Sign in to follow this  
Egard

Moon metal (DEFIANCE PVP)

Moon metal causes a huge unbalance in PvP, suggestion fix that for a fresh new server :

Remove the ability to create weapons or armor with Moon metal. 

Leave moon metal to be used only for tools and such. 

• Like 14

Actually. sure, yeah. If we're going to bomb sorcery items and teleports and all that weird new stuff that was added over Epic, then let's do moonmetals too.

• Like 2

Moon metals make the strong stronger, and is thus not good for balance. Let's stop this whilst we still can.

• Like 1

+1 to removing MM wep/armor creation. Bring it back to the basics. 

Huge +1 from me here, and now's the best time to do it - when there's a minimal amount of moon metal on the server. You could even keep the existing weapons/armour in the game as a form of "player made artifact".

Keeping moon metal in the game as it is is basically dooming the end game to being all about these metals, all the variety in gear choice that we're currently seeing will be gone.

Edited by BrokenSanity

Moon metal allows certain groups or kingdom to snow ball essentially and causes a huge unbalance. We have the ability with a fresh new server to prevent that snow ball effect. 

Optionally: keep MM but let it be as good as steel. MM essentially become bling bling cosmetic skins then.

• Like 2

We are open to reducing how good MM is compared to other gear, but totally removing it is not really an option at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darklords said:

We are open to reducing how good MM is compared to other gear, but totally removing it is not really an option at this point.

Its not a total remove. Give MM other bonuses in other areas like imp speed, shatter resistance, creation ql, and such. 

unknown.png

If MM is changed to only be slightly better it will still be better no matter what still causing the unbalance and snow ball effect. If you decide to go that route make it so there is a downside to MM even if its slightly better. Every other metal has a perk and down side basically.

unknown.png

Edited by Egard

2 minutes ago, Darklords said:

I guess weapons and armors made out of MM can be reduced to their iron equivalent, so they are cosmetic only ?

Also to keep hota relevant maybe it can be enhanced with other goodies similar to what the depot spits out on epic ?

• Like 3

Why is removing the bonus they get to armor/weapons not an option? We're not saying remove moonmetals ENTIRELY, just the bonuses they grant specifically to weapons and armor (damage, attack speed, movement/glance/DR/etc)

20 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Stolen idea.
Whats everyone's thoughts on just making the gear take 5x-10x the imp cost. 
I understand snowballing, but how many of you played on wild, where drake/scale was extremely rare and low in numbers, It made killing these individuals extremely rewarding and a reason to go out and try to kill people for their gear.

I agree with the current system over time everyone will just have moon metal armor/weapons, but changing it where all moon metal items takes 5x-10x the imp cost it will slow down a lot of new armor/weapons coming into the system, and encourage people to always try to do the hota to maintain their weapons or try to get enough to make one for themselves. 

True, camps just give out way too much. Make stuff more aligned and simple - that may give smaller group chance to outsmart big dogs.

22 minutes ago, FireHeart said:

Stolen idea.
Whats everyone's thoughts on just making the gear take 5x-10x the imp cost. 
I understand snowballing, but how many of you played on wild, where drake/scale was extremely rare and low in numbers, It made killing these individuals extremely rewarding and a reason to go out and try to kill people for their gear.

I agree with the current system over time everyone will just have moon metal armor/weapons, but changing it where all moon metal items takes 5x-10x the imp cost it will slow down a lot of new armor/weapons coming into the system, and encourage people to always try to do the hota to maintain their weapons or try to get enough to make one for themselves. 

Options like making them harder to improve/take more damage are defiantly on the table along with other re balance.  We are open to finding a good middle ground for them but removing the ability to craft some things with it is not the route we would prefer to go.

14 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Options like making them harder to improve/take more damage are defiantly on the table along with other re balance.  We are open to finding a good middle ground for them but removing the ability to craft some things with it is not the route we would prefer to go.

When you say harder to improve what do you mean by that, like can you explain, im a noob. Also I think making them take a lot more dmg like 10x-20x more would help achieve the same goal of needing to constantly maintain them and hence slow down more being made into the world and keeping them rare.

Also my suggestion doesnt say anything about removing the ability to craft thigns, just increasing the lump cost to improving them dramatically 5x-10x more. 

Edited by FireHeart

13 minutes ago, FireHeart said:

When you say harder to improve what do you mean by that, like can you explain, im a noob. Also I think making them take a lot more dmg like 10x-20x more would help achieve the same goal of needing to constantly maintain them and hence slow down more being made into the world and keeping them rare.

