Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

Planter racks - do you know who owns the biggest lair of herbs in wurm?

Me wonders.. who might be having the biggest setup for harvesting herbs in the game, also on side note.. what do you do with all that spice if not a secret?

What I have is casual 30x planter racks in 2 lines of 15, each with 30 planters total of 900 planters. 
#casual

Spoiler

2778f2f573484dcb1d11676a6789e8fa.jpg

What I plan to do with them? The worst ofc..

Just restocking for hfc(affinity pizzas) 50% of the deal.. rest or majority should eventually go down for beverages grind.. probably don't need too many to 90-99 it.

Oh you might want a bit of good laugh, at the moment my gardening is 74, so there's that, I'm a bit lazy to 90/+ it for now :)

--edit

Spoiler

cb5971305d7508c9bead8a9ca04eedbb.png
ee6aaa6476fd4a7347360d1622e3ce47.png

#TeaMaking

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 3
  • Cat 1

Plan on doing something similar once setup on Northern Islands - Not sure i'll go quite that big a herb farm though :D

Do you have any other collections like that?

• Like 1

Not planters, but grape and hops trellis. At the moment ~1k grape trellis, 700 hop trellis.

Lower area - on right grape trellis

Spoiler

8LhNNt3.jpg8LhNNt3.jpg

Upper area - left hops, right grapes

Spoiler

rITcB2v.jpg

Some more pics

Spoiler

Fmqs8lw.jpg

zNWayjJ.jpg

EDIT 2022 - Sadly this no longer exists :(

Edited by Martynas5
  • Like 6

I used to have lovage, abit before they nerfed lib priest sacing

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

Does that lag much Marty?

I may have to go seedling hunting too

Don't see any difference, might be minor lag at worst. Problem is harvest timer... it takes tooo long to harvest it all.

@Hennessy 

46 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

Plan on doing something similar once setup on Northern Islands - Not sure i'll go quite that big a herb farm though :D

Do you have any other collections like that?

um.. yes and no.. got 100 baking by making tons of bread if that counts.. not really that crazy; casually poking around ~500 tile farm with corn and skiller rake to move me to 99farming(98.0 atm) but that takes a bit more than convenient time per day as it is.

100 Baking link below - only used 32 ovens for that.. expanded my setup to 64 to chase hfc/beverages, just need the right set of mood to get back to that hell of panfilling(load/unlock thousands...); can't do pressing oils.. something about spamming continue button bugs me .. A LOT(it's just boring); for same reason hate making bricks/mortar/kindling/nails/planks/etc

@Platynaname/screenshots if possible, I mean can you bug the ally to join and share ^^, that be cool

Edited by Finnn

@Martynas5LOVE IT, truly inspirational wurm madness there, I wanted to make a TOWER or several.. with arched walls on outer ends and fill it on each tile inside with trellises on each floor.. going all the way up to max possible, but I quit the idea once I saw I can not fit 4x trellises on 1 tile.. every time I plant them.. on next server restart some pups out unplanted...

Edited by Finnn

4 minutes ago, Finnn said:

@Martynas5LOVE IT, truly inspirational wurm madness there, I wanted to make a TOWER or several.. with arched walls on outer ends and fill it on each tile inside with trellises on each floor.. going all the way up to max possible, but I quit the idea once I saw I can not fit 4x trellises on 1 tile.. every time I plant them.. on next server restart some pups out unplanted...

i place x4 on one tile and then secure. no problems

3 minutes ago, Martynas5 said:

i place x4 on one tile and then secure. no problems

could be just an issue indoors? idk, was pretty nutty min/maxing idea anyway ^^

Make it happen Finn :)

Edited by Hennessy

There is a rumored spot on the south coast of celebration where there are 100 planter racks filled up to the brims with herbs growing i once went there to check it out and it was crazy how much there was gathered there

16 hours ago, moonpie said:

There is a rumored spot on the south coast of celebration where there are 100 planter racks filled up to the brims with herbs growing i once went there to check it out and it was crazy how much there was gathered there

who's the owner, poke them to share ^^

I currently have 40 racks ( 1200 planters ) each of coffee, tea & cacao. This was a huge mistake. I need help. I don't even like beverages or cooking.

• Like 2

Currently 45 racks (1350 planters), 10 of tea, the rest coffee. The skillgain for cooking these has been incredible.

wurm.20211126.1343.jpg

• Like 6

At the moment I have 104 planter racks, were 16/14 tea/cacao and rest with coffee but this week all die and are being replanted so whole week 2-3 days no harvest - dead state, then replanting 3 days no harvest.

Right now not able to take a pic, it's just lines of 30 racks in a row, one after another.

Why do people farm xxxxxx farming crops every week or so?

My previous gardening operation was too small, so I expanded:

wurm.20220106.1756.jpg

Now 200 planter racks, 6000 planters in total

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

still too small, I have 208coffee+4 cacao.. I dare you to make 1 more row of 60 or rather 50? (either way.. few more??)

Edited by Finnn

I was afraid to look into this thread, but curiosity got the best of me.

Shydow proved that I was right to be afraid.

Jeez...your gardening skill must be lit. Harvesting this has to be a full time job. I love it...if making the pottery planters wasn't such a slog (need to get my pottery to 50 to make life better) I would expand my operation too. Goals.