Sign in to follow this  
Badgers

Tree Farm Tunnel

Always wanted to try to do this so here we go!

Tree Farm Tunnel

wSFpU6v.png

This is a Boat/Highway tunnel project going from r16 to the south coast at s16 between the two deeds of Groots Tree Farm and Tree Farm Tunnel.

The goal is to allow ships of all sizes quick access from the South Coast to the Centre of the map.

We realise this early on it is an ambitious project but we have alerted all our neighbours, have made sure nobody is currently in the path of the route. This post is more to make aware any new players that wish to settle in the area.

Until a little bit more work is started off on the tunnel we are currently not looking for helpers but later on any community support would be great. However with that being said any support beam donations will never be turned away!

If anyone has any questions of concerns about the project they can post here or contact Pythius ingame as he is leading the tunnel project.

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

Xug7j8v.jpg

Progress update: Tunnel work is ongoing and if you are travelling down the highway between Groots Tree Farm and Lunarsky there currently is no way through until we get the bridge up over the canal. Divet up toward Mountain Ville and head south from there if you are on a cart or wagon - sorry!

If you are interested in helping please contact the project manager of the tunnel ingame: Pythius

It may still be too early for this but we are also looking for help with 10 strongwalls.

Currently there is Iron and Copper inside the tunnel if you are nearby and just want to mine those veins for the resources let us know for access.

Support Beam donations would still be greatly appreciated ^_^

• Like 1

Looking good!  Best of luck on this civic project!

Is there already access from center ocean to dorito lake?

Yeah, been making a lot of progress on it recently. Entrance/exit both terraformed. You can drive a cart all the way through from one end to the other. However there is still some of the rocktiles still to mine out, ceilings still need levelling in about half of it. Also about half the sidewall reinforcements are done at the moment. Not to mention there is a lot of veins - though only 1 vein needs to be mined out to turn it into a sailboat/knarr canal. About 10 more will need mining out for larger boats.

I'd say the project is about halfway complete.

If there is still copper available, I'd be willing to come take a bit out for you. Probably won't put a huge dent in it, but I'll take what I can.

There is no more copper available at the moment, that vein was mined out just a couple of days ago. Right now we have; Iron, Zinc, Lead and Sandstone that is in the way. We also have Tin in the side wall which is not a priority but it's there.

Message Pythius ingame for anyone wishing to help

Edited by Badgers

Hear ye, hear ye!

Now open for Knarrs, Sailing/row boats, and land travel! 

Corbita, Cog, and Caravel access is still in progress. 

Edited by Toby

The Canal is open for Knarr, Sail/Row Boats now from north side to south side. Still a couple of Veins in the way, but overall open for business for shallow boating.

• Like 1

Some flattening, reinforcing and paving still needs done too if anyone wishes to help.

Besides the ore veins still needing cleared 

Edited by Toby

Now accessible by all ships!

Some veins need removed, and we need reinforcements

• Like 1