Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Update: A Struggle To Survive

Spoiler

Main-Menu-Updated.png

World-Previewer.png

First-Actions-And-Products-Of-Crafting.p

Greeting Wurmians!

If a 2D single-player wilderness survival game sounds interesting, I invite you to visit my blog where I am blogging about my experience creating my game using the Godot game engine.

A Struggle To Survive

Follow me on Twitter for instant updates on posts.

- Eyesgood

Edited by Eyesgood
change of name
  • Like 9

This looks very cool!

Subscribed to your youtube channel and definitely be watching progress!

• Like 1

Very cool, subscribed and looking forward to where you take this, enjoyed reading about how you converted the trees from real photos!

• Like 1

Commented on your YouTube but love the look of this, will you be releasing a version at some point? ;)

• Like 1

Thanks.  I will be increasing the frequency of videos along with my dev blog posts once I have more interesting content.  The goal is a Steam release at some point.  But I think that is likely a few years off.

Years, okay wow thats cool, well enjoy the development process then :). Looking great!

3 hours ago, Nytician said:

Years, okay wow thats cool, well enjoy the development process then :). Looking great!

Thanks.  Yeah, the amount of content I want with the initial release will likely take me a few years.  I wish you all the best on your project as well.  

Hah thanks, seems we both like the sandbox genre, I can't get enough lol! All the best :)

I've just come across your dev blog, and your game looks wonderful! I think the seasonal tree models look quite nice. Are you planning to have the seasons impact the gameplay? For example, will food be more scarce in winter? Are you considering a temperature mechanic? Looking forward to following the growth of your game this year!

7 hours ago, Matthias said:

I've just come across your dev blog, and your game looks wonderful! I think the seasonal tree models look quite nice. Are you planning to have the seasons impact the gameplay? For example, will food be more scarce in winter? Are you considering a temperature mechanic? Looking forward to following the growth of your game this year!

Thanks for your interest.  My goal is to simulate wilderness survival with all its dangers and circumstances.  Food, Water, Nutrition and hydration reserves, temperature, dry/wet clothing and the effects against the temperature, hunting, trapping, fishing, ice-fishing, as much as I can.  Though just a game, I would like for it to have some intrinsic value to the concepts and principles of surviving in the wilderness and take that up to thriving, where the player is able to pick a profession and trade/barter for supplies with NPC traders and villages and eventually stake a homestead claim.

Hello Fellow Wurmians.  For those who are following along with my game blog, I wanted to let you know that I have changed the name of my game.

Survive And Thrive is now...   A Struggle To Survive.  This new name is much less used than the ultra-popular Survive And Thrive moniker.  

Please update your bookmark link to:  https://astruggletosurvivedevblog.blogspot.com

Thanks,

Eyesgood

I recently added a new tool to my graphics toolbox.  It is called Krita, a free and open source paint program with some amazing features!  Have a look at a few of the new seasonal trees with the new snow sprites!

Spoiler

Maple-Seasonal-Panel.pngSpruse-Seasonal-Panel.png

• Like 2

Really interesting, super realistic art style! You make the art yourself? Love it!