Sign in to follow this  
Korhaka

Playing Wurm from your phone at work

Like many, sometimes where I work there isn't much to do. So playing Wurm is a good alternative! It's how I built my knarr in under a week, around 500 parts were added in 2 days while I was at work. 

There are other methods but this is the one I have used and tested.

You will need to download the Steam Link app which is available for iOS and Android, then if you don't already launch Wurm with steam, add Wurm as a non steam game so that steam can launch it. 

Log into steam link on your phone, you will need to authorize this on the PC for the first login on a new device. 

Now, select Wurm from your library while connected to your PC on your phone and you will likely want to modify the controller settings. You get a steam controller style of layout, map keys you want to this, eg, WASD to thumb stick, LMB and RMB to some buttons on it, I would recommend just the commonly used keys, depending what you have mapped. 

Now you can start Wurm! In the top left corner you should have an icon you can click to edit the layout, use that to move the steam controller type keys onto the screen of your phone, turn on mouse as well, try each of the settings but the one I prefer is where your touchscreen acts like the trackpad of a laptop, with the custom set keys on the sides of the screen.

Obviously, I typed this up while at work so sorry for any mistakes.

• Like 3

Thanks for this! I'm a regular Steam user - I even stream games to my TV downstairs - and somehow this never occurred to me!  ❤

Hang on, are we saying phones are capable of playing wurm? People have trouble playing with onboard gpus on pc hardware so how is this working?

You don't actually play on a phone, you stream it to your phone.

Yeah, your phone will be running a video stream, the actual game is running on your PC. All your phone does is send control input you your PC and show video from it.