Also my suggestion doesnt say anything about removing the ability to craft thigns, just increasing the lump cost to improving them dramatically 5x-10x more. 

Sorry the removal part was more clumping some others peoples suggestions into 1 reply, as far as improving goes that is how you increase the quality of items so making it harder would make it take more time/materials to get to the desired quality level.

5 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Sorry the removal part was more clumping some others peoples suggestions into 1 reply, as far as improving goes that is how you increase the quality of items so making it harder would make it take more time/materials to get to the desired quality level.

Gotcha, making them harder to improve and take more time/material I think is a must so that it slows down the rate that new gear is put in, and also require constant maintenance if you increase the dmg done to them.

I like the thinking.. its sort of "he made MM gear, but i dont have it, so lets nerf his gear making it harder to maintain".. then nerf happens. 4 months down the line same dude will cry again saying that the MM dude now wastes all MM to maintain his gear anyways, but there are none left for others to craft things.. and always backing everything on the "balance" lmao

I mean, sure, you can remove everything on defiance i guess for all i care.. remove uniques - they will unbalance things when get killed. Remove offensive priest spells - that also unbalances things as one has it, another isnt a priest. Damn, make it easy - remove everything and give everyone a shovel so all are fair and square equal :D

Edited by Skatyna

2 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

I like the thinking.. its sort of "he made MM gear, but i dont have it, so lets nerf his gear making it harder to maintain".. then nerf happens. 4 months down the line same dude will cry again saying that the MM dude now wastes all MM to maintain his gear anyways, but there are none left for others to craft things.. and always backing everything on the "balance" lmao

more so, you want to keep the rarity of the item, couple months down the road everyone will have it, kinda gets bland, but if they are kept rare will feel good to kill someone and get their rare item.

Main problem with MM is the fact that over time it loses its rarity due to an increasing stockpile with a reduced player count to use it isn't it? I like the idea of making MM creation/imping tools only for the permanent stock, but losing MM weapons entirely would be a shame as i like the idea of having something that requires pvp/roaming to get (screw rifts), personally i'd put a bunch of random enchanted ones in hota statue when you win hota/maybe a chance on the supreme+ chest things but have them work like unrechargable artifacts, after like a week or two they go back into the ground and you have to get a new one from a chest/hota, not sure how many people like the idea of it but personally i think it'd make going out and exploring for hota/chests more contested if they were the only source of top tier weapons, having things that promote roaming is always good. If there's maybe 10-15 MM weapons in total for a population of a few hundred, they don't have much of an impact on bigger fights. Eventually with the infinite supply, unless you make them require absurd amounts of MM to re-imp eventually everyone's going to have them and they'll be mandatory to be competitive. Alternatively, just make them in line with other player made metals like steel, but a massive bonus to damage reduction/ql loss repairing would be nice.

35 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Main problem with MM is the fact that over time it loses its rarity due to an increasing stockpile with a reduced player count to use it isn't it? I like the idea of making MM creation/imping tools only for the permanent stock, but losing MM weapons entirely would be a shame as i like the idea of having something that requires pvp/roaming to get (screw rifts), personally i'd put a bunch of random enchanted ones in hota statue when you win hota/maybe a chance on the supreme+ chest things but have them work like unrechargable artifacts, after like a week or two they go back into the ground and you have to get a new one from a chest/hota, not sure how many people like the idea of it but personally i think it'd make going out and exploring for hota/chests more contested if they were the only source of top tier weapons, having things that promote roaming is always good. If there's maybe 10-15 MM weapons in total for a population of a few hundred, they don't have much of an impact on bigger fights. Eventually with the infinite supply, unless you make them require absurd amounts of MM to re-imp eventually everyone's going to have them and they'll be mandatory to be competitive. Alternatively, just make them in line with other player made metals like steel, but a massive bonus to damage reduction/ql loss repairing would be nice.

I like this a lot, actually. Would also be neat if lumps/permanent MM weapons were specifically tied to valrei rewards (assuming the idea that missions will be made more pvp encouraging/roam encouraging is kept) and that it'd be harder to actually improve them- making it a long effort over time to create these particularly strong weapons.

Temporary ones from HoTA/chests both encourage roaming to find them, and also encourages people to use them by roaming before the weapon/armor eventually expires.

Alota good ideas, keeping them strong,but making them rarer sound like the best option. Wana make it even better, add a special forge of mag midmap that is the only one capable of heating up moonmetal to forge and imp it. So you have to risk it for the biscuit to get the metal, and shape the metal, and Everytime you want to imp the metal. Could be a mobile event or a permanent structure.