Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Make damage part of ED work like Venom

Hi!

I was wondering if  it could be possible to make the Essence Drain weapon enchant have the dmg part work like Venom as in: ingnore armor glances.

It would make ED  competitive as a weapon enchant and keep with the pattern: BotD is Coc+WoA and could make ED be LT+Venom

• Like 1

ED does need a tad bit more to it to make it a bit stronger. I think upping the LT would cause it to be unbalanced, so reworking the damage would be the best choice. I think this might help boost it to being a better enchant than it currently is :)

Ill be experimenting more with ED at some point. Currently I can only see the best use case for it being if you over heal all the time with LT and dont want to bother with switching back and forth between an LT and a BT or other damage enchanted weapon. Even then, it doesn't really compare to the switching method overall for damage and healing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nicrolis said:

ED does need a tad bit more to it to make it a bit stronger. I think upping the LT would cause it to be unbalanced, so reworking the damage would be the best choice. I think this might help boost it to being a better enchant than it currently is :)

Ill be experimenting more with ED at some point. Currently I can only see the best use case for it being if you over heal all the time with LT and dont want to bother with switching back and forth between an LT and a BT or other damage enchanted weapon. Even then, it doesn't really compare to the switching method overall for damage and healing.

Thats true.

But my thinking is like this:

The god of wisdom, Vynora is the best at skill gain right? 10% on everything but the Mind Characteristics now? Had Coc which is bis skilling tool aswell.

The god of life/nature, Fo is the best at life and nature right? Can make 5s animals with ease, can  aoe tent animals and crops can grow trees, has the best aoe healing spell (Light of Fo), has the best one target healing spells (heal, and heal med light etc)  has the best healing weapon cast (LT) and best damage weapon cast (Venom, because ignores armor glances which means  more hits landed so more dmg even tho a huge axe does more dmg/hit on paper, is miss galore with that puppy)

The god of pick my nose, Magranon is the best at picking stuff right? Stone Strike on the pick and Strong Wall, also has bonus gain on FS and all Fight Skills, can Focused Will to heal himself or others in a pinch and the speed buff that can be casted on him and on mounts.

Meanwhile Derpbila, the god of death, is not the best at getting stuff dead. the freaking god of life is:) See the irony? On Freedom does not even have mycellium or summon skeletons so i don't think is unreasonable to ask for Derpbila to have the best weapon cast in  the game. BotD is probably bis on Epic and Jackal for skill gains but on Freedom CoC is still better skiller.

So i am thinking what if they make the damage part of ED act like Venom ..... aaaaaaannnd merge Bloodthirst with Essence Drain.. make a new spell called Blood Drain and when you cast it does the heal of current ED, the damage of current ED but ignores armor glances like Venom you grind the BT part of it up you gain 10% more heals and damage/1000 BT str.. so and ED with 10000BT would do 100%  more heals and damage than the current one.

Problem is how to make the ED power cast stack with the BT stacks... uhm that is gonna be hard i guess unless they just put the healing part of ED into BT give is a good baseline value then just have it ramp up with the BT stacks.

And that way  you could end-up with the best weapon cast a 10000kBT but would have to grind for it and if you lose it in pvp well... you have to grind another one while your foe can use it against you:)

On 2nd thought i just realised that Fo can cast Refresh to restore stamina and Mag has Mass Stamina too so i guess i want ED to  heal, do damage like Venom aaaand restore or leech stamina on hit too! :)

Another solution could be that ED will  have a power of the cast chance minus 23 to steal a focus level from the target and apply it to the weapon user or gain a focus level  from hitting the target. 

Guess the 2nd would be the more elegant solution as it will decrease the usage of stam a little bit while giving a cool perk people would be happy to see proc.