Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

official map thread

anyone doing an official map thread for harmony?

meaning, making a community map and all that

there i someone , i forget who. i read it somewhere.  and i think they did other maps.  plus we have to wait for the map dump. as the game map is not accurate at all.  i've been tossing 3d paint edit pics of a highway i started  just for fun as i miss helping with the map on celebration years ago.  i'll try to search for the post i saw about the person who said they would do it.

heartlandcovemap.jpg

• Like 1

i searched the forums, cant find the post.  i'll ask around. i'm sure it's one of the other server map makers.  

If it's still needed I'll gladly set it up and maintain it. Just let me know.

I feel like this would be a good idea.

Would love to have some kind of map even if it is not exact. I would settle for a mspaint map at this point with vague colors for different biomes with labels for some deeds. 

A map dump is the ultimate source of cartographic information of course, but before map dumps, or even maps, we were making server maps in wurm. The community map on Independence is an illustration of the way it used to be done. Nothing wrong with having a rough map that can be updated later if, and when, we get a dump.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zenity said:

A map dump is the ultimate source of cartographic information of course, but before map dumps, or even maps, we were making server maps in wurm. The community map on Independence is an illustration of the way it used to be done. Nothing wrong with having a rough map that can be updated later if, and when, we get a dump.

i made a lot of map templates and mantained a lot of maps()after darkmalice left) before the new thingy that everybody likes now. but darkmalice is gone and as far as i know he was the only one who did good map drawings.(until he went nuts and did those super complicated maps.)

looks like someone is already starting one of those new map site thingies people like nowdays with the ingame map as a base for now.

• Like 2

best to just go here for now. they work hard on the maps 

• Like 2

I am currently constructing a highway that connects my deed to a neighbors.  In my mind I call it the Serzanian Highway.  Miketyr is connecting a road from his deed entrance to the road leading I think N a little bit outside of Harmony.  I kind of have an idea of what grid my deed is on, but am not entirely sure so I may wait to post it.

maybe we can post here and get the ball rolling for someone P-19 Harm Devils delight a little back off shoreline