Sign in to follow this  
SirMuttley

Building in Heartland perimeter

What is the thought process behind not allowing building on the Heartland perimeter? I think that is one of the neat things about Havens Landing that definitely makes a better first impression of the game. As it is now, new players log into a vast wasteland and *must* venture far out in the wilds just to find a place to build. Obviously this isn't a huge deal given the popularity of the server, but I am just curious if this was an oversight or planned.

• Like 3

I am also curious, I thought letting new players settle in the Haven perimeter on Indy was a fantastic idea. Maybe it did not work out so well in practice and it was taken over by veteran players after "market stall towns" instead of actual new players?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

heartland may get an overhall later like other starter towns on xanadu did.  they may just thought have a big perm to allow for future building. and maybe a tutorial area.  right now it's almost all clear cut forest lol and dug up. 

I kind of like the fact that certain areas of the heartland perimeter can't be built on, especially around the important resources of tar and clay on the western side. Would hate to have them on someones deed and unable to be gathered from, have encountered a few issues with that already

Allowing building on the perimeter never allowed a deed to be created there.  The Independance Haven's Landing example just allowed non-deed homes/buildings and fences and paving.  But yeah, that still risks players fencing off needed resources, just not deeding over them.

Edited by Tristanc
  • Like 2

Apparently they can still fence off, just not little offdeed homestead buildings. Maybe that is what you meant and I just misread.

I think you have always been allowed in put fences in other people's perimeters? Although obviously quite rude if it is another player's perimeter, and would probably get knocked down.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

16 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Apparently they can still fence off, just not little offdeed homestead buildings. Maybe that is what you meant and I just misread.

I think you have always been allowed in put fences in other people's perimeters? Although obviously quite rude if it is another player's perimeter, and would probably get knocked down.

My mistake.  I'd thought that fences couldn't be built on the Harmony and Melody starter deeds' perimeters but hadn't tried doing it myself to know for sure.

Edited by Tristanc