Sign in to follow this  
Davih

Rare creation has been stealth-nerfed (at least on new servers)

for me it also seems like rare chance has been reduced. During the first week i buffed up rarity window by 10% and played about 10 hours a day and not a single useful rare.

Rare creation has been stealth-nerfed

Good.

• Like 1

Most modern day gaming customers expect that nerfs and buffs are all disclosed in patch notes for player information. If not disclosed, at least an official "yay" or "nay" after the fact if someone asks, given the amount of rumour and paranoia which can ensue if it is left to customers themselves to debate what is going on.

• Like 3

And.... why is this bad?

Rares should come from imping, not creation spam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

And.... why is this bad?

Because it wasn't in any patch notes.

• Like 1

Just now, Davih said:

Because it wasn't in any patch notes.

Right... because that would cost subs.

And, the fact that is something kinda "hard" to detect and requires massive amount of testing to even be discovered and can easily be blamed on RNG for a very long time, makes it much worse that it wasn't mentioned in any patch notes, it's not something you can realize with 100% accuracy by just wasting a day or two.

39 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Right... because that would cost subs.

Oh well, i subbed 7 chars for 2 months mostly for that, but no worries, as soon as i realized that they nerfed it so hard, i just decided to make all the alts priests, so that i can link them to skill channeling, they will become priests today! :D

Edited by Davih

7 hours ago, Davih said:

Oh well, i subbed 7 chars for 2 months mostly for that, but no worries, as soon as i realized that they nerfed it so hard, i just decided to make all the alts priests, so that i can link them to skill channeling, they will become priests today! :D

I'm not sure if you're trolling us or yourself 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

I'm not sure if you're trolling us or yourself 

Well, it's basically a joke, also it's a true story, the decision was made like 3 days before the nerf

On 8/13/2020 at 8:17 PM, Fairyshine said:

Most modern day gaming customers expect that nerfs and buffs are all disclosed in patch notes for player information. If not disclosed, at least an official "yay" or "nay" after the fact if someone asks, given the amount of rumour and paranoia which can ensue if it is left to customers themselves to debate what is going on.

Wurm is at least 50% soap opera,  I can guarantee you that even if Wurm devs released 100% of changes in patch notes someone would still create a conspiracy theory about secret nerfs.

• Like 4

(Melody)

In the past 2 weeks I have created:

TWO Rare Small metal shields (one creation, one improved)

Supreme hammer (improved)

Supreme small metal shield (improved)

various rare rockshards

stop whinging and get back to crafting!

Edited by Firecat

11 hours ago, Firecat said:

(Melody)

In the past 2 weeks I have created:

Rare small wooden shield,

TWO Rare Small metal shields

Supreme hammer

Supreme small metal shield

various rare rockshards

stop whinging and get back to crafting!

at creation or improving?

also rockshards have nothing to do with the thread

Edit : i've seen your edit, this just proves my point further, lol

Edited by Davih

On 8/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, Davih said:

Rarity on creation has been stealth nerfed, to somewhere between 20% and 33% of the original values.
or they just messed up something making it become like this

It doesn't create a non-rare item, but you just get significantly less moments of inspiration when creating an item (at least a 2-component garauteed-rare one)

Just to make sure I understand correctly, you are talking specifically about creating lots of maul heads, for example, to get rare maul heads? (therefore mauls)

While "creation" of raw materials, like stone shards, appears unchanged, and/or creation of non-guaranteed parts, like shafts, appears unchanged from what you can tell?

You need at least 14 premed accounts that spam 24/7 at least for a week to be tested properly

patches without patchnotes is all the rage again just like it was in the rolf days, ive been running into quite a few different things that were changed without notes recently

its nerfed on south freedom too from testing my friend did

• Like 4

On 8/13/2020 at 9:58 PM, Wargasm said:

Rares should come from imping, not creation spam.

Wrong. Rares should come from both, from imping which is resource efficient and enables you to get the chance to make your already good items even better, and it should come from creation spam, where you spend more resources and sacrifice skillgain to get rares. Fortunately, the devs recognize this. 

You need at least 14 premed accounts that spam 24/7 at least for a week to be tested properly

Premium account status only affects supreme and fantastic chances, not the chances of going rare to begin with. 

Edited by Arronicus

4 hours ago, Tor said:

It's "almost" what i did...

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

interesting...

Anyway, from my latest testing, it's still nerfed, but it's "less" nerfed than it was before, if it was somewhere like 20% of original on the first 2 weeks of harmony, it's now somewhere around 50% of original.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

patches without patchnotes is all the rage again just like it was in the rolf days, ive been running into quite a few different things that were changed without notes recently

just as I decide I want to spam out a rare large maul head, rip

So after literally two weeks of not one single rare ROLL, despite imping and creating MANY items I went back to indy to do some work. Ended up with two rare and one supreme (horseshoes) out of a dozen I was imping. Two days later I made a supreme larder on harmony. That was literally my first rare roll there since day #2.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 3:19 AM, Anarres said:

Just to make sure I understand correctly, you are talking specifically about creating lots of maul heads, for example, to get rare maul heads? (therefore mauls)

While "creation" of raw materials, like stone shards, appears unchanged, and/or creation of non-guaranteed parts, like shafts, appears unchanged from what you can tell?

sorry, i missed this question, basically, yes, all correct.

I don't have enough data to say anything about shafts/planks/nails/etc creation, but i tried both "heads" creation and tool creations (i.e. combining the head with a shaft to make the maul)