Sign in to follow this  
Huscarl

New deed option

Hey guys !

First of all, sorry for any english mistakes !

So I'm new to the game, playing for like a week, made a first char on Mel then moved with another one to Har and now having fun being member of a village. It's a big one, with several other villages in the alliance, makes a whole great community to play with around. As we're pretty well organized, we decided to get everyone "main" and "secondary" jobs.

There comes my problem, I went to shipcrafter, and would have liked to start making boats "100% safely" from any sneaky thief, close to the sea. Our village itself is too far from water for my goal, so I'd probably have to create my own deed close to the lake, which is all fine by me. But the thing is, I cannot see an simple option to do that, you have to either take risks by building houses and stuff in a non-deeded area to make it unclaimable, or make an alt so you can create the deed with him, join your alliance and throw permissions (which may not even possibly allow me to be the only one on main toon to have full perms on the deed?) or make the deed by yourself and then leave your village citizenship.

The main thing I want is to keep the village chat available, because it's being very active while the alliance chat is not being used so much unless we talk about big projects.

So here's my idea, when creating a deed, make a choice between 2 options : create village or create a <insert correct english word> (work station/construction site/dockyard etc..) that should cost the same price than a village deed but that wouldn't allow you to have respawn point, allow players to settle in, or house building limited or whatever, I didn't think too much about the restrictive options it should have compared to a village but the point would be to allow workers by single permissions, but not make you obliged to leave your whole community cuz you want to dig hard in a mine or create a shipyard, a big farm or something like that. 

So again, I'm new to the game, I tried to gather tons of informations about it but I did feel really overwhelmed about that shipyard project and nothing felt easy to understand. I may be wrong, going through an easy solution without knowing it or other stuff I did misunderstand but... that's it guys, what are your thoughts ?

For what it's worth, and this has nothing to do with your suggestion directly, but you can transport ships overland using a ship transporter - it's a kind of wagon that allows you to load ships.  More info here: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Ship_transporter

Of course, you do need to have the usual 23 BS to load and 20.1 ML to drive, but if you're going to be building ships, you'll probably get those pretty quickly anyway.

• Like 1

You can always build a small workshop near the sea. A 4x5 workshop/shack for example.

Players cannot deed over your building if they do not own it. You can safely build the ships in there without having to pay deed costs.

13 minutes ago, elentari said:

Players cannot deed over your building if they do not own it. You can safely build the ships in there without having to pay deed costs.

Well, they CAN perimeter over it, which means it will decay faster and you cannot repair it, but it should still give you a few weeks of protection

55 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Well, they CAN perimeter over it, which means it will decay faster and you cannot repair it, but it should still give you a few weeks of protection

Perimeter won't make a house decay faster if the player is active, which is the case here. 

• Like 1

Well I wasn't expecting to find a solution here since some nice people already helped me to understand few things about my problem and what could be solutions to fix it, it was more about the suggestion of creating that option, however thanks for all your input guys :D 

aight, made an alt, made him deed owner by sending him cash, been able to give my main full permission while keeping the village chat on his main village thing. It did just cost me to send money to him sending me a 4.80s pea pod, making the alt run to the deed on a 40min walk, setting the deed permissions so my main have "full access" which is in fact 90% of access to the permissions he can get without being a citizen... all that to say, yeah I think my suggestion over here is worth considering to dodge all that player driven activities to get a simple deed over a workbench. 😃

Edited by Huscarl