Sign in to follow this  
Davih

Rare creation has been stealth-nerfed (at least on new servers)

I have now made far more than the necessary testing to state this with 99% accuracy.

Rarity on creation has been stealth nerfed, to somewhere between 20% and 33% of the original values.
or they just messed up something making it become like this

It doesn't create a non-rare item, but you just get significantly less moments of inspiration when creating an item (at least a 2-component garauteed-rare one)

Please keep in mind that i have made over 600 rares and 80 supreme items in the old servers, so i do know what i'm talking about and how to test it properly and extensively with multiple accounts.

I'm still unsure if the "improving inspirations" have been reduced aswell, i don't have tested it enough to know.

The regular inspirations on mining/digging/woodchipping/praying(lol) actions seem to be the same as before, not sure if slightly reduced on high server-lag moments.

But just to clarify, i also tested rare creation on melody at a low-population time, and the reduction is still there for creation.

This isn't just a complaint, it "could" be good for the long-term economy
But, if this has been done on purpose, it would have been nice to read it somewhere in the patch notes, just saying.

Also feel free to share your experiences or your testing if you feel like it.

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

when you have encountered such? ive seen no difference week ago

(on Old servers)

Edited by Pankivtanke

3 minutes ago, Pankivtanke said:

when you have encountered such? ive seen no difference week ago

(on Old servers)

I never encountered this on old servers, only on the new ones, but i haven't made any test (now) in the old servers

Edited by Davih

I can't speak to creation rare,  but imping to rare seems fine.

• Cat 1

Still waiting to understand if this was done on purpose or not (and so will be fixed?...)

Maybe it's just on of the timers that's gone bananas because of the lag?

2 minutes ago, Mornare said:

Maybe it's just on of the timers that's gone bananas because of the lag?

Inspirations on other activities seems to be average, or just slightly less than average, so it looks like something specific

It's rng, you can get really lucky or really unlucky 

I've been getting stupid lucky; genuinely doubt they changed anything.

3 minutes ago, Jore said:

It's rng, you can get really lucky or really unlucky 

I've been getting stupid lucky; genuinely doubt they changed anything.

No it's not rng, the size of the sample i endured before opening this thread goes way beyond rng

To dumb it down(not necessarely for you): if you throw a dice 1000 times and get a "6" only 5 times, you can't just assume that you've had bad luck, there is definitively something wrong.
I know the odds, i used to make supreme items on demand in a matter of 1-2 days

Edited by Davih

10 minutes ago, Davih said:

No it's not rng, the size of the sample i endured before opening this thread goes way beyond rng

To dumb it down(not necessarely for you): if you throw a dice 1000 times and get a "6" only 5 times, you can't just assume that you've had bad luck, there is definitively something wrong.

Fair enough; I definitely understand where you're coming from, but my experiences even just today counters what you're experiencing. (2  successful rares and a supreme in 5 hours or so, with other failed moments)

Now that I think about it I will say I've only seen 1 rare from creations, with the rest coming from imping so it may be something there. Now I'm interested to see more data from others come in haha

Edited by Jore

1 minute ago, Jore said:

Fair enough; I definitely understand where you're coming from, but my experiences even just today counters what you're experiencing. (2  successful rares and a supreme in 5 hours or so, with other failed moments)

I will say I've only seen 1 rare from creations, with the rest coming from imping so it may be something there. Now I'm interested to see more data from others come in haha

I'm talking specifically about creations, improving seems the same as before, from what's i've seen, even if i don't have extensive data about improving

Edited by Davih

Just now, Goremor said:

deed rare bonus?)

it's irrelevant for the kind of testing i have made, you just save up materials with that one

On a sidenote, the fact that every other action seems to be pretty much the same as before, or only slightly reduced (as i said, i got tons of inspirations on mining/digging/praying/chopping etc)

Makes me think that this cannot be something dependant on lag, because any lag-dependant rarity window scarcity would have affected every kind of action, not just the creation ones.

