Sign in to follow this  
Tilda

Legacy vs Modern renderer- no unicorn color

After months of not being able to figure out why I can no longer see color on conditioned unicorns ( and bugging everyone I know asking if they can still see them), thanks to a friend's suggestion I finally know the answer. I am on the modern renderer, however putting an alt on the legacy renderer, they can see the colors just fine. In the modern one, if I stand right next to the creature I might see a hint of a hint of a hint of color but no more than that and with great eye strain :).

So, maybe not a 'bug' as such, but surely the more up to date renderer should be able to show the colors the same as the old one? I am not yet using the new UI but I suspect that won't affect it anyway. I have checked all my settings and everything is at max, have tried turning some things off and on, like shadows and ambient occlusion etc, no change in the lack of color.

So any thoughts please on what if anything I can change in the modern renderer settings to bring back my blue and green and purple unicorns?

(ps lots of things look a bit different on the legacy renderer, for example on that I can still see the blue glowy runes on magic chests, on modern I can't)

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 2

The modern renderer seems to struggle with colour a lot, creatures colouration like you've described is one thing. I've also seen many instances of dyes not working properly. I dyed a barding purple and in modern renderer its grey >.< The glows/colours on moonmetal are also muted in the modern renderer. 

• Like 1

I do remember there were issues with dye when the renderer was new, because all of my dyed items like carts etc became some faded color nothing like what it had been before (and there were particular problems with all black items). I know they did some work on that problem after much fuss was made about it, and my carts etc are now back to the color they were orginally. So whatever they did back then to address that for some reason just didn't fully do the job clearly. I actually took a break right after that because I was ticked off about 'losing' all my dyed objects (which I had spent a good amount of silver on).

oh well, hopefully someone on dev team can take a minute to look at this and tell us if there is any plan to address it further.

Linking these two threads (there are more older ones too ofc)