Sign in to follow this  
Erowynn

Mason grind?

I'm seeking the best, most effective way to grind mason from 40-50, and then obviously beyond that. I'm finding that imping forges/ovens or grindstones has become very slow or is that just normal for this skill and I'm on the right track?

You might try looking around for guard towers to imp. That's done well for me. There's also the joyful experience of making tons of mortar, but not sure that will give you much skill for long. 

• Like 2

I believe masonry is supposed to be hell to level due to the fact its the general skill used in building. The idea being if you build alot the skill will level up. However if you build out of carpentry materials or just aren't a builder and have a fence, options to skill it seem pretty limited. Perhaps contract yourself out to people that want a builder, they supply the mats you spend the time putting it together.

I have used imping forges as my way to grind masonry up. I am currently shy of 96 masonry and I got the majority of that skill from forges. Using Sleep Bonus, an Affinity meal and my 1 natural affinity I can get around .07 skill per forge I imp to 90 from creation quality. While this seems like a very low number, you have to take into account the masonry skill I am at currently. At your level using an affinity meal & sleep bonus you should be getting good gains from imping a forge to 50ql. 

Given that best gains come from improving, then improving masonry items seems the best course, so forges, ovens, stone walls, guard towers, should all be targets for your grind/ You'll hear people advising grindstones, but those are mainly stonecutting with a side of masonry, you'll get better gains with 'pure' masonry items.

• Like 1

Forges or ovens inside a boat, lets you see the imp icon. Plus if you roll a rare its a win. Else just imp a handful of grindstones.

• Like 4

On 8/14/2020 at 9:01 PM, Threap said:

Forges or ovens inside a boat, lets you see the imp icon. Plus if you roll a rare its a win. Else just imp a handful of grindstones.

I never even thought to use a Boat in this way 😮 thank you for this Threap!

Thanks guys I'll see about imping a lot of forges and ovens in a boat. I'm building as I can. Main issue with that is needing space, I like the idea of soliciting building services.