Sign in to follow this  
Arronicus

About people destroying biomes

I would rather not plant my own steppe on Harmony with neighbors being so close. ;)

And now someone is making a road in the middle of the steppe, they don't even know how to pave properly.

kEfsd4A.jpg<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="kEfsd4A"><a href="https://imgur.com/kEfsd4A">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And once they make it a highway we won't even be able to fix it anymore.

Sorry for bad QL picture, its too dark atm.

Edited by Amaluna

Okay, I'm just going to straight up say, I can understand complaining about people changing steppe to forest. Complaining about a road though? Like we need highway infrastructure on this server too.

It could use better paving though.

Edited by Yumi

On 8/13/2020 at 7:30 AM, Serzane said:

Since I am not too far away, one of the things I am trying to do is grab some sprouts from elsewhere and wander into the vast lawnmow and plant.  I am randomly dropping a variety of trees and hoping that as they come up no one runs right at em for the wood at least until there has been a great recovery.  It's kind of fun and satisfying to do.  It's my own apology in away for being 'new'

Okay, due to my noobishness at the time of this post, I now realize that I was nowhere near steppe tiles....DOH!  However, since I have grown a bit in knowledge and gewglishness, I may begin to create some Steppe in an area no one is deeding that has been spawning virtually nothing for a week, mainly due to the mess it has become.  I think this could be a good area at leats for awhile to attempt this because no one has been interested in settling it since I have been in game.  We'll see.

On 8/24/2020 at 7:49 AM, Yumi said:

Okay, I'm just going to straight up say, I can understand complaining about people changing steppe to forest. Complaining about a road though? Like we need highway infrastructure on this server too.

It could use better paving though.

I do think the road network needs improvement where I am at the moment, but I also think that certain areas have over paved.  There is a desert close to me that was spawning crocs and other goodies, but it has been over divided by road, both dirt and pavement.  I am also doing my part to beautify any roads I am building by not just popping out lanes of road, but trying to add some edge features that help with a good vibe.

On 8/23/2020 at 11:40 PM, Amaluna said:

And now someone is making a road in the middle of the steppe, they don't even know how to pave properly.

kEfsd4A.jpg<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="kEfsd4A"><a href="https://imgur.com/kEfsd4A">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And once they make it a highway we won't even be able to fix it anymore.

Sorry for bad QL picture, its too dark atm.

What is it people keep saying? Hmm...oh yeah. Deed it or lose it. 🤣

But seriously, that road is just plain laziness times ten. 

Steppe on northern Melody has been destroyed. Over half of it lost. Lots of digging, high slopes, paving, farming, 3 or 4 deeds. Hunting land lost forever probably.