Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

Close fixed - FUEL page on wurmpedia update correction

Sindusk has tested and verified his data updates to Wurmpedia. Can close this thread.

I have noticed that Wurmpedia page for 'fuel' (https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Fuel) has been updated by an account named Sindusk on 3 Aug 2020 (thanks CA help remind me of Wurmpedia page update area). The values/amounts of fuel has been changed quite a bit. Sindusk did not provide any references for the changes.

I suggest you guys would change it back the way it was, until some sort of verification for Sindusk's new information has been hammered out.

Personally, Sindusk's version looks better, but still. Having random unsubstantiated changes to Wurmpedia should be limited, I think.

Thanks for your time,

TeeeBOMB

Edited by TeeeBOMB
fixed

is there any references for the fuel values that were added in 2012 and haven't been touched until sindusk changed them to the correct values

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

correct values

Ok. I'll go w/ that if you believe the changes Sindusk made are correct. So many years of bad data, lol. But, of course I'm not in charge of anything. Just I never knew this, and would be great to understand how Sindusk knows he entered the correct values. My thinking is: why allow random unsubstantiated changes to be made to Wurmpedia? Seems that we should have some reference for changes would be great.

3 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

an account named Sindusk

he was a dev

• Like 4

Tests that were done:

Setup

3 forges, side by side. All were 10QL for safety, though any difference under 30QL doesn't matter since all fires under 30QL burn at the same rate.

Fuel Cap Proof

Light all of them at the same time. Wait until the message "The fire burns with wild flames and still has much unburnt material."

• Fuel one forge with 2 tar (16 fuel). This will result in ~21-23kg of fuel.
  • Fuel next forge with 2 tar and 2kg of non-birch wood (21 fuel). This will result in ~23-25kg of fuel.
  • Fuel last forge with 3 tar (24 fuel). This will result in 30kg fuel no matter what, since it hits the cap.

Forge one will start to expire first. Forge two will follow shortly after. The other forges will both be below "A few flames still dance on the fire but soon they too will die." before the third one hits "The fire burns with wild flames and still has much unburnt material."

Message Fuel Proof

The above proof shows we have a 30kg fuel cap on forges. So how long does that burn? Roughly 83.3 minutes if the forge is under 30QL. Can't find the exact logs I had when I was testing everything, but this should basically get the point across

[20:07:25] You selected 3.
[20:07:28] You combine the items into one.
[20:07:28] You combine the items into one.
[20:07:30] You fuel the forge with some tar.

[21:01:30] A forge made from stone bricks and clay, intended for smelting and smithing. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with some stone shards. Ql: 28.588, Dam: 0.0. You can barely make out the signature of its maker, '.in...k'. The fire burns with wild flames and still has much unburnt material.

After that, it's just a matter of examining the fire as it expires and cross-referencing it with how much fuel it should have left.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Tests that were done:

Thanks 🙂

TeeeBomb : Lots of raw data has been released too in the past two weeks, you'll notice alot more changes in the wurmpedia in the next year, I think you could have dwelled your nose in the posts a little to find it out as it was in the announcements.

Having random unsubstantiated changes to Wurmpedia should be limited, I think.

What you call out here is basically all the knowledge that has been written down the last 15 years, people tested out things and wrote down their findings when it wasn't the devs that wrote down everything, they even have sections dedicated to update propositions, also the data mining availability is quite new to the chapter, you're basically not understanding what you talk about and threat this game like your casual one 😕

Asking for sources is right, asking for ways to verify them too, but asking to negate any help provided player-side based on ease-of-trust is basically what seem wrong to me here. Data is available, and changes are to be expected, otherwise datamining wouldn't be available to everyone directly. So, this topic seems unrelevant to me rather than a simple confirmation about the procedure for those changes to occur without incidents.

Edited by DragonNoir

If someone has editing permissions you can assume they were given not by mistake. Yes, everyone should be able to produce the evidence to support their findings upon request, but due to the fact rw access to Wurmpedia is limited, the changes should be reverted only if the evidence is not given when requested or is not satisfactory. @Sinduskwould you consider putting your experiment information on the discussion page?