So yeah, this is particularly serious, because it was a huge nerf that was never stated anywhere in the patch notes, and i wasted almost 2 entire weeks setting up for and then spamming for rares with extremely poor results, on top of that, when i tried to recycle my playstile on actually focusing on channeling using the alts that were supposed to create rares as links, they nerfed that into oblivion aswell.

My first 2 and half weeks of playing have been destroyed by stealth and uncalled for nerfs, i was super excited about this launch and now i almost feel like quitting, i wonder what's next.

Edited by Davih

You may just have pointed out why this change (if intended) was a good idea

Edited by Derp
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Derp said:

You may just have pointed out why this change (if intended) was a good idea

On 8/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, Davih said:

This isn't just a complaint, it "could" be good for the long-term economy
But, if this has been done on purpose, it would have been nice to read it somewhere in the patch notes, just saying.

Still, the fact that it was never mentioned in any patch note in any way, could be a pretty crappy thing, don't you think?

Edited by Davih
  • Like 2

Ive heard people say that its been nerfed... But the things is, Last year I imped (successfully) around 25-27 times in a row on rare rolls, that were unsuccessful in making a rare or better. As far as I have seen, it's just the same as it was before the steam launch. Without Dev confirmation though, its all speculation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicrolis said:

Ive heard people say that its been nerfed... But the things is, Last year I imped (successfully) around 25-27 times in a row on rare rolls, that were unsuccessful in making a rare or better. As far as I have seen, it's just the same as it was before the steam launch. Without Dev confirmation though, its all speculation.

I understand the reasoning behind what you say, but in terms of sample size and expected results, this is not comparable.

25-27 successful improves mean that you could have expected around 5-8 rares, it's very bad luck indeed to not get one for so many ina row, but it's not completely unacceptable in terms of statistics.

the amount of testing i've made goes beyond RNG possibilities, this isn't speculation. Nothing is theoretically impossible, in terms of statistics, you could roll a dice a milion times and never get a 6, but there is a point after which you tend to decide that it's not just bad luck. On top of that, i've heard many other people complain about this, and most of the rares/supremes were obtained by improving, even though a lot of people used to make rares on creation, it's not just me, even if not all of them posted on here. I still think their data is of little relevance compared to my testing, but yeah, we have that aswell.

I've not seen a Dev confirmation so far, but i guess they wouldn't be too eager to admit that they did a stealth-nerf on purpose without even putting in the patch notes.

Anyway, we could have one maybe? I mean, if he says nothing was changed and everything works fine, i'm not gonna believe it anyway, but would be still nice for other people to have an official answer, i guess.

Could the server timekeeping be influencing it? (Like it messed with sleep bonus usage, etc)

Oh, never mind, you addressed in OP. 

Edited by LionIX

Just now, LionIX said:

Could the server timekeeping be influencing it? (Like it messed with sleep bonus usage, etc)

Most likely not, because all other kind of inspirations were working pretty much fine, might have been less aswell in the very first days, but can't be too sure about that, on average, they seemed fine to both me and most other people i inquired about, if it was server lag influencing rarity windows,  they should have been less aswell

• Like 1

Btw, i am done with the seriously-intensive testing from a while, but i'm still keeping a couple chars  doing this 12hrs/day to see if anything changes, the sample size it's becoming slowly even bigger, 

If the possibility that this could be blamed on RNG was already way-off for me before, it becomes more ridiculous everyday.

And yeah, it's still not have been changed/fixed back to normality.

I'll also add a screenshot to prove that i'm not bluffing about my experience in making rares/supremes
this is just 1 of the chars that i used, i usually used up to 5
(rares at the top - supremes at bottom)

hSrjUzu.png

Edited by Davih

Before steam launch i imped more rares... After one or two at best atm...

Just now, Martynas5 said:

Before steam launch i imped more rares... After one or two at best atm...

Imping "shouldn't" be affected, also should be less frequent, so harder to sample, might have been bad luck in that case

Probably bad luck, need to imp more i guess. And creation looks fine to me, got few rares and supreme just making shafts...