Sign in to follow this  
Huserx

Large Boat Cabin Instance

Using something like the mine and bridge transitions. Accessible from a top deck clickable hatch within reach of the drivers seat. That leads to a pre-fab enclosed 1-2 or 2-3 tile cabin accessible from the larger ships. Inside of which are pre-placed unfinished items or slots where a captain could build additions like a captains bed for sleep bonus, a small altar for faith, a mini stove for small scale cooking and smithing, a garden rack for veggies, fish storage etc.

Turning ships into a mobile living space, if deed profitability loss is a concern place a reasonably small upkeep on the instance cabin.

that would be hell to implement

And where that location must lay? no way it will be personal locations for every ship

Edited by Pankivtanke

I am no developer, and I may be dreaming, but perhaps one possible solution to your response is.

The cabin could be a hidden or invisible bottom floor/level of the ship linked to the Ships location like a house floor and it would be like going up/down a ladder in a house.

The cabin's location would be tied to the ships location and follow it around, a 1x1, 1x2 or 2x3 windowless wooden walled cabin (house).

Hidden from view unless inside of it.

Edited by Huserx

Actually not having instance but using inside of boat to have room you can enter through hatch would be quite cool. Although i'm afraid current ships may be too small for it to fit some furniture while you're at it, and would have to implement hell of collision on boat objects.. But immersion feeling would be priceless

46 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Actually not having instance but using inside of boat to have room you can enter through hatch would be quite cool. Although i'm afraid current ships may be too small for it to fit some furniture while you're at it, and would have to implement hell of collision on boat objects.. But immersion feeling would be priceless

It could always act as a "Tardis" type deal - where the inside is bigger than it looks from the outside.

Might be a bit jarring, I'm not sure.

+1 for boat interiors though! :D

really wonder when will the day come where ppl will finally realise that wurm is open word mmo so no instanced locations will ever be implemented. 

• Like 1

I'd love to see the change, where you could walk around the bigger ships, such as the Caravel, the Cog and the Corbita, but probably this will never be implemented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skatyna said:

really wonder when will the day come where ppl will finally realise that wurm is open word mmo so no instanced locations will ever be implemented. 

It doesn't have to be an 'instance' - It could work like how entering from the overworld into the mineworld works, where the entrance is essentially a teleporter that moves you between the 2 worlds.

Everyone would be free to come and go, it would be more like a 1-3 tile mine that moves.

Much like how this works: