Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Show characteristic loss on wounds

An extension to the first aid showing wound healing speed idea that was added, add info on reduced characteristics aswell, with more info at higher first aid. Many people don't know that wounds reduce characteristics based on where the wound is and often ask questions like why they're moving so slow when they're not encumbered, why they lost an action queue, why they got a popup saying they can't steal anymore etc.

example would be like low first aid - the fracture on your leg is reducing your strength and carrying capacity, higher first aid would give you a rough estimate of how much you're losing.

• Like 13

Gets my vote, it's sometimes hard to explain why reduced characteristics are affecting skills, so a visual explanation on the wound itself would be far easier to convey.

• Like 1

Yes, this would be an awesome change! Just seeing a wound affects something at all would already make a huge difference, especially for newbies.

I'd be curious how it'd display it- there's some things those wounds don't seem to affect for some reason. I.e you might have your body control lowered below 20.50 and get the message "you may no longer steal", but are still able to ride horses.

Maybe have each wound display a debuff "Due to your head/arm/etc wound, your [Stat] is impaired."?

Would definitely help, a person in pain usually knows why they are incapable of doing something if it's the pain that's stopping them.

• Like 1