Sign in to follow this  
Gianna

Mobs too fast

Occasionally I will run into mobs with no special traits that just chase forever. You cannot lose them. They run over 20 km/hr. It is infuriating. I almost died to this troll and had to ride like 400 tiles to get to a deed. 1Tdd50g.png

• Like 1

that happends "only" when server isnt being slowed down by lag.
It's like the delay it has normal is speed up 5-10x and it will chase you like it glued on your back.

Edited by Rakki

Must be especially infuriating for a newer player having no chance against a chasing troll. I have noticed this behaviour as well, but it seems I might've been saved by server lag a few times.

• Like 1

It should be inquired whether something has changed on the new servers. My experience was that running out even ordinary mobs on feet in the wilderness or open land is close to impossible, at least as long as it does not deal with scorpions, lava fiends , cats, crabs, or other poor pursuers. Even spiders are following stubbornly, and crocs, trolls, and hellhounds are extremely well hounding over extreme distances. Normal wild horses also have troubles to shrug them off.

That changes on roads, much more on highways. As a beginner I used to pull mobs to the spirit templars of Vrock Landing starter town. And I often lost them and had to retry as they lost track on the highway. This is not the case for crocs btw.

And I did not see a connection to lag. Lag, at least on Xanadu, seemed to affect mobs and players equally. You were only in disadvantage when you missed the end of a lag spike while the mob acted automatically.

I noticed the other day when I could outrun mobs on foot on sand but not nearly 16kmh on a horse

I haven't had any difficulty losing mobs on my slow cart, except hell hounds which is next to impossible. In fact, I have a lot of difficulty actually getting them to follow me more than a few tiles usually. Being on foot, with armor, with hurting debuff, or with no stamina (as in picture) you will never get enough speed to lose mobs short of throwing yourself down a steep hill. Travel currently is dangerous. If you get hit and don't have an escape route. drop your tent and make your last stand nearby. Don't run off, or you'll have to find your corpse. When you respawn, don't loot your corpse until you know it's safe, running is easier naked, and you won't lose anything if you die again.