Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 08/AUG/20

PatchNotes-1.jpg
  • Change: Spearfishing tweaks
    • Reduced difficulty of catching fish with a spear and while net fishing
    • Spearing your own foot is now less likely and results in less damage
  • Bugfix: Meditation cooldowns will properly transfer between Northern Freedom PvP and PvE servers (to/from Defiance), since the skill is shared.
  • Bugfix: Fixed sleep bonus running too slow and too fast due to server lag.
    Note: Testing results may vary as the time sleep bonus lasts for is also affected by the Fats bar (CCFP) – https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Cooking#Benefits
  • Bugfix: Fixed cases where incorrect improve icons would show after tempering a high quality item
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix: Fixed cases where incorrect improve icons would show after tempering a high quality item

nice

28 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

• Change: Spearfishing tweaks
    • Reduced difficulty of catching fish with a spear
    • Spearing your own foot is now less likely and results in less damage

Cheers!  This will help the new players alot who don't want to have to deal with a rod & reel.

Just now, Tristanc said:

Cheers!  This will help the new players alot who don't want to have to deal with a rod & reel.

Still not going to do it.  Tried 4 times with my long spear, each miss was 0.5 damage to the spear.  Nope, I'll whack a bear for meat before I beat my spear to pieces.

Just now, Fengist said:

Still not going to do it.  Tried 4 times with my long spear, each miss was 0.5 damage to the spear.  Nope, I'll whack a bear for meat before I beat my spear to pieces.

33 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Spearing your own foot is now less likely and results in less damage

31 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Note: Testing results may vary as the time sleep bonus lasts for is also affected by the Fats bar (CCFP)

By how much does the fats bar actually affect sleep bonus time?

1 minute ago, Nordlys said:

Spearing your own foot is now less likely and results in less damage

I read that as less damage to my foot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LeafLife said:

By how much does the fats bar actually affect sleep bonus time?

33% extra at 100 fats, scaling linearly

• Like 1

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

33% extra at 100 fats, scaling linearly

wow that is pretty significant

Nope, not doing it.  Attempted to spear 2 fish.  Missed both times.  18q junk spear went from 0 to 3.34 damage.  3rd attempt, fish too small, 3.46 damage.  Back to hunting bears for food. 

after the patch.

Edited by Fengist

15 minutes ago, Fengist said:

Nope, not doing it.  Attempted to spear 2 fish.  Missed both times.  18q junk spear went from 0 to 3.34 damage.  3rd attempt, fish too small, 3.46 damage.  Back to hunting bears for food. 

after the patch.

No one is forcing you to use spear fishing. But after the patch it is supposedly better for those using it. To be fair, im not using spear fishing much either.

• Like 1

Before the patch: caught 2 roach and damaged my foot 3 times.

After the patch: caught 4 roach, 2 perch, 1 brook trout until the first and only time I hit my foot.

Acknowledging that my fishing skill went from 1 to 4 before the patch, and 4 to 7 or 8 after the patch, it's still a great deal less unpleasant to spearfish now and I'm very glad they made the change.

This was with my new Harmony character, thus the low skills.

• Like 4

Has anyone every killed themselves before this patch by repeated spear to the foot & what would such a message be? Questions that I'll never have answers to now that they made it easier!

Good patch though.

1 hour ago, Jotz said:

Has anyone every killed themselves before this patch by repeated spear to the foot & what would such a message be? Questions that I'll never have answers to now that they made it easier!

Good patch though.

I did manage to kill my alt via taking a 98 damage wound and the resulting "healing tick" killed it. This was almost right after the fishing system was release and I was using a 93ql enchanted spear tbf though.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this