Sign in to follow this  
Aaddil

Desert Map

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone that knows the creation of maps could slap together a 4096x size that is all sand. with whatever kind of spawn of clays/peats/moss/tar. one big like least 2000 landmass in center with raised mountain in middle. deep sand like 200-300 to rock level. No grass/forests/steppe please. Would be used for solo use most likely so being public release would be fine with me. Can't find a comparable release like this.

On 8/8/2020 at 7:17 AM, Aaddil said:

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone that knows the creation of maps could slap together a 4096x size that is all sand. with whatever kind of spawn of clays/peats/moss/tar. one big like least 2000 landmass in center with raised mountain in middle. deep sand like 200-300 to rock level. No grass/forests/steppe please. Would be used for solo use most likely so being public release would be fine with me. Can't find a comparable release like this.

No vegetation at all, anywhere on the map? Many animals would die of starvation if they had nothing to graze on...

Players would have to eat only raw meat.  There would be no ability to make tools or weapons.

Edited by Batta

I started working on the map you requested, despite the unplayable nature of it, but found that it takes FOREVER to load that much of a dirt (sand) layer onto the map maker.  Literally hours, on the same system that usually takes me about 2 minutes.  Might be more workable on a smaller map?  Or with some other mapmaker than WGenerator.

• Like 1

i tried it too with 300 sand but it really needs to long to load! so its better to only have 40 sand on one tile, aaddil!

but if you really want more on one tile then you should use the wand and spawn it! the command for that is in the wurm wiki i think.

or maybe there is a mod for dropping more sand? i dont know!

update:

the zip-file:

Desert.7z

Edited by Zaidonia
update with a file
  • Like 1

Thank you both for your time. Sorry been away awhile but I'm back. I did not have replies set to email. Thank you so much. This is kind of for a hardcore experiment like trader purchase of dirt or sprouts. Will allow me to make a starter city that one depends on at start nearly 100%. Likely this will be single player only I can't imagine someone else being attracted to this madness. I will let you know. When I get it going ill post pictures.

k41h3hH.jpg

Edited by Aaddil