Sign in to follow this  
Allenfullblade

I get this message trying to deed

[02:17:34] Some settlement nearby requires Alenfulblade to be a citizen or ally.  I am trying to place inside a new guard tower on Defiance. There are no close deeds. I moved close to the nearest one and I get a different message when I am too close to another deed. Does anyone know what this means?

This is the message if your too close to another settlement. [06:25:34] Zwergenlager has perimeter within the planned settlement or its perimeter.

Are you near the Cobra King, Sword of the Stone, or Lady of the Lake? 

When you are trying to place a deed within 100 tiles of a deed that you are not allied with(the village you are currently part of if any is not allied to the nearby deed).

100 tiles is a large area, ensure carefully there is not one within that limit.

• Like 1

Im trying to deed directly south of Zwergenlager It is within 100 tiles. I didnt see anywhere where you had to be allies with your neighbors before.  Tho I am not sure how to ally with anyone without having a deed to ally with them. Thanks 

You would be part of an existing deed that is allied to the nearby deed, and you would set out and plant your own deed, thus creating an allied deed to them. I can only guess, but I would imagine this is to prevent placing a deed right next to a non-allied deed, which could be within the 80 tile local range, and during a civil war if any, could cause troubles.