Sign in to follow this  
Nukacola

Do something about the starting town deforestation!

Do something about the starting town deforestation! The amount of trees chopped down doesn't put a good tone for new players of the game. Maybe increase tree spawn rate at the starting town or deed over a portion of the forests? What are some other ways to fix this?

+1 

It looks so sad with the waste land around there. maybe expand and add some forest / diff types of trees

Would love to see some pictures, haven't been there in ages myself

Its generally up to us the players to replace this, make a sickle and get them sprouts

• Like 3

Heartland is a barren wasteland. Hopefully the trees grow back soon.

41 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

i feel a barren wasteland is the perfect introduction to wurm online

where is our heart emote?

you dont like the trees are gone, then plant more, welcome to sandbox.

• Like 1

As we've learned, if we simply create a zone to replenish trees players hang around skilling on them. 

Starting zones are always chaotic with a large influx, but it's possible for players to plant trees and build in it too, a curated experience there may result in limiting what players can do 

Wurm is a true Sandbox mmo.

If you don't like the fact that there are no trees in Heartland, then go plant some!

• Like 1

what bothers me more than starter towns being deforested is the pre-portal trash.  Would be nice if decay were set to 100x or something.  Last alt I made could barely walk through without stubbing a toe.

8 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

what bothers me more than starter towns being deforested is the pre-portal trash.  Would be nice if decay were set to 100x or something.  Last alt I made could barely walk through without stubbing a toe.

I was actually thinking about getting my large cart and picking up all the trash and dropping it into the trash heaps.

Edited by Kierkegaard
include quote
  • Like 1

ahhh the deforestation. Something human's are best at. We arent all that good at replenishing what we take it's.. almost like Real life :)

• Like 2

I mean at least deed over a chunk of the forests surrounding the starter towns so they can regrow over and not make the towns so barren when a new player comes in.

6 hours ago, Kierkegaard said:

I was actually thinking about getting my large cart and picking up all the trash and dropping it into the trash heaps.

It's almost as if this has been suggested a few hundred times over the years, but the counter argument to "protect" people's trash always won.