Sign in to follow this  
user

Can I get some of them uhhh pvp changes

I may of missed a statement on this matter as I do not know to read but is there any plans on getting some of those lovely lovely lovely pvp changes over on Chaos? Like the no war bonus, med cap, possibly raid window, take hh throw em in the trash, ect? I just want to make sure Chaos isn't going to be turned into the red head step child where Defiance gets the cool new lego millennium falcon and chaos gets like a megablock assorted set not even a cool design just some random blocks.

• Like 4

Chaos is the new Epic. Enjoy. Priority is the new customers on steam not the oldies. 

19 minutes ago, elentari said:

Chaos is the new Epic. Enjoy. Priority is the new customers on steam not the oldies. 

Good to know that as a non steam user on defiance i am not a priority

• Like 1

-1. The Steam release PvP changes are mostly garbage and need to stay off Chaos.

1 hour ago, Delacroix said:

-1. The Steam release PvP changes are mostly garbage and need to stay off Chaos.

The changes are all to make new players be able to try pvp without having to do stupid stuff like meditate for 6 months. Current state of Chaos allows vets to bully new players to the point where they will not be able to experience that half of the game. If you were bullied in middle school I can understand why you would think they're garbage.

Edited by user

My hope is that they are using Defiance to "beta test" some changes see how they do what they are intended to do, tweak some more numbers and then get those changes on Epic and Chaos too.

The only other hurdle would be to  have the Epic and Chaos communities (yes the 5 ppl) be ok with them i don't think the devs intend to "punish" the people  that grinded their toons for years or gathered the tomes and such.

But is also very true that many of those toons were bought back in rmt times.

If there are still ppl taht would not want the old ways to change then they should enable raid window on their pve deeds and let them keep their preciouss current mechanics :)

I've owned the same char since I started playing. Saw my beloved PvP server become abandoned by players over the course of 4 years. An mmo turned into a single player experience.

Then the pvp transfer happened to Freedom and I went there, like everyone else. I wanted people to play with.

Now freedom has become just like old epic. A ghost town. For me this is something I'm living twice and I am considering on quitting since I don't want to start over a 3rd time, thanks.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:52 AM, user said:

The changes are all to make new players be able to try pvp without having to do stupid stuff like meditate for 6 months. Current state of Chaos allows vets to bully new players to the point where they will not be able to experience that half of the game. If you were bullied in middle school I can understand why you would think they're garbage.

"I'll resort to lame personal attacks in order to defend shitty changes because I'm too ignorant about the game to know any better."

Yeah, you can move right on over to Defiance and let the adults enjoy Chaos.

• Cat 1

31 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

Yeah, you can move right on over to Defiance and let the adults enjoy Chaos.

Max Average  Current
Count: 38 players 22 players 38 players

Which do you see more often, uniques or other players? Asking for a friend.

26 minutes ago, Sovos said:

Which do you see more often, uniques or other players? Asking for a friend.

Nice try, but you lose. Learn the topography of Freedom Isles. Uniques on Chaos don't live any longer, at least not considerably, than on other Freedom servers, 7-13 per server this year so far, 11 on Chaos . 

Edited by Ekcin

Hey we're making progress now delete war bonus and champs pls

• Like 1

I would say remove champs but make war bonus be given/gained for having deed members spend time out on the map but not inside a cave or a building. Maybe make it so you gain it while out on the map and fighting a mob so you cant just have an alt afk in a mine to farm war bonus.

Sure no system is perfect but having people know that if they go out they will get benefits is a good ideea since the biggest block to pvp taking place is folk not wanting to leave deed.

Even the champ system could be made dynamic and less punishing. Like instead of having ppl champ up at the altars you could just have it free flow and have the god's reward champion status to players for their deeds/actions and ofcourse once they are afk /stop playing the others dont need to wait for months for the slot to open it would just be lost organically due to the god awarding champion to someone else in the kingdom that is active.

Maybe in a less powerfull way too like only give as a champ the ability to imp/cast and maybe the ability to have a 2nd med path active or like a 20% dmg taken reduction and 20% damage dealt increase.

So is worth to have it but not game breaking.

I think that should be the mantra of the pvp devs when looking into balancing/changing things: make it strong enough to be worth having it but not game breaking.