Sign in to follow this  
Lifewarden

Fo priest armor: cloth or leather?

Good day to you!

I'm trying to weight the pros and cons of both variants but just can't decide what would work best for general exploration. Cloth looks cool, definitely doesn't hinder spellcasting and favor regen and is light, while leather protects better and seemingly doesn't hinder spells and favor regen(?) (not sure about that but wiki says it's the same +30% bonus as cloth). There is probably lots of factors that I do not know about so if you have some suggestions I'd love to see your opinion on the matter

Edited by Lifewarden
  • Like 1

Definitely go for leather.

Cloth is practically not even armour.
Leather has no drawbacks to priest abilities and it still gives a decent protection.

• Like 2

After a certain point though, you can swap to cloth if you want. I usually roll in cloth on southern freedom isles (80 FS, 2-h LT sword)

• Like 2

As John states, leather is perfectly fine for spell casting, same as cloth.

Its basically a personal preference issue, do you want some more variants you go for cloth, and for best defence of the two you go for leather.

leather has slightly less favor regen than cloth but it's unnoticeable, you might have to wait 5-10 seconds more to cast a spell at max. cloth has good dodging but when you get hit you'll get chunked (and you have a CR penalty while casting so you get hit a lot). Leather is generally gonna be the better option unless the toon is reasonably strong then at that point you can go with any armor really

• Like 1

If you intend to fight then leather

If you intend to run away then cloth

• Like 3

oh, yes! Oakshell looks fantastic but that would require a couple'o'years of skilling channeling and faith gains to really be viable probably? I just started the path of the priest a day ago >.< I'm all over the weaponless/armorless combat style but I read that even with bearpaws and a very decent strength unarmed combat is less than viable (prob mainly due to lack of enchants?) I plan to use a silver staff

not really. it needs 35 faith and 20 favour to cast, so its early access priest spell. with 30ish channelling skill you will get descent power on it as its low difficulty spell. I think about it as a plate set armour, with the spell cast power being that said plate set QL in terms of protection.  And since you are actually naked, you dont have any weight to carry, dont have movement penalty and none of the penalties for spell casting.

Unarmed combat is a joke in wurm, worse than dual wielding :D

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 1

it's just I had planned to purchase that sweet Q93 AoSP armor set >.> which should be around 55% dam reduction(?) and with some massive retaliation on top. And I'll have all the favor in the world to spam morning fog whenever <.< But yah, if I can reliably get the same level of protection I'd later switch to Oakshell only for sure (just for RP reasons)

My Fo Priest wears Cloth 90+ Ql and it is surprisingly good against Trolls and other Mobs but NOT good against Lava Fiends and and other fire types.

My other 2 Alts wear studded leather as it is the ' Jack of all Trades' armor = not the best at anything but not the worst either and give good mobility  as well.

I wear Black Drake and while it is the overall best IMO I would not suggest spending the exorbitant amounts people charge for a set as it is not immensely better than studded leather. [ it's better but not 10x better ]