new bug. I have used it to some effect in the past, was easy with 2s alts. It just wasn't an issue because for $50 you could buy a 50 channeling priest anyway. It becomes an issue when used on a clean server, and from what I hear, in some cases over used.  The link bug I think is the bigger issue, getting around the 1 link per skill.

This is just how the game goes, someone exploits, doesn't get punished for it, and then everyone else gets whacked for it, but the exploiter gets to keep his skill/items.

One day, they'll learn, but I won't hold my breath.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

So they plan to set all  the skill gain back to 0 for players that used it ?

Did they not test this stuff out ?

They better not I obeyed channeling / linking rules, didnt even know there was a bug. I just hit 50 channeling last night...

I can understand this feels frustrating, but there are reasons behind it.  

This is a short term solution due to potential abuses brought to our attention over the last week. We will be looking at the way linked priests work and how favour regeneration works and adjusting it as necessary in a coming update.

the problem is it always takes ages to adjust and the rest lose out and on a new pvp server creates an automatic imbalance.

Would be nice for a clear statement on whether or not Wurm Devs/GMs can easily tell who exploited.
Because please roll back the exploiters. 
Ya'll ban people for simple afk macros who "get ahead" unfairly. Please be harsher on exploiters. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

This is a short term solution due to potential abuses brought to our attention over the last week. We will be looking at the way linked priests work and how favour regeneration works and adjusting it as necessary in a coming update.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

but a raid ban is put into effect right away, ecks dee

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

About my refund...  Let's see what your solution is first.  It would be great if you posted soul crushing patch notes like this with a "TEMPORARY EMERGENCY" label, like you do on PVP bans.

17 minutes ago, Oreo said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

but a raid ban is put into effect right away, ecks dee

Sorry if you misread that before replying.  

The abuses were happening over the past week, we were informed about 12 hours ago, and took this action. 

That actually helps clarify.  It did sound pretty bad the way it was stated before

Glad I decided to not go for link grinding (or at least big into it). RIP the $14-$140 people spent thinking they could do what they’ve been able to do for a long time previously. 

(for people using the legitimate number of links per 10 skill)

Edited by LionIX
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Have you confirmed that in fact there was abuse going on or are you just speculating. There are other ways tow fix the issue without ruining a mechanic. 

16 minutes ago, Egard said:

Have you confirmed that in fact there was abuse going on or are you just speculating. There are other ways tow fix the issue without ruining a mechanic. 

The people demanding refunds for a dozen accounts pretty much sums up if there was abuse going on.

• Like 3

We need to get at least a free faith transfer. never got to the point of grinding channeling now its nerfed.

-allow people to have moon metals for grinding * waits 1 week for removing moon metals * now people have seryll for grinding on  - no revert-

- allows people to use tons of alts and grind channeling for 1 week or more - removes the ability.

The groups that have you allowed to abuse these mechanics are going to be light years ahead in the economy. 

So they should reward people for failing to abuse a mechanic :)

Fountain pans, mooring ropes, etc.  When a mechanic is in the game for years, it gets adopted and used by more and more people, until it seems an accepted way to play the game.  I would have gone this route, based on how long this has been part of the game, but sadly I'd not reached 30 faith yet on any priests.  However, I've already premmed ~8 alts and have another 30 ready to go.  The primary function for premming so many is for a huge sermon group to crank up faith to 100 and be done with sermons.

I'm not a fan of how priests work.  I never have.  I hate religion period, but I like the idea of magic.  I want to cast spells and cast them well.  Wurm however wants us to play with gods and do all kinds of silly rituals to earn our magic spells.  So many things in the game virtually require the use of spells, to get the most of the game, so we are stuck with it.  For someone that like to be fully independent, that means having every priest type and grinding up to use them.

So with or without the link flaws, I and I'm sure many others would have many priests for sermon groups and normal linking for favor pools.  Sure, I'll stop prem on 25 of my accounts, once I hit 100 on all my priests faith, but that is still great income for the game.  After, I'll keep 3-8 priests running, plus my main crafter, unless the favor nerf stays active.  If it does, I'll probably just keep my one main account, but probably toss it too, as I enjoyed the spells I had from priests.

4 minutes ago, Kelody said:

The people demanding refunds for a dozen accounts pretty much sums up if there was abuse going on.

Its one thing to have batteries and use them as links properly, Its another exploit. If it was exploited by someone then they should be punished. Temp ban with skill lost. 

• Like 1

Painful words atm but: Multiple accounts should never be rewarded. More money to be made by more actual players not few elites with multiple accounts.
Why else? Many reasons that boil down to just good game design. But if you need a clearer reason just look at all the salt every time an exploit is caught.

Too bad forums don't warrant learning and discussion. Just egos and Dumpster + Fire.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red said:

Painful words atm but: Multiple accounts should never be rewarded. More money to be made by more actual players not few elites with multiple accounts.
Why else? Many reasons that boil down to just good game design. But if you need a clearer reason just look at all the salt every time an exploit is caught.

Too bad forums don't warrant learning and discussion. Just egos and Dumpster + Fire.

The entire linking system should never have existed to begin with for exactly those reasons, especially with some spells even requiring it due to them needing more than 100 favor.

I get that they wanted people to work together, but instead you just end up with people owning multiple priests of the same type. Not to mention them doubling down on it with the Journal requirement for casting a global spell.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 1