Sign in to follow this  
Ginodeal

Melody Dirt shortage

Hello, a group of old time wurmians and my self have started our journey once again in wurm. Seems like anywhere we go we’re having dirt issues. Anyone else experiencing this?   

• Like 1

On Indy, If i hit rock, I'd just bury it. On Melody, I try to find a balance between height and surface mining. Digging a little deeper into the high areas than I would on other servers. This has allowed me a fairly large flat farm. It's definitely a challenge, but one that can be overcome.

The dirt layer at the steppe around M24 and its coast is effectively no existent.

Edited by lagston

23 hours ago, lagston said:

The dirt layer at the steppe around M24 and its coast is effectively no existent.

Time to start dredging then...

• Like 2

yeah the dirt level is lower on the whole cluster didn't you know this?

i think on xan it's like 50 here it's like 10.

yeah if you do hit rock pls drop 1 dirt down on it so trees and whatnot can regrow. been trying to dig sustainably so we don't end up with a barren wasteland, so far all the islands look pretty awesome.. cad, mel and harm

Some areas have little to no dirt. The vast majority of Melody that i've done digging on has 20-30 dirt deep except hill sides. It does present issues finding enough dirt to fill areas or flatten areas. I've had to do far more surface mining than in the past. On Indy, there is so much dirt, it's easy to dig out an area and get a flat spot. Finding rock on the other hand on Indy can be a challenge.