Sign in to follow this  
Antony

Lock character gaze to the selected object

Lock the direction the player character is looking to the actively selected object.

Selecting terrain or facing away from a selected object will default the player character's gaze forward.

When selecting other characters, set the center of their eyes as the viewing point.

When selecting objects other than the player character's, set the viewing point at the center of the model

Alternatively: Set viewing points for every object model. It'll be a hassle doing but it'll make the world feel less static. Like for example when you stare at a forge you'll be looking at the embers, and not half-way up the chimney.

Why am I suggesting this?

• You can get a lot of information from people by looking at the direction they're looking.

If I'm out hunting and I see a friend's gaze shoot off to the left, that'd tell me there's likely something over in that direction.

If I'm fighting a dragon and I see nobody is look at the tank, I know I should be looking at the tank to look after them.

It'll help players pose for pictures, especially when sitting down.

It'll make conversation flow more naturally by allowing players to substitute addressing a recipient, with a gaze.

Like     X look at Y.

X talks. 

X looks at Z.

X talks.

You can visually see who messages are directed to.

• Easier to take screenshots in-game for competition, say if you want your body facing one direction while you're looking another, and you want your camera off X degrees, which might normally reset your characters gaze forward.

You can build off this 

Locking gazes allows for proper use of facial gestures, although that's diving deeper than this suggestion post was intended. But imagine, you're sitting with a bunch of friends, getting ready to take a screenshot for a competition. You're all staring at your buddy with the camera, all pulling different faces that express you as players.